Ponderin' about theories.
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I'm new to this kind of stuff, if I purchase this card:
http://www.realhotstuff.com/R4i-Gold-3DS_p_86.html
Will it work on a new 3ds XL that I'm purchasing on Sunday?

Thanks, and awesome list. My other option is the DSTWO, but I might just get that later down the line and give this as a gift if it comes to that.
Flashcards Working:
What revision is my card? click here
(4.5.0-10) Action Replay DSi (codejunkies.com) - no update needed
(4.5.0-10) R4iTT Purple - 3ds Sticker (r4itt.cc) - no update needed
(4.5.0-10) Supercard DS2 (supercard.sc) - Firmware 1.19 (ENG, CHS)
(4.5.0-10) r4igold wood (r4igold.cc) - 4.5.0-10 update
(4.5.0-10) R4infinity 3 (r4infinity.com)- 4.5.0-10 update
(4.5.0-10) R4iTT Purple - New Sticker (r4itt.net) - 4.5.0-10 update
(4.5.0-10) R4iGold 3DS (r4ids.cn) -(Revision C Only with the Deep Labyrinth) -update not released yet
(4.5.0-10) R4iDSN 3DS (r4idsn.com) -(Revision C Only with the Deep Labyrinth) -update not released yet
Yes. But you need the firmware and a Micro SD card (Not sure if SDHC works but it's best if you buy the normal MicroSD). If you don't know what to do you can ask on the forums

Megaponder

Ponderin' about theories.
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Oh, awesome! And the one from realhotstuff is fine right? What do I do when I get my card? Just plug it into the 3ds xl or download and install the WOOD R4 V1.54 from r4ids.cn?
Well it should be a reliable source. And it should be fine.
When you get your flashcard get a MicroSD card and put it in a card reader then plug it in to your computer.
Download WOOD R4 V1.54 and extract the files in the empty Micro SD card. Put your games on it and you should be good to go.
Insert the MicroSD into the R4 then put it in the R4
After inserting the R4 into the 3DS a DS game image should show up on the inserted game. It's actually the R4 but that's what the R4 team does to bypass the anti piracy.
EDIT: Remember to reformat the empty Micro SD card to FAT32

Lirath15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it should be a reliable source. And it should be fine.
When you get your flashcard get a MicroSD card and put it in a card reader then plug it in to your computer.
Download WOOD R4 V1.54 and extract the files in the empty card. Put your games on it and you should be good to go

Great! Thanks for the help :).

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey Pong
Is there a more style-ish OS for the R4iGold 3DS (r4ids.cn)?

You can get it to boot straight to and run games directly from moonshell. There is a small problem of some games not showing icons properly due to having different headers. You end up with the general icon showing instead of the games icon.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes. But you need [...] a Micro SD card (Not sure if SDHC works but it's best if you buy the normal MicroSD).
Almost every flashcard that supports the DSi supports SDHC. The R4i from R4ids.cn is a very common flashcard and a common flashcard should support SDHC!
But they have the information at their homepage, too:
r4ids.cn/r4ids-e.html said:
Support SDHC (Micro SD 4G,8G,16G,32G)

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
OP
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Pong, I suggest you reconstruct this list with care. As you know, newbies to flashcards all around the world will choose their cards according to your list. Therefore, it's your responsibility to make this list perfect. For cards listed above, more than one users should report that their cards can support the latest system. More than one users of dstwo have reported that the patch is ok and dstwo should be listed. More than one users of r4i gold(r4ids.cn)have reported that their cards with the icon of laby .. can support 3DS 4.5.-10 and r4i gold should be listed. For r4itt.net, I have reported there is something wrong with the patch and you can also check it by yourself. However, you choose to pay no attention to it.

Tranfeer you must understand i cannot give any company a BOOST because they are new or old and there updates have failed or been a success
the list is to show what card is working on the latest update
i have recommended cards i personally suggest people underneath the list
as for r4itt.net, WOW you stated a typo on there site
unless you have applied the patch to the card and have proof (video would be preferred if you wish to prove it) that it doesnt work on 4.5.0-10
i have to go by what the manufacturer states on there site about there product
i cannot just slam them and contradict there site without proof that what there stating is wrong
yes there update for 4.4.0-10 is the same as 4.5.0-10 but unless it has been applied and proved to be blocked i will not change the list

Nemo700

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm a bit worried about my r4i gold from r4ids.cn : mine (rev C) comes with the Metroid icon (maybe I shouldn't have updated from the Dorasu icon ?) so it will not work if a game forces upgrade to 4.5.0-10.

It's been 3 days since they've claimed "revision C supports the new firmware directly" and now they have changed their website, not to release the update but to say "working on the patch for other revision, will keep updated on our site soon"
Well last time they used these words it was "we are still working on those old revisions (below "9" , means 6,7,8), will keep it updated on our website soon", it was in september and we are still waiting for that "very soon" to come

I'm quite afraid they are not able to produce the "deep labyrinth" version as an update but not telling so... or maybe they are hoping for people to buy again ? (but that doesn't sound realistic as most shop must have the older "metroid" revision in stock)

Anyone here with more optimistic news ?

By the way, is there a list showing which 3DS firmware is needed for each game (or which game forces the update) ? I'm going to buy "new style boutique", I hope it will be ok with 4.4.0-10.

edit : r4ids.cn (not com, thanks Technimaster0)

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm a bit worried about my r4i gold from r4ids.com : mine (rev C) comes with the Metroid icon (maybe I shouldn't have updated from the Dorasu icon ?) so it will not work if a game forces upgrade to 4.5.0-10.

It's been 3 days since they've claimed "revision C supports the new firmware directly" and now they have changed their website, not to release the update but to say "working on the patch for other revision, will keep updated on our site soon"
Well last time they used these words it was "we are still working on those old revisions (below "9" , means 6,7,8), will keep it updated on our website soon", it was in september and we are still waiting for that "very soon" to come

I'm quite afraid they are not able to produce the "deep labyrinth" version as an update but not telling so... or maybe they are hoping for people to buy again ? (but that doesn't sound realistic as most shop must have the older "metroid" revision in stock)
Do you mean r4ids.cn (not com)?
I think that the update will work with 4.5.0-10 because it works preinstalled. Maybe they have to test the version before they release it. They will support the C revision because it's the latest one. They've changed their website because many kiddies at youtube misunderstood their anouncement.
It's good that you've updated from the Dorasu icon:
Dorasu icon: every firmware before 4.4.0-10 (I think that it was preinstalled and not downloadable)
Metroid Prime Hunters: works with 4.4.0-10 and previous versions (update for 9-C availble at their website)
Deep Labyrinth: works with 4.5.0-10 and previous versions (only preinstalled; only avaible for C Revisions)

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
OP
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
I'm a bit worried about my r4i gold from r4ids.cn : mine (rev C) comes with the Metroid icon (maybe I shouldn't have updated from the Dorasu icon ?) so it will not work if a game forces upgrade to 4.5.0-10.

Anyone here with more optimistic news ?

By the way, is there a list showing which 3DS firmware is needed for each game (or which game forces the update) ? I'm going to buy "new style boutique", I hope it will be ok with 4.4.0-10.

edit : r4ids.cn (not com, thanks Technimaster0)

i speak to the team and there will be an update released to update the cards so dont worry about it
they have also said they are trying to get the latest update onto there other cards below RevC

the main issue with the <9 rev cards is a big hardware change, but i have asked them again for an update on there status

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Tranfeer you must understand i cannot give any company a BOOST because they are new or old and there updates have failed or been a success
the list is to show what card is working on the latest update
i have recommended cards i personally suggest people underneath the list
as for r4itt.net, WOW you stated a typo on there site
unless you have applied the patch to the card and have proof (video would be preferred if you wish to prove it) that it doesnt work on 4.5.0-10
i have to go by what the manufacturer states on there site about there product
i cannot just slam them and contradict there site without proof that what there stating is wrong
yes there update for 4.4.0-10 is the same as 4.5.0-10 but unless it has been applied and proved to be blocked i will not change the list

Pong, I have a r4itt.net at hand , which has been updated with the patch for 4.4.0-10 downloaded from www.r4itt.net before.
I just want to update it with this patch designed for 3ds4.5.0-10 on my NDSL.
When I press KEY_A as before, "You card is 5.05 and there is no need to update it" is showed on the top screen.
Howerver, when I insert it to my 3DS, I still get the icon of " Demo Metroid" .
I just get "power off" information when I try to enter 3DS4.5.0-10.

You can also make a try by yourself.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That's weird. I swear I have revision C, but why is my icon different from the websites? I have the Metroid Prime Hunters demo icon.
Because just some shipped cards after 4.4.0-10 have the Labyrinth Icon. Everyone who uses the Metroid Prime Hunters Demo header can't use his card at 4.5.0-10.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm Tranfeer's statement that the firmware attempts to update to 5.05 (it even boots in no$, oddly enough) and that the timestamp on the file they're distributing (or rather the update file within the archive which means the timestamp is preserved after download) is from back in October...

I just can't find the 4.4.x update they released to do a hex comparison, but I'd need it to be from their site/server to actually confirm it.

isthar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just +1'ing everyone's experience that there are, even very recently shipped, 3ds r4i gold cards (I bought from RHS like five days ago) that don't have the labyrinth icon - mine is the metroid demo...

Nemo700

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think that they have still old cards in their stock.
Definitely : a friend of mine bought one on the last week of november, it arrived last week (just 2 days before 4.5.0-10) and it comes with a Metroid demo icon

BTW sorry for asking again, but isn't there a way to know which game will ask for a firmware update when used for the first time ? (for example when my 3ds was brand new and I inserted Mario Kart 7, it updated the 3DS)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof