Hacking Finally! No more WBFS drive, partition and managers

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
pedrohell said:
Hi,
I did everything that the guide tells, and when I start the Cfg usb-loader it returns the error: " CUSTOM IOS 222 COULD NOT BE LOADED : -4100".
I have the cIos 249 rev14 installed any ideia where is the problem?
Thanks
The text itself says it all ! Install Hermes Cios 222.

pedrohell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
WalkerOfTheDay said:
pedrohell said:
Hi,
I did everything that the guide tells, and when I start the Cfg usb-loader it returns the error: " CUSTOM IOS 222 COULD NOT BE LOADED : -4100".
Thanks
Thanks,
and sorry for my newbieness, I'm completely scared about bricking my Wii, but I will try what you said.

pedrohell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
pedrohell said:
WalkerOfTheDay said:
pedrohell said:
Hi,
Thanks
Thanks,
and sorry for my newbieness, I'm completely scared about bricking my Wii, but I will try what you said.

After Install Hermes Cios 222, when I start Cfg usb-loader it runs, start checking my usb-hdd and it says "No Games Found" !!!!
How is this possible if I have 2 games there? The loader says the exact size of the partition and even the exact Size of how much used space but no games.
Help me please.

andyselects

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
pedrohell said:
pedrohell said:
WalkerOfTheDay said:
pedrohell said:
Hi,
Thanks
Thanks,

After Install Hermes Cios 222, when I start Cfg usb-loader it runs, start checking my usb-hdd and it says "No Games Found" !!!!
How is this possible if I have 2 games there? The loader says the exact size of the partition and even the exact Size of how much used space but no games.
Help me please.

You might be better off asking on the Config USB Loader thread: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147638&st=4815.

jameswm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
pedrohell said:
Help me please.

"the files must go into X:\wbfs (where X: is the destination drive)." (http://gwht.wikidot.com/wbfs-to-fat-transfer)

r9delta

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pedrohell said:
Help me please.

Do you have them in the /wbfs/ folder on your drive?

pedrohell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
OK guys, a big THANK YOU TO EVERYBODY THAT HELPED ME.
You can call me BIG DUMB ASS, STUPID, I DESERVE IT, I had the games in the root of the partition and not Inside the wbfs folder, Im less than a newbie.
THANK YOU.

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D34DL1N3R said:
3. if i already have a wbfs drive with 150 games on it, what are the advantages of changing?

For one, if you delete a game other than the last one installed on a wbfs partition you lose that space unless you move them all to another drive and then back again. Whereas using fat32 you can simply defrag the partition, consolidate free space, etc,...

Really?

QUOTE4. will sites now start having files as .wbfs so we wont have to convert them?

piracy talk is not allowed here
Don't make me fucking laugh. That's the silliest and dumbest thing I've read around here. If piracy talk wasn't allowed here, they wouldn't have an entire group of forums DEDICATED to the warez scene and their releases. Many mods/admins routinely talk pirate, so please, spare us the nonsense.

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiiwu said:
Converting .iso to .wbfs and back to .iso preserves the real data. So the idea of 1:1 copy of games for all intent and purpose holds true here.

I have used the tool wbfs_file to convert a .iso to .wbfs and this same .wbfs back to .iso, and burnt it to a disc. It works on a Wii with a mod-chip, WiiScrubber and truchasigner recognized it as a valid Wii disc. So this is practically a non-issue.

In fact, with this new development, I'll be deleting my iso files after converting them to .wbfs files.
Define 'real data'. Have you done a binary comparison of an original .iso and one that was converted to .wbfs and back to .iso again using the -1 switch? I tried but I'm getting errors just trying to create the 1:1 .wbfs file.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Skizzo said:
QUOTE said:
4. will sites now start having files as .wbfs so we wont have to convert them?

Don't make me fucking laugh. That's the silliest and dumbest thing I've read around here. If piracy talk wasn't allowed here, they wouldn't have an entire group of forums DEDICATED to the warez scene and their releases. Many mods/admins routinely talk pirate, so please, spare us the nonsense.
Piracy talk is allowed here (just never give links), but this forum isn't dedicated to it

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
You put them in a folder named wbfs on your HDD. Then the loader reads them from there.

When the app gives you your .wbfs files it also spits out a text file telling you (and the loader) which game is which titleid
The text file is only for the end-user, and the loader does nothing with it. They can be removed with no effect on the loader.

And to further answer the original question, the games are stored in the /wbfs folder as their TITLE ID's (for example RSIE69.wbfs, RSIE69wbf1, RSIE69wbf2), which is why the text file was added, to make them easier to read for humans, not the loader.

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D34DL1N3R said:
madeirabhoy said:
D34DL1N3R said:
AllWiidUp said:
D34DL1N3R said:
3. if i already have a wbfs drive with 150 games on it, what are the advantages of changing?

For one, if you delete a game other than the last one installed on a wbfs partition you lose that space unless you move them all to another drive and then back again. Whereas using fat32 you can simply defrag the partition, consolidate free space, etc,...

Where did you get this information? I've noticed this whole thread is dependent on misinformation, by people who don't know.

before the fix that went into 1.4 or was it 1.5 ( in the loader only ) you only lost a block on delete, unless you used the one mod, which marked it deleted and didn't reclaim space until later. wbfs is enitrely better than fat, unless you are unable to use a wbfs manager or the loader itself ( as in not a pirate ).

So you're telling me for instance that if I have a 500GB wbfs formatted drive filled with games and no more room to install more, that I can delete 50 games I no longer want, at random places on the partition, and that I can then safely install 50 new ones to the drive with absolutely no issues to the newly installed games - or to the ones already on the drive?

surely the only problem is a tiny amount of fragmentation if the games were different sized. Since you are unlikely to be in such an extreme situation of having what 300 games and no space, for instance i have 150 games and 100 gig of space, so deleting files will free up space without real problems of fragmentation, surely?

I guess the entire point I was trying to make wasn't in regards to fragmentation, but rather in the inability to consolidate free space on a wbfs partition without transferring everything to a different drive and back again. I've read a lot of instances where deleting a game and then installing another has caused both minor and sever issues.

Plain and simple though... deleting files on a wbfs partition WILL cause you to lose space. Unless of course you find games that exactly match the size of the deleted ones to install in their place - while using FAT32 allows you to consolidate the space after deleting.
You're talking in fucking circles. And unless you can demonstrate otherwise, the only space lost might be the size of a block or two, which would also occur on FAT32. Reliability issues or non-issues aside, you're talking out of your ass, again, when you insist that deleting files on a WBFS partition is any different from deleting them on any other type of FS, especially if the 'entire point you were trying to make wasn't in regards to fragmentation'.

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
Skizzo said:
QUOTE said:

Piracy talk is allowed here (just never give links), but this forum isn't dedicated to it
I said 'an entire group of forums'. I guess I should have said sub-forums, i.e. the WAREZ RELEASES section, which IS dedicated to piracy talk.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Skizzo said:
tj_cool said:
Skizzo said:
QUOTE said:

I said 'an entire group of forums'. I guess I should have said sub-forums, i.e. the WAREZ RELEASES section, which IS dedicated to piracy talk.
who cares?
were gettin off topic
create a new thread if you want to discuss piracy
and how we love it so much.

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
Skizzo said:
tj_cool said:
Skizzo said:
QUOTE said:

who cares?
were gettin off topic
create a new thread if you want to discuss piracy
and how we love it so much.
So you jump into the middle of a discussion not involving you to ask who cares? Maybe the people discussing it?

I'll tell you what I don't care about, and that's your post. So now that the facts have been established, don't reply and let's get back on topic.
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the...