Fizeau - Adjust color of your Switch screen

Fizeau
test.png

Adjust the color of the screen of your Nintendo Switch.

Features:
  • Modify the color temperature of the display.
  • Filter colors to one single component.
  • Apply color corrections: gamma, luminance, and color range.
  • Control the screen backlight brightness.
  • Schedule settings to be applied to dusk/dawn time, with smooth transitions.
Installation:
Download the latest zip from the release page, unzip it to the root of your sd card (be careful to merge and not overwrite folders), and reboot.
Only the latest version of the Atmosphère CFW is supported.
If you want to use the overlay, you will need to set up Tesla (install Tesla-Menu and ovlloader). This isn't supported on firmware versions prior to 9.0.0.

Supported firmwares:
All firmares are expected working. The software was tested working on 1.0.0, 2.0.0, 6.0.0 and 10.1.0. If you encounter an issue running this on a particular version, please create an issue.
Settings:
  • Settings are saved at /switch/Fizeau/config.ini, which you can also edit.
  • To reduce the memory usage of the sysmodule, settings are not read continually. Instead, they are applied on application launch. Thus, you will need to launch the client after a reboot to restart Fizeau.

Link: https://github.com/averne/Fizeau/

Last edited by averne,

SkullHex2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found out what was causing those graphical glitches and crashes while using the app: my sys-clk configuration, underclocking everything to the minimum. Everything's working now

Reactions: averne

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've noticed that with Fizeau, the console can't dim the screen when it's not used
Sometimes I do let my console on my 2nd screen, paused, cuz I do something else on my PC but I do like the fact that the screen gets darker when I don't use it (I think it's because of the option that prevents screen burning), but when Fizeau is on it's always bright. When I use the controller again, there's a moment when Fizeau gets off then back on right after (I believe it's the moment when the console should get out of « sleep » (not really sleep mode since the screen is only darker but you get the point)

So the question is, do you think it's possible to automatically disable Fizeau after 5 minutes without using the console so the « anti screen burning » option can work, and enable it when we press a key or something ? For short, would it be possible to not prevent the anti screen burning option from working ?

edit : I think it already works properly on handheld ? I'll test more, but docked with my desktop screen it does not

Last edited by LightBeam,

averne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've noticed that with Fizeau, the console can't dim the screen when it's not used
Sometimes I do let my console on my 2nd screen, paused, cuz I do something else on my PC but I do like the fact that the screen gets darker when I don't use it (I think it's because of the option that prevents screen burning), but when Fizeau is on it's always bright. When I use the controller again, there's a moment when Fizeau gets off then back on right after (I believe it's the moment when the console should get out of « sleep » (not really sleep mode since the screen is only darker but you get the point)

So the question is, do you think it's possible to automatically disable Fizeau after 5 minutes without using the console so the « anti screen burning » option can work, and enable it when we press a key or something ? For short, would it be possible to not prevent the anti screen burning option from working ?

edit : I think it already works properly on handheld ? I'll test more, but docked with my desktop screen it does not
Works in handheld mode on my machine indeed.
I can either disable Fizeau or do the dimming myself. What do you think would be the better option?

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Whatever is easier for you I guess. If you can do the dimming yourself, I think it would be better, but I believe you'll have to make it desktop only so we're sure that it doesn't make the screen too dark in handheld and I don't think you would have to do that if you just go with disabling Fizeau. I really don't know anything about programming but I'm just worried about being able to wake up Fizeau via just pressing a button or touching the screen just like we wake up the console

averne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France

averne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Released v2.1.0: https://github.com/averne/Fizeau/releases/latest
  • Added optional chainloader to autostart the filter. If you'd like to have it, install the Fizeau-chl.zip instead. Don't forget to remove /atmosphere/contents/0100000000000F12/flags/boot2.flag if present!
  • Added dimming with a configurable timeout (9.0.0+)
  • Added an option to enable blue (> 6500K) temperatures

Titney

Trophies
XP
Country
I looked into the difference between the versions where it stopped working on SXOS (1.3.1 and 1.4.0 https://github.com/averne/Fizeau/compare/v1.3.1...v1.4.0) and noticed that was when ams::CheckApiVersion(); was added. I have a strong suspicion that the more recent versions might work on SXOS again if only that was omitted.

I'd try to do a test build myself but I have an old 32-bit desktop and can't even get the devkit to install. But if someone could do a test build of a recent version without that check, I would be more than happy to test it on my SXOS Switch. Thank you so much for all your work!

Reactions: LiveMChief

averne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks!
If I set dimming timeout to 00:00, it's constantly dimming all the time. A wish — if it's set to 00:00, can I disable dimming at all?..
Sure.
The CI builds are broken right now because I depend on libnx master, so I attached the binaries.

Attachments

• Fizeau-2.1.0-3f98edc.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 180
  • Fizeau-chl-2.1.0-3f98edc.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 188
Reactions: mathew77

ElYoni

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This is awesome, I just wanted to say thank you and tres bien!

This is pretty much the only reason I want to mod my Switch for. Alas, my current version apparently cannot be modded... So I gotta wait.

Thank you dear!

kazuki_chan8

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Can this improve/extend usage of the switch? I mean will the switch battery last longer than before?

edit: i got error after opening latest fizeau. The error saying "panic occurred while running atmosphere"

Last edited by kazuki_chan8,

SkullHex2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand when this applies:
Code:
Don't forget to remove /atmosphere/contents/0100000000000F12/flags/boot2.flag if present!
I installed `Fizeau-2.1.0-43a791e.zip` as is and Atmosphere panics on boot.
I deleted `/atmosphere/contents/010000000000000F12/flags/boot2.flag` and launching Fizeau via Homebrew Launcher doesn't work.

UltimateFight

Mell-Known Member
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Code:
Don't forget to remove /atmosphere/contents/0100000000000F12/flags/boot2.flag if present!
I deleted `/atmosphere/contents/010000000000000F12/flags/boot2.flag` and launching Fizeau via Homebrew Launcher doesn't work.
I don't know what happened with your atmosphere, maybe you should check your other sysmodules, do they conflict with Fizeau?
I think that tips is for "Fizeau-chl-2.1.0-43a791e.zip", without boot2.flag, Fizeau'sysmodule will not boot itself when consle is boot on.

averne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Code:
What's the error code?
I don't know what happened with your atmosphere, maybe you should check your other sysmodules, do they conflict with Fizeau?
I think that tips is for "Fizeau-chl-2.1.0-43a791e.zip", without boot2.flag, Fizeau'sysmodule will not boot itself when consle is boot on.
Indeed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free