Fire Emblem Fates: Re-localized Second Gen S Supports

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Katsu78, May 12, 2016.

1. Katsu78
    OP

Katsu78 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2016
    United States
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Sick of watching your precious son/daughter Kana get friendzoned by the objects of their affections? Tired of Treehouse's inconsistency with Soleil's character? Well this hack is for you!

The Re-localized Second Gen S Supports is exactly what it is: Re-localizing Treehouse's platonic S Supports with a script that is more faithful to the Japanese supports, with all the romance added back in. The goal of this project is to re-localize the supports for Soleil and Male/Female Kana, since they were hit the hardest by Treehouse's 'localization'.

Release:
    You can download the latest release here.

Changelog

How you can help

credits

Last edited by Katsu78, May 25, 2016
    vayanui8 likes this.
  2. GermanTacos

GermanTacos Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2015
    United States
    West Virginia
    Now this is the kind of support hacking we need.

Nightwinter likes this.
  3. XavyrrVaati

XavyrrVaati Hobbyist programmer?

Feb 23, 2014
    United States
    Ooh this is awesome.
    I wouldn't mind helping make a total re localization for the JP version, I'm currently playing the invisible kingdom path and the translation is VERY rough. Even just using Google translate and comparing it to the official localisations, it wouldn't be too difficult for me, it'd take a while though lol.

4. Jiro2

Jiro2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 28, 2011
    United States
    Could this be combined with the expanded same sex marriage patch and the Serene's Forest content restoration patches?

5. Merik2013

Merik2013 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2014
    United States
    Did the team if translation patch not tackle these? I remember them saying they "translated the more controversial supports."

6. Katsu78
    OP

Katsu78 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2016
    United States
    Yes. You can dump the files in the @E folder and place that in the Gay Fates @E folder

They never did.

Tomato Hentai likes this.
  7. Merik2013

Merik2013 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2014
    United States
    Well then, what supports did they do? You might want to take a look at what they did and take care of the ones they've passed over. Now I'm wondering if they even did the Saizo/Belka support.

8. Katsu78
    OP

Katsu78 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2016
    United States
    My goal with this is to re-localize the S Supports of Kana and Soleil since they were affected the most. As far as I've seen, none of the other children have had their S Supports altered, aside from Asugi x Midori which I might do. This isn't a big 'Re-localize everything!' project, so anything additional is incredibly low priority.

9. XavyrrVaati

Feb 23, 2014
    United States
    But it can be, and if it does, then count me in lol.

10. Katsu78
    OP

Katsu78 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2016
    United States
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Kana and Shiro's S Support prototype for Thursday's update.

Had to make this flow off of the A Support which was edited quite a bit by Treehouse. Instead of the princess carry there's the 'bridal train'. I looped it back to the princess carry in the actual S Support, so I think I did good there.

Last edited by Katsu78, May 14, 2016
    XavyrrVaati likes this.
  11. XavyrrVaati

Feb 23, 2014
    United States
    You should give her a surprised face when she realizes he wants her to be his waifu. It looks out of place with an emotionless blush face. /opinion :)

12. Katsu78
    OP

Katsu78 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2016
    United States
    Kana doesn't have a surprised face. She has a neutral face, smiling face, grining face, an afraid face, and a pouty one.

13. Merik2013

Merik2013 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2014
    United States
    I think they wanted you to do sprite work. that's well out of the scope of a patch like this.

14. XavyrrVaati

Feb 23, 2014
    United States
    Ah I was remembering wrong, my bad lol. I must've been thinking of the afraid one:
    Might not fit with the context. Oh well lol.
    Well maybe with the blush added?
    [​IMG]u wot m8?
    Nah, I don't want anything like that lol.

15. Merik2013

Merik2013 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2014
    United States
    His objective is to try and match the japanese release more closely, not to change things willy nilly.

16. RedDragonEmperor

RedDragonEmperor Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2015
    United States
    ♂ Dungeon Master ♂
    Oh good. The other patch looks like its dead and honestly I've lost hoped for that one since they didn't even touch the supports.

17. XavyrrVaati

Feb 23, 2014
    United States
    I understand, I just thought that Kana seemed rather... bland? Her face literally doesn't change through that whole first chunk, and it stuck out to me. Just because the JP version didn't doesn't mean it can't be added. Whether or not the OP agrees or not doesn't matter to me, I figured the thread was for feedback.

18. Merik2013

Merik2013 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2014
    United States
    Honestly, you're probably better off undoing any changes treehouse made to the whole of these support chains and not just the final part of it. That way it will mesh much better with the other translation patch. Also might want to cross reference the way the other patch retranslated their names.

19. Katsu78
    OP

Katsu78 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2016
    United States
    But this isn't made in compatibility with any other translation aside from the localization, so changing names makes no sense. And rewriting all of their support chains is pointless since a majority of them are pretty faithful to the Japanese script up until the S Support. There's just exceptions like the Shiro and Kana supports.

20. Verack

Verack GBAtemp Regular

Nov 11, 2010
    United States
    First off, thanks a lot for the patch. I'd also like to say that your patch (seemingly) works perfectly with the de-localization patch when applied to the US version of the game.

As for the content changes between the NoA version and the original, it appears that most of the supports went mostly untouched, but a bunch of them did get changed a lot. Those include, but are not limited to:

Soleil (basically everything, including the scenes with her and MU)
    Elfie/Effie (DUDE PROTEIN instead of girly, gentle giant)
    Kanna (the friend zone)
    Hisame (pickle man)
    Midoriko (likely due to age)
    Elise (same as above)
    Sakura (personality shift and same as above)
    Foleo (made way more bold instead of being timid and insecure)

And a few others I can't remember off the top of my head. I've personally been digging through a lot of the above supports to "retranslate" them, so if you want, I can just drop them here some time.

Last edited by Verack, May 15, 2016