Hacking flash for MICRO ?

viperain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi i have gba MICRO and i am looking for the best suitable flash for me ..
i want about 2 GB. save enable and prefer RTC . also the one with most games working and option to upgrade ones that arent . 10x

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Any full GBA cart-sized compatible cart should suit you quite well. The absolute best flashcart for just GBA is the EZ-Flash III, which comes in a variety of sizes (1, 2, 4Gbit etc..). If you can't find anyone selling an EZ-Flash III, try an M3/G6 solution. EZ-Flash IV cards stink in comparison to the earlier models.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'd go for the M3 Lite. But as Qrayzie mentioned you may want to go for the EZ3 instead.

Btw, it's called a M3 Lite, but it should come with a bigger case so it fits in everything with a GBA slot.

viperain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and what about games? does ez-iii manage to work with all the new ones? need patching? how rtc work there?

i also saaw that someone wrote this:
So I copied Advance Wars and Kirby Amazing Mirror to the NOR portion of the card, the 256Mb portion, and they work fine -- no glitches! Is the correct way of using the card, and if so, what is the 2 Gb portion I also have used for? Maybe just for the games that don't screw up on this portion?

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=57150

what does it means? do i suppose to know to do this kind of stuff? or i simply copy through the software?
if this true maybe i need to buy the 256 size and not 2 gb like i planned?

viperain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
plz someone!! i need answer to order..
wink.gif

dexmix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
plz someone!! i need answer to order..
wink.gif

you got it. 1Gb, is more compatible than the other versions of EZ3.
you don't need more than 1Gb, unless you're truly insane like me, whos filled up an 8Gb.

EZ4 are pretty good and much cheaper than EZ3, but not as compatible, and the load times/save times are slower also.

if you do get an EZ3, get it from jandaman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one