Fizeau - Adjust color of your Switch screen

Fizeau
test.png

Adjust the color of the screen of your Nintendo Switch.

Features:
  • Modify the color temperature of the display.
  • Filter colors to one single component.
  • Apply color corrections: gamma, luminance, and color range.
  • Control the screen backlight brightness.
  • Schedule settings to be applied to dusk/dawn time, with smooth transitions.
Installation:
Download the latest zip from the release page, unzip it to the root of your sd card (be careful to merge and not overwrite folders), and reboot.
Only the latest version of the Atmosphère CFW is supported.
If you want to use the overlay, you will need to set up Tesla (install Tesla-Menu and ovlloader). This isn't supported on firmware versions prior to 9.0.0.

Supported firmwares:
All firmares are expected working. The software was tested working on 1.0.0, 2.0.0, 6.0.0 and 10.1.0. If you encounter an issue running this on a particular version, please create an issue.
Settings:
  • Settings are saved at /switch/Fizeau/config.ini, which you can also edit.
  • To reduce the memory usage of the sysmodule, settings are not read continually. Instead, they are applied on application launch. Thus, you will need to launch the client after a reboot to restart Fizeau.

Link: https://github.com/averne/Fizeau/

Last edited by averne,

helvetinperkeles

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I love my Switch Lite but the screen just seems so desaturated after switching from my OLED.

Does anyone have a settings file they could share to make colors more vibrant and blacks a bit darker?

Love this tool, thank you all so much <3
Try these. To my eyes it look great now.

Attachments

• 20230317_201507.jpg
    20230317_201507.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 101

Medel87

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Chainloader version don't autoboot for me, someone can help me? I have autoboot active at sysmodules, but it always stay OFF and must enter fizeau to apply it everytime I suspend or shut down switch

Last edited by Medel87,

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Can anyone tell how is the user experience? I mean does just help to config subjective taste stuff, like making picture more warm/cool, or it straight up enhance the experience? Like on vita, there are plugins there allow adding more brightness and more wide color band, which is generally good.

Cooler3D

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Can anyone tell how is the user experience? I mean does just help to config subjective taste stuff, like making picture more warm/cool, or it straight up enhance the experience? Like on vita, there are plugins there allow adding more brightness and more wide color band, which is generally good.

Useful for fix gamma or saturation issues in some games. For example, Persona 5 Royal (oversaturated red).
Can replace realistic filter for DOOM Eternal (it is cheaper than GPU shader).

Reactions: Reploid

Dabd96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Thanks for the awesome work! I was wondering if it's possible to use this app on the switch android mode.

mathew77

Lovin' life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
Dear averne, please add the support for the latest 16.1.0 FW! Got this error when trying to run latest 2.4.1-680ba4f Fizeau buiild:
error.jpg

Oh, sorry, after reinstalling the module for now it works good, thanks @MultiKoopa !

Last edited by mathew77,

averne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
New release 2.4.2: https://github.com/averne/Fizeau/releases/latest

This fixes two longstanding issues regarding sleep mode transitions:
- A system crash (this would also happen when the console was left in sleep mode, as it periodically wakes itself up)
- A situation where the color correction would stop being applied automatically

At this point I've been running this fix for a whole week on my own console, without any issue.

Froller

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hi, that would need separate RGB sliders that others in this thread have requested.
I'll need to sit down and do it at some point.
Hi. Sorry to be annoying, but is there any hope that RGB sliders will be implemented?) in my dreams it would be super support for .icc profile, ah dreams dreams dreams)

platanos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New release 2.4.2: https://github.com/averne/Fizeau/releases/latest

This fixes two longstanding issues regarding sleep mode transitions:
- A system crash (this would also happen when the console was left in sleep mode, as it periodically wakes itself up)
- A situation where the color correction would stop being applied automatically

At this point I've been running this fix for a whole week on my own console, without any issue.
Thank you very much.
Does it support v17 firmware or not yet?? I see no mention to v17 in changelog, so I guess it works only in v16 ??

SkullHex2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this depends on how I update Fizeau (HB App Store), let me know if it does.
Can the /config/Fizeau/config.ini not be bundled with the releases? Each time I update Fizeau, my configuration is reset (luckily I have a backup in a different folder). Perhaps you could do something like Atmosphere, i.e. bundle a config_template.ini so that config.ini is not overwritten when you update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: