Gaming Firmware Update Compilation thread / List of Flashcards working on 3DS

lumo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
regarding R4i 3ds - works great now. got an e-mail telling me about new firmware this morning, booted it up and upgraded to 1.49b. pretends to be prince caspian and works on my 3.0.0-5e 3DS

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
so with 'Spotpass Mii's' - How do we receive them ??

Do we have to play a [3DS] game online with 'friends' to get them (e.g mario kart),
Have FC in our list & get them if/when they switch on their 3DS the same time as you,
or
Will we just receive a random Mii when walking around & passing any [unlocked] WiFi routers ??
I think people are still trying to figure this out.
Hopefully when those details are confirmed he'll just clarify in the first post, or link to the info.
I've not received the Miis of my distant 3DS friends so far (even when we were online simultaneously), but I dont have any multiplayer games yet to test that first idea of yours. Even though I've definitely enabled Spotpass in Mii Plaza on both of my 3DS units, I'm still only seeing streetpass Miis. I'm sure by the time I notice something different happening, others will have already figured it out and commented about it though.
After playing Mario Kart 7 online i now have loads of Miis in the Plaza (i went from 12 to 75 in one day) but they dont give any help in the Streetpass games or Puzzle Pieces if thats any help
Further info - Done some more googling about this....
Seems like many people are only gettin Spotpass Mii IF they play Mario kart online

If you play Mariokart7 online for a while you will get the opponents you have versed transferred to your Mii Plaza (Not Mii Maker) that is if you have invotations on.
Source:
Wait! What? Spotpass is like when I'm playing Mario Kart 7 and I invite Miis? source
Dam - got to go out & buy that then :(

machmandp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
new update is available on www.r4i-sdhc.com
1.49b includes the firmware update and now my r4 works on the new firmware
changes the title from the japanese game to prince caspian

so all good now
Hm... Mine is still Konami thing and won't boot after update...

EDIT: I notice on the website, it says 3.0.0-5j, but my 3DS is 3.0.0-5u. Does this mean english firmware isn't fixed yet?

if you are still on the konami then you have not updated the firmware just the kernel

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
OP
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
new update is available on www.r4i-sdhc.com
1.49b includes the firmware update and now my r4 works on the new firmware
changes the title from the japanese game to prince caspian

so all good now
Hm... Mine is still Konami thing and won't boot after update...

EDIT: I notice on the website, it says 3.0.0-5j, but my 3DS is 3.0.0-5u. Does this mean english firmware isn't fixed yet?

if you are still on the konami then you have not updated the firmware just the kernel
Please go to "setting/upgrade" to upgrade firmware

says it on front page how to

sorry for red i to lazy to change

Pong20302000

OP
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
r4isdhc.com works with the lastest firmware on the 3DS.

Not working. For me it says that "An error has occurred." and I have to shut down the system.

And there is not update on the page.

thats because you needed to update the flashcard Before the 3DS

you need to download OFFICIAL 1.49b from the cards homepage and apply update on another console not running 3.0.0-5

Evilman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

Not working. For me it says that "An error has occurred." and I have to shut down the system.

you need to download OFFICIAL 1.49b from the cards homepage and apply update on another console not running 3.0.0-5

There is not 1.49b update, the most up-to-date is 1.24. And that's RTS silver version I have.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pong, I was correct yesterday. The R4I-SDHC didn't have an update available til later last night (1.49b) for the 3.0.0-5U firmware. It's weird but after they released the new update their website message changed to "R4I-SDHC 3DS is compatible perfect with 3.0.0-5J firmware." It doesn't matter now though since the update has been released and the card is working great again. :)

Pong20302000

OP
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country

There is not 1.49b update, the most up-to-date is 1.24. And that's RTS silver version I have.

Firmware updates and kernel are 2 different updates

http://tinyurl.com/c9vfm8f

i found it

downlaod and apply and you should be golden

please be more specific on what card you have next time also

sorry im rushing not angry

Evilman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Is there a way to apply it without another console? I don't have any friends around here with 3DS/DS(i) with older firmware.

frenchmaninsd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here is the answer for R4i-Gold from r4i-gold.eu or r4i-gold.com :
"We will release V3.0.05 firmware these days, please pay close attention to the updated information on our website www.r4i-gold.eu"

LugiazSoul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I need some help. My 3ds is on 3.0. I have an r4i 3ds. I get the error message when I start the card up. How would I update it if I cant even get into the card?

BoxmanWTF

♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys I need some help. My 3ds is on 3.0. I have an r4i 3ds. I get the error message when I start the card up. How would I update it if I cant even get into the card?
you can't, you were supposed to update the card before you updated the 3DS.
your only hope is to find a non updated 3ds, or a ds lite/phat

Zurba

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I'm a RTS Lite R4i SDHC Card (www.r4isdhc.com) and have the latest firmware to2.2.0-4, wanted to know if I can upgrade to the 3.0.0-5 and if the card works?! ! I read thatthere were people who update and blocked the card ... Can anyone confirm??

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm a RTS Lite R4i SDHC Card (www.r4isdhc.com) and have the latest firmware to2.2.0-4, wanted to know if I can upgrade to the 3.0.0-5 and if the card works?! ! I read thatthere were people who update and blocked the card ... Can anyone confirm??

Read the first post.

In other words, yes.

Zurba

Trophies
XP
Country

Read the first post.

In other words, yes.
but will you try? because I read in other forums that does not work ... if you say it works, just upgrade to 3.0.0-5??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh boy psi posted a ltt video +1