1. averne

OP averne Advanced Member
    Newcomer

France
    Yeah I'm still working on it, this was just a brief showcase of the proof-of-concept.
    The research involved reversing nintendo's video code/gpu drivers with the help of existing code in the Linux Tegra driver and its reference manual, and a lot of reading up on color correction (which is terribly more complex than it sounds:D).

2. cearp

cearp 瓜老外
    Developer

Tuvalu
    wow, very impressive. that sounds very complex, I hope you shared/will share any information on the switchbrew wiki (or whatever site people use)
    congratulations!

ragestaker21 likes this.
  3. averne

Newcomer

France
    Yes I actually plan to document it in my repo. I don't think switchbrew is the place given that it's not really switch-specific stuff.
    I explain briefly how the feature I'm using for this works here, if you're interested.

4. averne

Newcomer

France
    Miscalculated gamma ramps can lead to funny results...
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. averne

Newcomer

France
    Quick update: at this point, I have pretty much everything I want implemented (minus some stuff I want to polish, and some code cleanup). What you see here is the client ui. On the right side are two preview windows, the first to show color modifications (in this case, only temperature), and the second to illustrate color correction on the gamma ramps. The images are of course placeholders.

However I don't have access to an external monitor right now, so I can't really test on that. I think I'm gonna hold the release until I can make sure it works properly, ie in early September. In the meantime, I'll write the overlay.

Last edited by averne, Aug 4, 2020
  6. ragestaker21

ragestaker21 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    Wow looks good!
    It is still a filter on top of the screen like precedent releases or is a real color modification?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I F LOVE YOU, THIS IS WHAT NINTENDO SHOULD HAVE DONE IN 2017, YOU ARE AWESOME.

I suffer from HEAVY photophobia and GAD and i must use always very yellow glasses,sometimes these glasses are too heavy for some games especially the blurry ones with dynamic res. With this app i can play without Any glasses and customize the intensity of the blue light! CANT WAIT TO INSTALL FIZEAU 2.0

YOU ARE THE BEST

Last edited by ragestaker21, Aug 5, 2020
  7. cinemon

cinemon Newbie
    Newcomer

Denmark
    WOW...i have waited for something like this since the beginning of home-brew for switch. I need gamma setting ;)

I have a problem with Fizeau 1.4.... I get error on the latest firmware and AMS.

Please release FIZEAU 2.0 TODAY :D

LOVE YOU!

Sookie69 and ragestaker21 like this.
  8. LightBeam

LightBeam GBAtemp Fan

France
    Yep, looks like Fizeau is not usable on the latest firmware.

Also, Fizeau 2.0 looks so damn good. Being able to finally correct the colors on my shitty screen + being compatible with overlays will make it perfect :yay:
    Can't wait to try it

9. averne

Newcomer

France
    I tried with the latest release on 10.0.1/AMS 0.14.1 and it worked. Maybe some issue with another sysmodule?

10. averne

Newcomer

France
    Okay, I've reproduced the issue after booting via fusee-primary instead of my usual hekate.
    Just pushed a fix: https://github.com/averne/Fizeau/releases/tag/v1.4.1

11. LightBeam

LightBeam GBAtemp Fan

France
    Yep, works properly now ! Thanks a lot for the fix

12. averne

Newcomer

France
    I've decided to publish a "beta" after I was told the app worked on external displays (aka docked mode).
    Keep in mind that I didn't properly test external display support yet, so some things might be quirky. Especially, I'm aware that official software applies some settings over HDMI (the AVI infoframe, specifically) that I haven't reversed atm.

Source: https://github.com/averne/Fizeau

Attached Files:

13. ragestaker21

Newcomer

Italy
    Would love to test but i have to update atmosphere first shimatta

14. bountheast

bountheast Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I just tried it out on my Switch and it works really, really well. Even docked (at least for me on my monitor). This is actually awesome, thanks!

ragestaker21 likes this.
  15. ragestaker21

Newcomer

Italy
    Trying fizeau 2.0 beta and it works so good! Nintendo could have done this but nope , this gentleman on the internet, external to the company, does it and its even great!!!

3k temperature

CF84ACA6-299A-452C-81BF-9C4A239C12CF.jpeg

Last edited by ragestaker21, Aug 23, 2020
    cearp likes this.
  16. mattyxarope

mattyxarope GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm also curious if the gamma correction means that it's now doing a true color correction as opposed to an overlay.

Also, the beta crashes SXOS on start-up, unfortunately. I'm using the latest version with SX Lite on my Switch Lite.

@averne

Last edited by mattyxarope, Aug 23, 2020
  17. averne

Newcomer

France
    Yes, it's not an overlay anymore. You can read the detail of the inner workings in https://github.com/averne/Fizeau/blob/master/README.md (don't hesitate to ask questions).

I don't officially support SX OS.It may or may not work, I can't test it anyways.

Anyways, I reversed the HDMI stuff i mentioned earlier in the thread. It sets the "color quantization range" to either full or limited, which is redundant with the color range setting they already implement using the CMU. I'll probably implement it for completion's sake, anyways.

cearp, ragestaker21 and mattyxarope like this.
  18. mattyxarope

mattyxarope GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah, I'm getting error 2168-0002 when booting into SX.

Unfortunately it's the only firmware available for Lite and Mariko units. Hopefully one day there's a solution for it.

I can't wait to try it eventually - it looks great!

19. LightBeam

LightBeam GBAtemp Fan

France
    Works damn well both handheld and docked mode, I used to stop playing with my monitor because it looked like shit and it was way too bright, now it looks damn well + the compability with tesla is neat
    Really great job on this one, I wasn't able to use Fizeau 1.0 that much because of tesla but now, it's just the perfect app. Finally, my eyes will stop burning at night. Thanks a lot for your work dude

ragestaker21 likes this.
  20. Chrisssj2

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    No SX OS support. Not interested.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Fizeau, Adjust, Switch