making notes on everything
OP
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Sigh,
You see, I said "Knew". To go with that word, I put will. If I put would, it won't just make sense.
So I said,
I knew DSTWO will break through the update!
You know, nevermind :P

I knew DSTWO would break through the update!
is perfectly acceptable english

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Just a (friendly) clarification for Jiehfeng:
You could say: "I know they will do something", when it hasn't happened yet. that is, you know now, that they will in the future.
Or if it has already happen: "I knew they would do something". It's the past tense of the previous sentence. You did know before, that they would do something in the future, which is now in the past.
"I knew they will.." mixes past and future, and is like saying "I jumped tomorrow", "I skipped school next week". :)

Reactions: Jiehfeng

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Just a (friendly) clarification for Jiehfeng:
You could say: "I know they will do something", when it hasn't happened yet. that is, you know now, that they will in the future.
Or if it has already happen: "I knew they would do something". It's the past tense of the previous sentence. You did know before, that they would do something in the future, which is now in the past.
"I knew they will.." mixes past and future, and is like saying "I jumped tomorrow", "I skipped school next week". :)

Oh shit, now I understand.
Sorry pong :lol:

EDIT: Thankyou english teacher! ^_^

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
R4i Gold Plus (r4ids.com) has been blocked. Can't say I'm surprised, but still wanted to test it. Well, they usually update within a week or so, so it's not that bad.

jellotime91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This probably isn't the right thread to ask this, but I can't seem to find the correct forum. Can anyone direct me to the information on how to upgrade the DSTWO card using only a 3DS on the current firmware?

Can I still use the method where you just wait on the error screen until it updates itself? Also, if not, couldn't someone just copy the installed firmware files and share them online and the rest of us could just paste them onto the microSD? After all, that is how I installed the firmware in the first place.

Pong20302000

OP
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
This probably isn't the right thread to ask this, but I can't seem to find the correct forum. Can anyone direct me to the information on how to upgrade the DSTWO card using only a 3DS on the current firmware?

Can I still use the method where you just wait on the error screen until it updates itself? Also, if not, couldn't someone just copy the installed firmware files and share them online and the rest of us could just paste them onto the microSD? After all, that is how I installed the firmware in the first place.

yes you can use the error method
you install the files onto a chip on the card
the SD has nothing to do with it installing

Pong20302000

OP
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Ohhh thank you, that explains it!

Will I know when it's done? Is it gonna shut itself off or do I just have to wait 5 minutes and shut it off myself?
you have to shut it off yourself after 5 mins
make sure its been 5 mins tho
as if its not and you kill the power, the card may be bricked forever

you sure you also remove the update file from the sd before you switch it back on after, or again you risk bricking it as it will start flashing the card again

jellotime91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you have to shut it off yourself after 5 mins
make sure its been 5 mins tho
as if its not and you kill the power, the card may be bricked forever

you sure you also remove the update file from the sd before you switch it back on after, or again you risk bricking it as it will start flashing the card again

It didn't work. The correct name for the file using this method is "updateb.dat" right?

AACThaKid

Dark Wolf is watching
Trophies
Website
soundclick.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay.............

i have: R4iGold 3DS (r4ids.cn) - Revision C
originally came with the "Dorasu" icon, had to upgrade/update to the "Metroid Prime Hunters" icon

i go to the r4ids.cn site and i see "R4i Gold 3DS supports the 3DS V4.5.0-10 successfully!" and that takes me to this:

So does that mean my Card will work on my 3DS??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yeah agreed