1. averne

OP averne Advanced Member
    Newcomer

France
  2. UltimateFight

UltimateFight Advanced Member
    Newcomer

China
    Great update! :DI have some suggestions for the overlay.
    In the Fizeau overlay, pressing tesla's hotkey or touching a blank part of the screen will bring it back to the tesla menu, that's weird, why not just close the overlay like any other overlay?
    Can the "Filter" option be placed at the bottom?I don't think it's an option that needs to be used more often than the "gamma"and "luminance".
    Can you set a key to reset the value? Like press Y on the "luminance" and then reset it back to 0.00?

Last edited by UltimateFight, Aug 31, 2020
  3. drrastovac

drrastovac Advanced Member
    Newcomer

The latest version is working fine. Thank you.

Last edited by drrastovac, Sep 2, 2020
  4. W0NDERwaffle3

W0NDERwaffle3 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Anyone have any good presets they can share , im too dumb to get this to work.

Sookie69 likes this.
  5. Shalashaska98

Shalashaska98 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Any luck of this working with SX?

6. mattyxarope

mattyxarope GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Nope

7. notimp

notimp Well-Known Member

Laos
    Install the latest atmosphere, then install all the prerequisites as stated in the github readme (If the atmosphere version is too old, the switch will now be in a bootloop back to the bootloader, shut the switch off, remove the sd card and delete the two folders you added in /atmosphere/contents/ - then the switch will boot again. After that update atmosphere, for real now.. ;) ).

Also Switch might need to be on firmware 9.0.0 or higher to use the current version of all stated prerequisites (Tesla Menu).

Boot up the switch, then start the fizeau nsp. It has a universal toggle, set that to active), then move over to color, set color temperature to max kelvin, brightness to 30 (or something reasonable) for both day and night periods.

Set both luminance sliders to default (center, so 0.0) positions. Gamma can be left at 2.4

Go back to the first tab and hit apply.

Now the overlay should basically be 'transparent'. At all times of day.

Then go over to color once more and slide the color temperature slider to the left. Go overboard at first - so you really see a difference. Then move back to the first screen, and hit apply.

Now your screen should really show a difference.. ;)

If all you want is to remove the blue tint on a Switch v1 screen, go back to the colors tab and select 6124 K for both day periods, then go back to the first screen and hit apply.

This should get rid of the blue tint on a Switch v1.

(To use 'blue filter mode' for night, just move the 'night' color temperature slider further to the left (and adjust brightness for that time window as needed). And hit apply.)

I havent measured color accuracy yet, I could, and I may do so in the future.

Adjusting gamma, would adjust - gamma (curve 'from black to white'), but as deactivating the overlay shows no adjustments in that curve, when set to 2.4 - its best to leave it at 2.4 (again, without having measured a grayscale ramp at different brightnesses yet. :) ).
    Also - according to the diagram it would do that by only reducing the color green channel, which means, if you do that too much, white balance would get out of whack.

Luminance would decrease peak brightness (also by modifying the light output of the green channel), and there is absolutely no need to do that without a colormeter. :)

So the color temperature slider is your friend, really - all others (without a meter) should be left at the stated (default/transparent) values.
    --

Also, thank you very much for coding this, the blue tint was really distracting while playing retro games. This helped immensely.

Last edited by notimp, Sep 14, 2020
  8. tnecniv43208

tnecniv43208 GBAtemp Regular

Taiwan
    I'm on latest atmosphere with fizeau 2.0, everytime I launch it my switch crashes with fatal error abort at 0x100, I have no sys modules on other than fizeau, are there any thoughts of what might be wrong? Other homebrews work perfectly

9. notimp

notimp Well-Known Member

Laos
    I'm on firmwre 9.2.0, latest atmosphere (0.14.2), latest fuse-primary.bin (make sure you also updated that), latest hekate bootloader (v5.3.2).

(Reboot payload in atmosphere switched to hekate v5.3.2, but you dont have to.)

Boot chain is hekate booting fuse-primary.bin (so basically fuse-primary.bin is the payload that gets used to boot up hekate).

Everything except replacing the reboot payload was left at default values. I've set up all of it today - and it worked.

edit:
    BCT.ini in my case looks like this (current default one has all the exosphere entries removed), but I doubt that its that. But then again, this is something thats different from default in my case as well.
    edit2: Also launching the app through album works as well as launching it (/homebrew launcher) through a game.

Last edited by notimp, Sep 14, 2020
    tnecniv43208 likes this.
  10. tnecniv43208

tnecniv43208 GBAtemp Regular

Taiwan
    Thanks for the reply, unfortunately after I updated Hekate and atmosphere it still doesn't work, BCT.ini looks exactly like yours without exosphere. The attached is the fatal error report created by launching fizeau, maybe someone would like to give it a look.

Attached Files:

11. notimp

notimp Well-Known Member

Laos
    So strange... hope you get dev attention. Have the 'always on ftp' module active (ftpd), as well as the cheat engine thingy (Edizon), but apart from that, nothing - really...

Make sure the nsp is in the default folder (unter /switch), and in no other folder you might have moved it to (maybe some paths are hardcoded).

Also make sure you enable 'show hidden files' if you are on a Mac, to copy things over - some folders in the setup start with a dot (.), which indicates to MacOS, that they are hidden. You have to move over those as well.

I used Filezilla to copy over all files via ftp, and it showed hidden files (at least has a toggle somewhere to enable that, not sure if its the default behavior), so it was easy to copy them over - even on a Macbook.

Thats about all I can think of.

Last edited by notimp, Sep 16, 2020
  12. Digi_Ohhh

Digi_Ohhh GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    Same issue here, tho I'm not on the latest Atmosphere and I thought that was the issue (as if)
    I'll try updating as soon as the new sigpatches are out (provided they aren't already) and get back to you

Edit: can confirm it still doesn't work, Atmosphere crashes when running the app via Homebrew Launcher (non-applet mode)

Last edited by Digi_Ohhh, Sep 16, 2020
  13. mathew77

mathew77 Lovin' life.

Kazakhstan
    Confirmed it, too — the latest build for now Fizeau-2.0.0-6b72dca doesn't work with the latest AMS 0.14.3 @ OFW 10.2.0.
    Gives me this:
    error.jpg

It was all good on the old AMS 0.14.2 @ OFW 10.1.0 though.

Last edited by mathew77, Sep 16, 2020
    guywhatever likes this.
  14. Digi_Ohhh

Italy
    Have you tried rebooting? I remember the same thing happening to me right after installing Fizeau, but before rebooting my console.

Anyways, I managed to get it working by replacing the version installed via Homebrew App Store with the latest release downloaded directly from GitHub.
    it still feels very WIP: lots of graphical glitches when configuring a profile that may result in Atmosphere crashing (crashed twice for me, I wasn't even able to save any changes)

15. mathew77

mathew77 Lovin' life.

Kazakhstan
    Yes, same..

Do you have the latest OFW 10.2.0 and AMS 0.14.4 (like my setup)?.. Thank you in advance for your help.

Last edited by mathew77, Sep 17, 2020
  16. Digi_Ohhh

Italy
    No, I'm on 10.1.0 and AMS 0.14.3
    Maybe there's something wrong with the latest OFW, but I doubt it ... easiest way to get the developer's attention is to open an issue on GitHub imho

mathew77 likes this.
  17. mathew77

mathew77 Lovin' life.

Kazakhstan
    As I wrote, it was all good on 10.1.0.
    Okay, I'll try!

18. averne

Newcomer

France
    The problem here is not your FW version, it's your AMS version.
    The sysmodule checks the exosphere API version during boot and crashes when it's found to be lower than what it was compiled with.

19. averne

Newcomer

France
    https://github.com/averne/Fizeau/releases/latest

Make sure to update to AMS v0.14.4 beforehand.
    The reason the overlay closes and goes back to the menu is that when going hidden, the overlay doesn't free its service session. So if a user opens the applet client while the overlay is hidden, the sysmodule will crash because it only supports one session at a time.
    I implemented your other suggestions.

UltimateFight and Digi_Ohhh like this.
  20. Digi_Ohhh

Italy
    I'm not sure I get it … if he's on Atmosphere v0.14.4, how can the exosphere API version be lower than the one the sysmodule was compiled with?
    Sorry to bother you but I'd like to understand better

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Fizeau, Adjust, Switch