Fizeau - Adjust color of your Switch screen

Fizeau
test.png

Adjust the color of the screen of your Nintendo Switch.

Features:
  • Modify the color temperature of the display.
  • Filter colors to one single component.
  • Apply color corrections: gamma, luminance, and color range.
  • Control the screen backlight brightness.
  • Schedule settings to be applied to dusk/dawn time, with smooth transitions.
Installation:
Download the latest zip from the release page, unzip it to the root of your sd card (be careful to merge and not overwrite folders), and reboot.
Only the latest version of the Atmosphère CFW is supported.
If you want to use the overlay, you will need to set up Tesla (install Tesla-Menu and ovlloader). This isn't supported on firmware versions prior to 9.0.0.

Supported firmwares:
All firmares are expected working. The software was tested working on 1.0.0, 2.0.0, 6.0.0 and 10.1.0. If you encounter an issue running this on a particular version, please create an issue.
Settings:
  • Settings are saved at /switch/Fizeau/config.ini, which you can also edit.
  • To reduce the memory usage of the sysmodule, settings are not read continually. Instead, they are applied on application launch. Thus, you will need to launch the client after a reboot to restart Fizeau.

Link: https://github.com/averne/Fizeau/

Last edited by averne,

evertonstz

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Why these kids that keep complaining about lack of support for x or y just don't stfu, fork the repository and add support themselves? The heavy lifting, reverse engineering and research was already done by OP in the end of the day, so it's not like it would take Einstein to do the job.

It's almost like the entitled kids in GBAtemp can't code a hello world in C or even compile a binary... but I'm sure that's not the case. Is it? I'm sure all these anime avatars that love complaining have skills to do more than breath air and watch chinese cartoons all day.

Last edited by evertonstz,

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why these kids that keep complaining about lack of support for x or y just don't stfu, fork the repository and add support themselves? The heavy lifting, reverse engineering and research was already done by OP in the end of the day, so it's not like it would take Einstein to do the job.

It's almost like the entitled kids in GBAtemp can't code a hello world in C or even compile a binary... but I'm sure that's not the case. Is it? I'm sure all these anime avatars that love complaining have skills to do more than breath air and watch chinese cartoons all day.
I agree with you but CHINESE CARTOONS ? BE CAREFUL WITH WHAT YOU ARE SAYING DUDE :ph34r:

Reactions: ragestaker21

ragestaker21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Anime=japan

averne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I guess it can get confusing when you aren't used to it:
Click on the green check mark, then details on the popup:
upload_2020-8-26_16-55-7.png

Then artifacts, and download the zip:
upload_2020-8-26_16-56-1.png

Due to the way CI works the binaries are zipped two times over, though (I should probably fix that at some point).

Attachments

• Fizeau-2.0.0-f94bccd.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 238

LogicElite

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I guess it can get confusing when you aren't used to it:
Click on the green check mark, then details on the popup:
View attachment 222814
Then artifacts, and download the zip:
View attachment 222815
Due to the way CI works the binaries are zipped two times over, though (I should probably fix that at some point).

Outstanding work there Averne! You're taking care of all our eyes at night ;) The UI has been revisited and is wonderful. Keep up the good work. Cheers.

averne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm also curious if the gamma correction means that it's now doing a true color correction as opposed to an overlay.

Also, the beta crashes SXOS on start-up, unfortunately. I'm using the latest version with SX Lite on my Switch Lite.

@averne
Can you give me more detail? A crash report would be really useful.

mattyxarope

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you give me more detail? A crash report would be really useful.

I'm not sure if sx logs crash reports, do they? All I know is that I get 2168-0002 as an error upon boot. This happens with other incompatible sys modules as well.

Maybe @garyopa or @Alchemy_Gaming can give some insight on crash reports?

Last edited by mattyxarope,

averne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm not sure if sx logs crash reports, do they? All I know is that I get 2168-0002 as an error upon boot. This happens with other incompatible sys modules as well.

Maybe @garyopa or @Alchemy_Gaming can give some insight on crash reports?
Yeah, without proper error reports I don't see myself solving this.
Something I'm wondering: if you put AMS sysmodules in /sxos/contents (or whatever), will it load them? That way you could be running pretty much an unmodified AMS.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yeah, without proper error reports I don't see myself solving this.
Something I'm wondering: if you put AMS sysmodules in /sxos/contents (or whatever), will it load them? That way you could be running pretty much an unmodified AMS.
Nope, you will get SX OS error screen with something about unsupported sysmodule version iirc.

Reactions: mattyxarope

evertonstz

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey, averne I noticed the 2.0 version is capable of lowering the screen brightness pretty low. How exactly is that being done? You're actually lowering the backlight or you're somehow fooling my eyes using other methods? If you're actually controlling the backlight, do you think pushing it outside Nintendo's boundaries could bring any risk to the panel in the long run? Congratulations for the homebrew and all the research that went into reverse engineering everything, the new version is top notch!

Anyway possible for this to be used in an overlay like I just tap a button with Tesla and it selects the preset for the screen?
Doesn't seem to be possible. Fizeau seems to be pro-automation in that regard.

averne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Anyway possible for this to be used in an overlay like I just tap a button with Tesla and it selects the preset for the screen?
You can select a profile to be applied to the screen in the applet client. The overlay can only edit the profile currently in use.

Hey, averne I noticed the 2.0 version is capable of lowering the screen brightness pretty low. How exactly is that being done? You're actually lowering the backlight or you're somehow fooling my eyes using other methods? If you're actually controlling the backlight, do you think pushing it outside Nintendo's boundaries could bring any risk to the panel in the long run? Congratulations for the homebrew and all the research that went into reverse engineering everything, the new version is top notch!
The luminance is different from the backlight brightness. The former only darkens colors without actually dimmering the backlight, so the LCD panel blocks more of the light coming from the backlight. Since the backlight isn't changed, it doesn't improve battery life, for instance. So no, I don't think it can possibly have an impact on the panel.

Reactions: evertonstz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    https://www.amazon.com/Tentacles-Made-Gay-Hunter-Fox-ebook/dp/B00M0VCUPK let's be real, who isn't at least a little gay for tentacles though?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Maybe a ghost writer?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Oh my God the graphics are so realistic looking." Lol of course it was the shiznit back then tho.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've never stood in line overnight or for hours, to buy anything. I can just wait and buy it later.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I have never done that either.
    closest ive done is getting to target a couple hours early in the moring to get some amiibos.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im back
    But that topic makes me sad. :(
    Abusive narcissistic ex shame guilted me into selling them becasue my gaming and interests were childish like a little kid collecting toys. :(
    I had soooooooooooo many of them. All still sealed.
    +1
    I eventually had to contact a domestic abuse advocate to help me get out of the apartment I was in a lease with her. And filed a restraining order on her cuz she kept harassing me after i left her.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt bring my Charger and nobody here has one compatible with my phone
    either you have usb C and no one else does, or everone else has usb c except you. haha
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, i don't have usb c
    That happened to me for like a year. lol. I was the only one of all my friends and family to still have an old phone.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, my phone is from around 2019
    Mine was from 2017. lolol. I just got this new one like 6 months ago. Not even new, second hand cheapo $40 phone. But it has usb c. lol
    I cant justify $1k+ on a nice ass phone. I can spend that on a 75" tv screen. Why a 6" screen device cost me the same? lol
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had a iPhone 5 for like 6 years, till last year, and had to get new phone, when phone companies stop using the cdna networks, which the iphone5 used.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A phone can do more than a TV
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    These smart TVs are getting close tho. Gonna be like "back to future" TVs before long.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah a phones going to always be more powerful than a TV if the TVs $2grand maybe but why when I can put a smaller device in my pocket that does basically everything a TV already does
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can justify a decent $800 smartphone that'll last 3 years when I could get a 65" TV for $400 and buy a decent micro computer for $100 more
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I can justify a decent $800 smartphone that'll last 3 years when I could get a 65" TV for $400...