1. wurstpistole

wurstpistole GBAtemp MVP

United Kingdom
    As always, don't update if you want homebrew

wartutor likes this.
  2. gohan123

gohan123 GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    they could atleast allow some games to be played off the external drive. I'm sure there are plenty or even the majority of games which doesn't use ps5 tech properly. like third party games or even just some indies. I think the most games on ps4 with app2usb still worked great with a usb 2.0 external drive, even if official extended option only allowed usb 3.0.

Codemastershock likes this.
  3. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

United States
    And still no Dolby Vision support for the 4K Blu-ray player. I guess the PS5 isn't ready for all of the Sony tv's that have Dolby Vision support and also advertised as "READY FOR PS5!!!!". It pisses me off that I spend $500+ on their new console and they expect me to dish out another few hundred on a stand alone 4K player that DOES have Dolby Vision. This is one instance where I'll say "Fuck you, Sony!!!". I couldn't care less about expandable storage as I never have more than a handful of games on my consoles anyway. I finish one and delete it, instead of trying to play 50 games at one time and keep all of their stories and control schemes separated from one another. The only games that ever stay on my consoles are ones heavy on multiplayer like a racing game or something, or casual games that you can pick up and play briefly and put back down within 30 minutes.

4. SilverWah

SilverWah GG Xrd Rev 2 best game period.

Netherlands
    We are losing digital stores for the PS3, PSP and PSVita to incompetence like this.
    Fuck Sony.

5. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

United States
    Were you thinking about making some major purchases on the PS3, PSP and PSVita stores? I doubt you were even considering spending a cent until they announced it.

6. SilverWah

SilverWah GG Xrd Rev 2 best game period.

Netherlands
    Not really tbh but still upsetting.

7. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

United States
    But why? No one cared until it was announced. All three systems are moddable with backups available in many places, not to mention any past purchases can still be redownloaded.

8. Deathwing Zero

Deathwing Zero GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    The fact that there are also m.2 NVMe drives without DRAM cache which would exacerbate that problem as well. On top of that, whether the drive has a DRAM cache or not is not advertised. Of course, even if it was it's not like everyone would understand what that even means. I'm not really surprised Sony hasn't done anything yet with the m.2 expansion. I wouldn't even be surprised if they only allowed proprietary ones to resolve all the issues you've pointed out. Time will tell, I suppose.

Codemastershock likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - transferring, releases, tomorrow