OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.4coolday.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
This is a thread to collect the card info which supports the DSi V1.4 firmware.
Till now, there are NINE cards can support V1.4.

(
PharaohsVizier has done a great post about the method to Update Various Carts to Support 1.4 DSi Firmware in his blog,
you can read it from PharaohsVizier Blog
or the GBAtemp Post .
)

The list is according as the update time:
(1) R4i Golden [Official support site: www.r4ids.com]
(2) EZVi [Updater download from GBAtemp]
(3) Hyper-R4i [Updater download from 4CoolDay]
(4) R4i CN [Updater download from www.r4i.cn]
Note: New Package released at the same time and Real Time Save, Real Time Guide added.
(5) Acekard 2i [Updater download from GBAtemp]
(6) R4Ultra I [Updater download from GBAtemp]
Note:The same updater of AK2i.
(7) SuperCard DSonei [Updater download from supercard forum]
(8) M3i Zero] [Updater download from GBAtemp]
M3 Team released the F core to pass the NDSi V1.4 system finally.
---------------------------------------------------
1. All machines are upgradable: even your machine has already been in firmware 1.4. And no need to find another bootable machine to perform the upgrading process.
2. risk-free: flash card will not be damaged even the upgrading process is not successfully.
3. fast and easy to update
just plug in the "programming cable" and wait for about 30sec.
M3i Zero firmware Upgrade Manual Download
----------------------------------------------------

(9) DS iPlayer [Updater download from dsiplayer]
(10) DSTTi [Updater download from 4CoolDay]

M3i Zero , SuperCard DSonei ,DSTTi , R4i-SDHC(Red package) , R4i RTS ? Which will be the next one ?
When their updater released, the thread will update at the first time.
Wish it can make some help to update your cards for DSi V1.4.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
From what I heard DeMoN some R4i flashcarts are able to be updatable because they're clones of ones that support being able to update like the EZ Flash Vi.

And if you can keep this thread updated I vote sticky, it'll help avoid alot of the "Which flashcart to buy, I'm on 1.4" threads.

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
The M3i is the last known flashcart to be released so give them some time.

I would give Acekard that dirty finger because they're kinda late for the update in which they are the first one to have a DS flashcart comaptible cart.

WHat are the icon of these carts? I know Acekard 2i has Danny Phantom and the EZ5i has TAK. what are the rest of the updated carts used?

numerics

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Equatorial Guinea
hi! which cart does not need another ds to make it work on 1.4? because i dont have another ds... i think i need to buy a new one just not sure which one to buy. the one i have is dstti. any chance it will work on dsi 1.4?

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
numerics said:
hi! which cart does not need another ds to make it work on 1.4? because i dont have another ds... i think i need to buy a new one just not sure which one to buy. the one i have is dstti. any chance it will work on dsi 1.4?

slim chance for DSTTi..
their website didn't even address the 1.4 issue

m3i0 and scdsi0... they are the carts that doesn't require another DS to update
however, they are also the last to release the updates for 1.4

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
retiredjerk said:
cant believe m3 is so slow to update m3i zero and r4 rts..you would think they would be first out the door.

Omg people seriously need to stop worrying about his is first on what I've posted this multiple times. People you should honestly be happy that they even made it so you can update the flashcart, they could have made you buy a completely new one for each update. You should also be happy that they're actually working on it.

The acekard team doesn't even have an official fix yet the fix that was posted was unofficial and found on a random chinese forum, so in reality the only one that's fixed has been the EZ Flash Vi (not including the R4i's). I bet you the reason they're taking so long is because they don't want to look cheap and use the exact same method as other teams, they probably want to find a fix that won't turn your cart into a shovelware game that will make you embarrassed whenever you play it in public.

Jesus

[/rant]

jbach44

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
elixirdream said:
numerics said:

slim chance for DSTTi..
their website didn't even address the 1.4 issue

m3i0 and scdsi0... they are the carts that doesn't require another DS to update
however, they are also the last to release the updates for 1.4

they aren't the only ones that haven't done anything yet, R41-SDHC hasn't done anything as of yet either

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jbach44 said:
tj_cool said:
jbach44 said:
they aren't the only ones that haven't done anything yet, R41-SDHC hasn't done anything as of yet either
isn't it maintained by the M3 team?

no, seperate site www.r41-sdhc.com supposedly a TT clone

It is managed by the M3 team, just because it has a separate site doesn't mean it isn't an M3 product (points to the itouchds).

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=163785

And like the news post says the M3 team isn't just selling this unofficially to make a quick buck as said in the post "This is an official take-over, and is not just a case of slapping the famous R4 branding on the new packages. Wondered why they delayed the M3 Zero? Now you know...".

Just wanted to make sure no one would go and say "Don't trust m3 team they sell fake r4's" because that's absolute BS (someone went around the forums telling everyone not to get the m3i-zero with that statement but with the words changed around a little bit and it pissed me off).

jbach44

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBurnt said:
jbach44 said:
tj_cool said:
jbach44 said:

It is managed by the M3 team, just because it has a separate site doesn't mean it isn't an M3 product (points to the itouchds).

And like the news post says the M3 team isn't just selling this unofficially to make a quick buck as said in the post "This is an official take-over, and is not just a case of slapping the famous R4 branding on the new packages. Wondered why they delayed the M3 Zero? Now you know...".

Just wanted to make sure no one would go and say "Don't trust m3 team they sell fake r4's" because that's absolute BS (someone went around the forums telling everyone not to get the m3i-zero with that statement but with the words changed around a little bit and it pissed me off).

are you sure? (not to disagree with you as I really don't know) cause everyone else is saying that the R4i-SDHC is a TT clone, all I know is, right now it doesn't work in my DSi 1.4U or in a DSL I tried it in in a local Gamestop

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jbach44 said:
DeltaBurnt said:
jbach44 said:
tj_cool said:
jbach44 said:

are you sure? (not to disagree with you as I really don't know) cause everyone else is saying that the R4i-SDHC is a TT clone, all I know is, right now it doesn't work in my DSi 1.4U or in a DSL I tried it in in a local Gamestop

It's all there in my post.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr