ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates Expanded Same-Sex Marriage Patch [WIP]

Arnaud04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
See nobody reply my question about JP gamecard compatibility...
i look forward about version progression
...!! he's don't have M!Corrin x Hisame S Support...if only i can have motivation to invent dialog.
i'm unable to make interesing dialog that...*Sh*tpickle !*...sorry

calebbait

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone help me or point me to a tutorial for how to install this on the digital version? My 3DS is all homebrew'd up and stuff using Plailect's guide so I shouldn't have to worry about setting that stuff up.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone help me or point me to a tutorial for how to install this on the digital version? My 3DS is all homebrew'd up and stuff using Plailect's guide so I shouldn't have to worry about setting that stuff up.
If you followed Plailect's guide, use the NTR CFW method, using the files provided and the updated BootNTR and ntr.bin for 11.1.0-34.

meiQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been trying to get the NTR CFW (runing luma 3ds, a9lh on 11.1) method to work on this for my JPN version of the game, however every time I try to go into the game with NTR active the game gets to the load screen, but whenever I choose a save file it fails to load and gives me an error message. This only happens when I go into the game NTR active, so I'm not sure what's up.

Enryx25

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So I've been trying to get the NTR CFW (runing luma 3ds, a9lh on 11.1) method to work on this for my JPN version of the game, however every time I try to go into the game with NTR active the game gets to the load screen, but whenever I choose a save file it fails to load and gives me an error message. This only happens when I go into the game NTR active, so I'm not sure what's up.
Use a blank save slot.

The Iron Rose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Accidentally posted this in the Awakening thread, but I'll repost it here in case anyone can help. I'm having a bit of an issue when combining this hack and the Revelations buff hack. When I combine the two and patch the gamedata.bin.lz via lunarIPS, every time I launch the game I get a crash. I'm using NTR on a9lh on 11.1.

Any advice? Or are the two simply incompatible right now? I imagine due to the IPS patch writing to areas which have been repointed.

bmmboo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone looking for help about the kid workaround not working

Because for some reason some folks have issues with .4.2 (maybe the way their computers handle these files?)

Okay so the only thing I've found to work is this: Use .4.1 GameData and edit the bytes and stuff per instruction. Using Batch77LZ to decompress, AND recompress. You WILL have to replace the 4 bytes towards the end, even using the version of Batch mentioned earlier in the thread.

Basically just following the workaround for 0.4.1 and then replacing the .4.2 GameData file when you're done. Not sure why I can't get FEAT to work (at all?) and the .4.2 GameData straight up doesn't want to work in any way for me (decompressing, editing bytes...). I think I got it to work *once* with Kaden but after that it all went the shape of a pear.

FWIW you can use the .4.1 file without any real issues unless you wanted to reclass someone who was swapped, at least in my experience. So if you want Kaze to end up with huge knockers, go for it, but otherwise put the original .4.2 from your Gay Fates folder back where it was.

meiQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I tested this with my USA Conquest cart and my Awakening cart and both seem to work fine with NTR. I was able to boot normally and go on my merry way being gay. So from this I have to assume that the problem is JPN version. For some reason NTR does just not like the JPN version of the hack. Thankfully I have the roms so I can use the HANS version (fingers crossed hoping that works), but it's still a pain in the butt.

ngagethetaco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no problems running this except the game loads 5x as slow. Loading the game. Loading the assets. Every battle. Everything. It rather makes the game unplayable. Is it my SD card?

thane98

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no problems running this except the game loads 5x as slow. Loading the game. Loading the assets. Every battle. Everything. It rather makes the game unplayable. Is it my SD card?
I don't know about the most recent version, but to my knowledge some of the older versions of the hack used an incorrect form of compression for the hack files, leading to some slowdown in game. That could be what you're dealing with.

ngagethetaco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about the most recent version, but to my knowledge some of the older versions of the hack used an incorrect form of compression for the hack files, leading to some slowdown in game. That could be what you're dealing with.

I'm pretty sure it's the latest release. I cleaned up some files on my SD card and reinstalled the files and it's a bit better. There's still a 2-3 second lag period in between all actions that does not exist in the normal version.

Clouded Sun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure it's the latest release. I cleaned up some files on my SD card and reinstalled the files and it's a bit better. There's still a 2-3 second lag period in between all actions that does not exist in the normal version.
If you have CFW, the best option is the installing the CIA. Runs completely smooth and doesn't take up extra space. Even if you paid for the cartridge I still recommend it.

I have the CIA installed with no lag whatsoever

Reactions: KunoichiZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival