ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates Expanded Same-Sex Marriage Patch [WIP]

Clouded Sun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I have the modded CIA of Fire Emblem Fates installed and would like to have gay children, is it possible that I can use a romfs HANS that has compiled hex edits, save the game after the paralogue is unlocked, then run the original CIA I have installed?

ValiantChan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
If I have the modded CIA of Fire Emblem Fates installed and would like to have gay children, is it possible that I can use a romfs HANS that has compiled hex edits, save the game after the paralogue is unlocked, then run the original CIA I have installed?
It's possible, but may cause the children to not be correctly acknowledged as siblings.

Rion45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I was wondering if we're supposed to keep that long file created after using briandump? Can we remove it after rebuilding the romfs.bin? It's taking a lot of space...

thane98

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I was wondering if we're supposed to keep that long file created after using briandump? Can we remove it after rebuilding the romfs.bin? It's taking a lot of space...
You only need to keep the rebuilt version, you can get rid of the original if you don't plan on modifying anything else.

Rion45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You only need to keep the rebuilt version, you can get rid of the original if you don't plan on modifying anything else.

Great! That was the one part that confused me. I'll keep the file though, just in case. I may edit it for getting the children.

Rion45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a quick correct, 000a0500.romfs should be used for Awakening. The romfs should be the last 8 digits of the title ID. So if you're using Birthright, you'd name it 00179400.romfs.

On no. I got a black screen when selecting >Yes on HANS. I did name it 00179600.romfs since I have Conquest cartridge. Hmm...

Last edited by Rion45,

thane98

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On no. I got a black screen when selecting >Yes on HANS. I did name it 00179600.romfs...
I honestly can't help out much with HANS issues as I use NTR for all of my ROM Hacking needs, but are you using a digital copy of Fates? To my knowledge, HANS has some issues loading digital versions of Fates.

Rion45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly can't help out much with HANS issues as I use NTR for all of my ROM Hacking needs, but are you using a digital copy of Fates? To my knowledge, HANS has some issues loading digital versions of Fates.

Well thanks for all the help! I'll have to figure out what caused this. I might just go through the entire process to make sure.

Rion45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm an idiot. After inputting the name of the Romfs I EXITED THE BUILDER!!!! Major derp on my part. I right now it's saving properly. Lesson learned...

Reddazrael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow. This is fifteen kinds of amazing and I want it.

I do have a question, though. Because -- and please understand that I am a moron -- I have no idea how this magical HANS system works, I have to ask: does this hack alter the cartridge itself, or does it just use the cartridge as a base and you have to load the hack through HANS every time you play, leaving the cartridge itself untouched? I swear I asked Google, but nothing was very clear and I feel much better asking the question flat-out before I do something potentially irreversible. (This is probably the dumbest question anyone has asked in this entire thread.)

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. This is fifteen kinds of amazing and I want it.

I do have a question, though. Because -- and please understand that I am a moron -- I have no idea how this magical HANS system works, I have to ask: does this hack alter the cartridge itself, or does it just use the cartridge as a base and you have to load the hack through HANS every time you play, leaving the cartridge itself untouched? I swear I asked Google, but nothing was very clear and I feel much better asking the question flat-out before I do something potentially irreversible. (This is probably the dumbest question anyone has asked in this entire thread.)
The hack, when launched through HANS, does not alter the cartridge in any way, shape, or form. It will affect your save files, but when you launch the game without the hacks, you won't see any of the support convos, or support options.

Reddazrael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The hack, when launched through HANS, does not alter the cartridge in any way, shape, or form. It will affect your save files, but when you launch the game without the hacks, you won't see any of the support convos, or support options.

Thank you so very much!

windwalker14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might have found out what my problem was, will try the solution after school, but I have a question first. Do we do anything with the exefs folder?

Choromatsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am feeling incredibly dumb right now, but.
I have installed the NTR plugin and I see the green flash when the game boots up. However, hitting Select does ... absolutely nothing. The usual X+Y brings up the default menu there, but nothing about this plugin.

Is there something else I need to do to get it working?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP9YR4BXrzA