OP averne Advanced Member
    Newcomer

France
    There's another check for the firmware version

Digi_Ohhh likes this.
  3. Digi_Ohhh

Digi_Ohhh GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    Found out what was causing those graphical glitches and crashes while using the app: my sys-clk configuration, underclocking everything to the minimum. Everything's working now

averne likes this.
  4. LightBeam

LightBeam GBAtemp Fan

France
    I've noticed that with Fizeau, the console can't dim the screen when it's not used
    Sometimes I do let my console on my 2nd screen, paused, cuz I do something else on my PC but I do like the fact that the screen gets darker when I don't use it (I think it's because of the option that prevents screen burning), but when Fizeau is on it's always bright. When I use the controller again, there's a moment when Fizeau gets off then back on right after (I believe it's the moment when the console should get out of « sleep » (not really sleep mode since the screen is only darker but you get the point)

So the question is, do you think it's possible to automatically disable Fizeau after 5 minutes without using the console so the « anti screen burning » option can work, and enable it when we press a key or something ? For short, would it be possible to not prevent the anti screen burning option from working ?

edit : I think it already works properly on handheld ? I'll test more, but docked with my desktop screen it does not

Last edited by LightBeam, Oct 30, 2020
  5. averne

Newcomer

France
    Works in handheld mode on my machine indeed.
    I can either disable Fizeau or do the dimming myself. What do you think would be the better option?

6. LightBeam

LightBeam GBAtemp Fan

France
    Whatever is easier for you I guess. If you can do the dimming yourself, I think it would be better, but I believe you'll have to make it desktop only so we're sure that it doesn't make the screen too dark in handheld and I don't think you would have to do that if you just go with disabling Fizeau. I really don't know anything about programming but I'm just worried about being able to wake up Fizeau via just pressing a button or touching the screen just like we wake up the console

7. mathew77

mathew77 Lovin' life.

Kazakhstan
    If you will ask me, I guess dimming by yourself will be the better option. Thanks! :)

8. averne

Newcomer

France
    Got started on this, it's gonna need a bit of reversing though and I don't have much free time on my hands right now

LightBeam and mathew77 like this.
  9. averne

Newcomer

France
    LightBeam and mathew77 like this.
  10. mathew77

mathew77 Lovin' life.

Kazakhstan
    Actually just can't wait, thanks. :)

11. averne

Newcomer

France
    Released v2.1.0: https://github.com/averne/Fizeau/releases/latest
    • Added optional chainloader to autostart the filter. If you'd like to have it, install the Fizeau-chl.zip instead. Don't forget to remove /atmosphere/contents/0100000000000F12/flags/boot2.flag if present!
    • Added dimming with a configurable timeout (9.0.0+)
    • Added an option to enable blue (> 6500K) temperatures

Titney, Freyjadour, LightBeam and 3 others like this.
  12. Titney

Titney Member
    Newcomer

I looked into the difference between the versions where it stopped working on SXOS (1.3.1 and 1.4.0 https://github.com/averne/Fizeau/compare/v1.3.1...v1.4.0) and noticed that was when ams::CheckApiVersion(); was added. I have a strong suspicion that the more recent versions might work on SXOS again if only that was omitted.

I'd try to do a test build myself but I have an old 32-bit desktop and can't even get the devkit to install. But if someone could do a test build of a recent version without that check, I would be more than happy to test it on my SXOS Switch. Thank you so much for all your work!

LiveMChief likes this.
  13. mathew77

mathew77 Lovin' life.

Kazakhstan
    Thanks!
    If I set dimming timeout to 00:00, it's constantly dimming all the time. A wish — if it's set to 00:00, can I disable dimming at all?..

14. averne

Newcomer

France
    Sure.
    The CI builds are broken right now because I depend on libnx master, so I attached the binaries.

Attached Files:

mathew77 likes this.
  15. ElYoni

ElYoni Newbie
    Newcomer

Mexico
    This is awesome, I just wanted to say thank you and tres bien!

This is pretty much the only reason I want to mod my Switch for. Alas, my current version apparently cannot be modded... So I gotta wait.

Thank you dear!

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Fizeau, Adjust, Switch