Katsu78

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
e522dcad24.png

Kana and Shigure's Re-localized S Support. I just have Asugi and Dwyer left for Female Kana. I can probably move the patch out tonight, and get to work on Male Kanna a little at a time over the week.

First off, thanks a lot for the patch. I'd also like to say that your patch (seemingly) works perfectly with the de-localization patch when applied to the US version of the game.

As for the content changes between the NoA version and the original, it appears that most of the supports went mostly untouched, but a bunch of them did get changed a lot. Those include, but are not limited to:

Soleil (basically everything, including the scenes with her and MU)
Elfie/Effie (DUDE PROTEIN instead of girly, gentle giant)
Kanna (the friend zone)
Hisame (pickle man)
Midoriko (likely due to age)
Elise (same as above)
Sakura (personality shift and same as above)
Foleo (made way more bold instead of being timid and insecure)

And a few others I can't remember off the top of my head. I've personally been digging through a lot of the above supports to "retranslate" them, so if you want, I can just drop them here some time.

Like I said, this is only for the platonic S Supports. Anything else is low priority in how I approach it. Most of the complaints for the localization I don't really see as a problem, like Hisame. Elise and Sakura have changed very little between English and Japanese, as well.

Forrest being a mouthpiece bothers me, but it's something that's ingrained to his voice acting as well, same with Effie. Having them sound one way, and then act another way creates a jarring dissonance. I appreciate the assistance, but it wouldn't work. Especially since there's a lot of people that use the dub, and I've come to realize that alienating them won't do any good.

Katsu78

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Version 0.2 is out now! All of Female Kana's S Supports sans Hisame and Percy have been re-localized. Click here or here to download.

EDIT: Mega link added. It's all installed the same way, just overwrite the files and enjoy

Last edited by Katsu78,

Verack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I said, this is only for the platonic S Supports. Anything else is low priority in how I approach it. Most of the complaints for the localization I don't really see as a problem, like Hisame. Elise and Sakura have changed very little between English and Japanese, as well.

Forrest being a mouthpiece bothers me, but it's something that's ingrained to his voice acting as well, same with Effie. Having them sound one way, and then act another way creates a jarring dissonance. I appreciate the assistance, but it wouldn't work. Especially since there's a lot of people that use the dub, and I've come to realize that alienating them won't do any good.

Fair enough. I'll save it for another day/thread. Thanks for the translations though.

I will say however that Hisame is arguably the worst offender of any NoA translation (despite you supposedly seeing no problem with him). He went from a relatively bland "no nonsense" teen to "I never shut up about pickles".

koyuki38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi

I haven't played the game yet but i'm interested in playing hacked/restored game that fits as possible as the original JAP version.
I don't know what are all the changes between US/EUR and JAP version except for 1 support with Soleil, skinship feature (and so) and apparently a lot of changed dialogs

What does mean 'relocalise' support ? Is there some supports conversation missing in US/EUR version, or are they simply different/censored ?
Will you have to (re)write some sentences by yourself (because removed content might has not been translated) ?

How compatible would be your work if we already use some other patches (undub patch for exemple)

Nice work btw.

Last edited by koyuki38,

Katsu78

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi

I haven't played the game yet but i'm interested in playing hacked/restored game that fits as possible as the original JAP version.
I don't know what are all the changes between US/EUR and JAP version except for 1 support with Soleil, skinship feature (and so) and apparently a lot of changed dialogs

What does mean 'relocalise' support ? Is there some supports conversation missing in US/EUR version, or are they simply different/censored ?
Will you have to (re)write some sentences by yourself (because removed content might has not been translated) ?

How compatible would be your work if we already use some other patches (undub patch for exemple)

Nice work btw.

It's been answered in the OP but I'll post again in case it wasn't worded well enough.

"Re-localize" refers to retranslating and reediting supports that were altered to be platonic in the international versions of Fire Emblem Fates. The platonic S Supports involve all of Soleil's, as well as most of Male and Female Kana's S Supports.

And yes, I've been rewriting the supports myself. Some of them are pretty easy, because Treehouse likes to simply leave out any hints of romance, others need to be rewritten from scratch like Soleil and Shigure's S Support.

And my work is compatible with just about every hack. If you're using HANS just overwrite the GameData.bin that's included with this hack with the one included with other hacks like Gay Fates

Reactions: koyuki38

Katsu78

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
022d7d31a6.png

Kana and Midori prototype. Going to change some of Midori's expressions, provided FEITS can stop crashing whenever I put a dollar sign in the wrong place -.-

c80n

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I honestly agree with Sherack about changing the supports and characters the way they were meant to be, instead of just changing the S supports. Although I understand why the S supports are a priority right now, given they changed absolutely EVERYTHING about them; but changing Hisame to Pickleman and Elfie to....that thing, is just completely insulting, and I wish to see that undone given their original characters.
I've been waiting for a delocalization patch myself so I'm thankful for your efforts.

Verack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
changing Hisame to Pickleman and Elfie to....that thing, is just completely insulting, and I wish to see that undone given their original characters.

I'm personally working on Effie and Hisame at the moment, given that Katsu is fixing Soleil and Kanna currently. I'm of the opinion that those listed four are the worst offenders for being changed. Most of the Treehouse translations for supports are pretty in-line with the originals though, so they're of a low priority to me.

However, Katsu brings up a really important point. Even if I do fix Hisame and Effie, they'll both have horribly mismatched voices and voice lines. Effie would still sound gruff and such instead of being "girly, gentle giant", and Hisame would still rant about pickles. You could obviously undub the game, but it would be rather jarring if you didn't.

Katsu78

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
d210fb23e1.png

Kana and Mitama's S Support prototype. Haiku are hard. =\

I have Nina, Velouria, and Rhajat to go and them I'm done with Male Kana for now. After that will be a series of format fixes, edits, rewrites, etc. I'd like for people to take screenshots of the S Supports in game, especially ones where text is running off the textbox, the JP text font and the US/EU text fonts are different widths

Last edited by Katsu78,

Katsu78

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
e0a9a9cfea.png

Version 0.3.1 is out now!

New re-localized S Supports:

• Kana x Midori
  • Kana x Caeldori
  • Kana x Rhajat
  • Kana x Nina
  • Kana x Velouria
  • Kana x Mitama
I've also included something extra in this release: Re-localized endings! Several of the endings in Fates were changed by Treehouse. I decided to re-localize the ones that I saw were changed. There might be more changes, but I'm not sure as I only skmimmed through the Japanese endings. The endings re-localized are:

Felicia
Hinoka
Peri
Female Kana
Midori
Mitama
Selkie
Soleil

If there's a changed ending that needs the re-localization treatment, let me know since I more than likely missed it.

Anyway, with this the project is largely complete. I still need Kana x Sophie and Kana x Hisame to be translated, but even then I still have a lot of formatting work to do. Like I mentioned in the previous post, please post screenshots of S Supports where the text is running off, grammar seems weird, etc. Also for the endings I'd like screens of those, too, since they are untested as of right now.

Anyway, you can download the newest patch here. Note to EU players: Go into the files and change the @E folder to @U if you want it to work with your games.

Sizu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way you can release a version that patches a cia? I'm not really fond of HANS or NTR firmware.

koyuki38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Basically,

the legal way to have a patched CIA :
dump your game
decrypt your dump
Extract your decrypted dump -> you get some folder with all game files
Replace some files by everything you find in the hans patch folder of the patch
rebuild your rom
(not sure if recrypting has to be done)
convert it into CIA

Illegal way : the same except you download the rom instead of working with your own dump

Asia81 did a nice tuto to dump, decryptn extract and rebuild a 3DS game. There is only 1 extra step that is not in the tutorial. The game has to be extracted twice for illuminati and lizard man reason. the 1st extract gives folders and bin files. All folders has to be wiped, then a new extraction has to be performed again of one of the bin files.

Well, i think it works, because that's what i did when i created a patched CIA with japanese voices with my EUR version.

Last edited by koyuki38,

ribbonroad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know the thread says second gen, but did you have any plans on relocalizing the Niles/MCorrin and Rhajat/FCorrin S Supports as well?

D

Deleted User

Hello, sorry if this is a bit late. I'm just here to report a bug I found with the re-localized Asugi x Soleil support. Whenever I'd try to view them, they would immediately get skipped, saying that they've achieved the support level without the conversation. I'm pretty sure it's got something to do with a specific character being unsupported, as I've tried to import the messages into FEITS and it came with that error about unsupported characters. After searching the support chain, I think I found the problem in the C support:
Soleil:
They can't get enough of your chocolates
and suckers—they say they're "divine."

The problem here is the character for the dash used. Because the game doesn't recognize this character, it messes up the rest of the conversation, and skips it as a result. I dunno why it skipped the ENTIRE SUPPORT CHAIN, since when I searched through the B, A, and S supports I ran into no errors. The solution here is to use two normal dashes as replacement for the one problematic dash, as shown in the S support:
Soleil:
...I-is that so? Hehe--I'm happy,too.

That way, you won't run into silly problems like this. Don't worry, it's an easy oversight. That's why you have people like me who are ready to report bugs like these. :P Cheers!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Remember to take your meds like AncientBoi.