ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates Expanded Same-Sex Marriage Patch [WIP]

Clouded Sun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ryoma and Kaze was a much needed support option, tbh. Why does Xander get Kaze? Why does Ryoma get Silas? Leo and Kaze. That's an interesting choice. I can just image the conversations between Camilla and Sakura.

Do anyone know how I can make this into a .cia?
You should after creating the romfs.bin be able to just hit cr to rebuild the .cia. Hasn't worked for me yet, probably because I did something wrong. Might've accidentally decompressed code.bin

Still trying to figure it out though. Let me know if it works.

EvietheShadowless

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there's any way I can help out, whether it's writing supports (I mean, I mostly just want all of them written for my personal use but I don't know how to change that in game), or working with people to get their hacks up and running smoothly, just let me know.

If anyone needs any help with anything, you can pm me if you want or something.

Reactions: Clouded Sun

Clouded Sun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should after creating the romfs.bin be able to just hit cr to rebuild the .cia. Hasn't worked for me yet, probably because I did something wrong. Might've accidentally decompressed code.bin

Still trying to figure it out though. Let me know if it works.
The problem was the decompressed code.bin. I took the .cia again, decrypted and extracted without decompressing code.bin. At first I tried to use HANS (11.1 CFW) and got an error, but it was different from the first one I got. Then I decided to proceed anyway with the new ROMFS, and created the CIA again. Installed and ran FEF and it works completely!

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem was the decompressed code.bin. I took the .cia again, decrypted and extracted without decompressing code.bin. At first I tried to use HANS (11.1 CFW) and got an error, but it was different from the first one I got. Then I decided to proceed anyway with the new ROMFS, and created the CIA again. Installed and ran FEF and it works completely!
Can you PM me the steps you took to make the CIA?

Raito Kurokage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love this so much, thanks for the great work!

Someone mentioned earlier about giving the Amiibo characters personal skills, which I was wondering if something along those lines could be implemented as well.
I'm also curious where the My Castle dialogue for Lucina is sourced. I'm playing Birthright and she mentions Elise

bmmboo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I had another question involving getting the children. I've been trying to follow http://unassumingvenusaur.tumblr.co...o-in-order-to-have-kids-in-the-gay-fates-hack but it doesn't see to work for me at all. Can anyone think of any reason it may not? I've tried about 20 times.
It's really strange. I (somehow???) got it to work ONCE with the latest update, but any time I have tried since I keep getting an error from the Batch program. It says the GameData file is NOT compressed (and therefore won't decompress). I can't seem to work around this. For a test I even compressed the file, and it STILL won't decompress it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

as of the latest update, i can't seem to get the kids workaround functioning. i started fresh and used a fresh braindump file. applied the hack, it works fine.

but when i need to edit the GameData file, BatchLZ77 says the file is NOT compressed. from there i am stalled. i can compress the file, but if i'm starting out with the file ALREADY decompressed (and how is that?) then how am i supposed to edit the bytes in the first place?

the only thing different is that somehow my .bin.lz files are all assigned to HxD and that seems to have messed with their filenames a little bit. (formerly .bin.lz files are now just .bin, and are classified as ".lz" int he file type. i have no clue what this may mean, or if it has any effect.

if anyone has any ideas i'm open.

Peketo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's really strange. I (somehow???) got it to work ONCE with the latest update, but any time I have tried since I keep getting an error from the Batch program. It says the GameData file is NOT compressed (and therefore won't decompress). I can't seem to work around this. For a test I even compressed the file, and it STILL won't decompress it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

as of the latest update, i can't seem to get the kids workaround functioning. i started fresh and used a fresh braindump file. applied the hack, it works fine.

but when i need to edit the GameData file, BatchLZ77 says the file is NOT compressed. from there i am stalled. i can compress the file, but if i'm starting out with the file ALREADY decompressed (and how is that?) then how am i supposed to edit the bytes in the first place?

the only thing different is that somehow my .bin.lz files are all assigned to HxD and that seems to have messed with their filenames a little bit. (formerly .bin.lz files are now just .bin, and are classified as ".lz" int he file type. i have no clue what this may mean, or if it has any effect.

if anyone has any ideas i'm open.
I've had the exact same problem.

Also, if I remove the first four bits as instructed, BatchZ77 says that the files isn't compressed, but if I DON'T remove the bits (if I just use the file right after downloading it), I CAN decompress the file with the program. Problem is, then the offset blocks that UnassumingVenusaur provided can't be used (I checked a few, and at least Ryoma, Rinkah and Xander don't match. Dunno about others, though).

bmmboo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had the exact same problem.

Also, if I remove the first four bits as instructed, BatchZ77 says that the files isn't compressed, but if I DON'T remove the bits (if I just use the file right after downloading it), I CAN decompress the file with the program. Problem is, then the offset blocks that UnassumingVenusaur provided can't be used (I checked a few, and at least Ryoma, Rinkah and Xander don't match. Dunno about others, though).
i had kaden's match up a few times but the game didn't acknowledge the change at all. if you find anything else about this ley me know! i need to check some stuff myself.

Peketo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i had kaden's match up a few times but the game didn't acknowledge the change at all. if you find anything else about this ley me know! i need to check some stuff myself.
Best workaround I found was using version 0.4.1 to get the children, then just putting version 0.4.2 back on the sd card after getting them.

bmmboo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best workaround I found was using version 0.4.1 to get the children, then just putting version 0.4.2 back on the sd card after getting them.
Hey, if you haven't already, try changing BatchLZ77's Options from LZ10 to LZ11. I think that'll work. It decompresses the files for sure, but now I'm going to make sure the bytes and such are good to go. UnassumingVenusaur answered my ask on tumblr. Wish I'd thought to do that.

bmmboo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're having trouble decompressing files, try using FEAT instead of BatchLZ77. I'd also recommend using this version of BatchLZ77 for recompression, as it should stop you from needing to copy/paste the first 4 bytes of a file whenever you recompress it.
FEAT doesn't seem to want to decompress the file either, not sure what's up with that. I'm not sure if it's just something about the GameData file itself, or how my computer is wanting to handle the file, but it's becoming a chore. Batch either works or, more likely, doesn't.

windwalker14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im getting this bar. i do believe i did everything right but its just giving me this;
8Ybug8h.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: what's the fanfic name?