Hacking First 7.1 firmware needing game is out...

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Actually the easiest way to remove emuNand is to use Win32DiskImager or similar tool to write anything bigger than 512 bytes (for example, Win32DiskImager.exe itseft) to the SD card, the partition table would be overwritten. Then, just simply format the SD card, and emuNand would be gone.
yeah or that :ha:

just make sure you back up your saves and files from your SD card first though,as you will have to put them back on afterwards

tofast4u

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish they released another Mario Platformer game, I always thought the Yoshi/Wario/Baby Mario/ games weren't that fun.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you go to gateway mode (i.e running the ds profile exploit) with emunand on the SD, it will ALWAYS use emunand mode (holding L or not holding L, it doesnt matter), to update your system nand you obviously just dont run gateway mode then update (dont ask me why you would want to like)

only way to not use emunand once its installed is to remove the emunand partition on the PC or use a old launcher from before emunand was added i.e 1.0-1.2, b1 and b2 will always boot emunand if it is set up on the SD car,

PS. dont confuse this with thinking your 3ds just boots into emunand if its been switched off completely.....when you first power on its in system nand which is just the standard 4.x untill you run the DS profile exploit

wow i cant believe i didnt notice this, thanks for clearing that up
for some reason i was under the impression that you had to boot to the GW menu then go to boot gateway mode option to boot emunand , i thought booting without going to the menu 1st just booted regular GW spoofing mode without emunand
i guess i never noticed cause i have been playing games all the way through cause of no multirom and cause i am paranoid because of reports of sav bugs, so i never turn off my console ,even though i had no probelms saving with LOZ ALBW and RE revelations , i got paranoid after 2.01b sav bug reports

mattrunks

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Flashcard Compatibility Notes For Yoshis.New.Island.EUR.3DS-CONTRAST:

Loads the game with the correct language:
Gateway 2.0b1 + NO emuNAND.
Gateway 2.0b2 + NO emuNAND. (Not recommended)
Gateway 2.0b1 + EmuNAND 4.x - 6.x
Gateway 2.0b2 + EmuNAND 4.x - 7.x (Not recommended)
MT-Card 1.1 + EmuNAND 4.x - 7.x

Loads the game but with incorrect language:
Gateway 2.0b1 + EmuNAND 7.x.x

Not Working at all:
Gateway 1.2 = Gives a 'Game Card was removed' error message.

R4i 3DS Firmwares and their corresponding Gateway firmware version:
Gateway 1.2 = R4i Gold 3DS Deluxe 2.0 and 3.3b
Gateway 2.0b1 = R4i Gold 3DS Deluxe 3.0 and 3.3
Gateway 2.0b2 = R4i Gold 3DS Deluxe 3.1 and 3.2 (Not recommended)

Note: 'Gateway 2.0b2' and 'R4i Gold 3DS Deluxe 3.1 and 3.2' firmwares
are unstable and can brick your 3DS. It is recommended to not use these Firmwares.

How to fix incorrect language (e.g Game playing in Japanese)
- Don't use EmuNAND (Make a backup your 3DS SD card and use 'Panasonic SD formatter'
to re-format your SD Card, then copy your backup back onto the SD card.)

- Downgrade your EmuNAND to 4.x - 6.x version using 'EmuNAND Tool'
to write one of your old EmuNAND backups back to your EmuNAND SD Card.
(This requires you to have previously backed up your 6.x.x EmuNAND)

- Format a new EmuNAND, this will reset your EmuNAND version back to 4.5.0,
but you will lose access to the eshop and other things that need 7.x.x firmware.
(Make sure you backup your 3DS SD card before formatting a new EmuNAND!)

- Use GW 2.0b2 Firmware (Not recommended)

DeckardBR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kirby works fine on GW 2.0b2, the japanese version at least, the game just has not been dumped, you can do like me and purchase the damn thing though, it's totally worth it.

I have a US 3DS with Gateway 2.0b1. Can you play import Japanese carts using that? Do I just boot into classic mode? I thought region free classic mode was not supported yet. I would buy this cart tomorrow if I can get the Japan cart to play using my US 3DS with gateway

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a US 3DS with Gateway 2.0b1. Can you play import Japanese carts using that? Do I just boot into classic mode? I thought region free classic mode was not supported yet. I would buy this cart tomorrow if I can get the Japan cart to play using my US 3DS with gateway
You can get region free for retail games if you use MT-card's 1.1 firmware, which supports that natively and has no bricking code as far as we know. It will break 3DS ROM compatibility because the MT-card firmware won't recognize the Gateway red card though. This will also work if you have no 3DS-mode flashcart at all.

acacd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Got "Connection has been interrupted" when I choose 2P minigame mode--->Share

Anybody else?

MT1.1+emuNAND 7.1.0

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I've mastered first 3 levels so far. Great fun to look for hidden collectibles :)

Just wondering, Yoshi is a way cool little game, takes me way back to the snes Super Mario World game. My question to you is, can you save the game? I do the way you should X out then close but it does not seem to save any of my progress, does yours do the same?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Just wondering, Yoshi is a way cool little game, takes me way back to the snes Super Mario World game. My question to you is, can you save the game? I do the way you should X out then close but it does not seem to save any of my progress, does yours do the same?
loads and saves fine for me

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad I did not pay for this game ...yeah, like I would anyway! ;)
Yet another Nintendo 3DS 2D 20 years late platform game from Nintendo ...what ever next???

What a nice thing to brag about :creep: T'would be most unfortunate if the Gateway and EmuNAND no longer worked with newer 3DS games.

Reactions: jagerstaffel

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Oh look, shocking. Randomizer still being bitter about Gateway. Can't be healthy to hold on to that hate for months and months.

I'm still bitter, but if you've looked in other threads it's kinda clear I've let my hate out already. Who can blame him? Pissed me off too, and still does.

Great that this game works! I'll be grabbing it soon!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o