Final Fantasy

LonerGoth

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I liked tactics advanced over ta2, and I liked final fantasy 8, over the rest.
I actually bought 7, 8 and 9, and I loved ta 1, pirated ta2 but never got around to playing it for long.

ta gba had a story in it worth a damn, final fantasy 8 had loads of large scale battles, in the background, 7 and 9 didn't keep my attention I can't remember these two, but I played them for a great deal longer than ta2.

I liked chrono trigger as well....

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I like FF for its stories. It makes me feel like I'm part of the adventure. I think that's what people over-look most, FF games aren't really about gameplay but it's story telling. Sure the voice acting may not be the best (FFX) but if you can just use your imagination it's a lot more enjoyable. It's like reading a really good book but better. The ones I've played are FFVII, VIII and X. Not played the rest, apart from IV and what was it V on DS? I played FFVII again on my psp recently and thoroughly enjoyed it.
smile.gif

MuppetInvasion

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamstruth said:
Ninjin said:
YES! I really am not a fan of the whole JRPG thing. I absolutely HATE Manga/Anime and i think if you do you like men and if you are a women you are prematurely balding
smile.gif

Fair load of insults in there, thanks for alienated a huge part of the internet!!! I have one thing to say about you thinking all guys who like Anime are gay, Hentai. Also, try googling any female Final Fantasy character with the filters off.

I think you just proved my point eh?

canx13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
psycoblaster said:
You can think of Final Fantasy as SE's $1000000 brand name and you won't be too far off.
Slap a Final Fantasy on the cover, add in Fira Thundra and Blizzara and there you go, another "final" fantasy.
I may be a FF fan, but I'm just against SE's marketing strategy :\
uum may i ask if it's thundra or thundara??

maybe its different on other final fantasy games
because it was thundara in ff x and thats the only ff game where i got thundara
biggrin.gif
:D

sorry if you think i'm a nerd or rude but i NEED to KNOW

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
canx13 said:
psycoblaster said:
You can think of Final Fantasy as SE's $1000000 brand name and you won't be too far off.
Slap a Final Fantasy on the cover, add in Fira Thundra and Blizzara and there you go, another "final" fantasy.
I may be a FF fan, but I'm just against SE's marketing strategy :\
uum may i ask if it's thundra or thundara??

maybe its different on other final fantasy games
because it was thundara in ff x and thats the only ff game where i got thundara
biggrin.gif
:D

sorry if you think i'm a nerd or rude but i NEED to KNOW

There is three lightning spells.
Thunder, Thundara and Thundaga
Also Thundaja in FF Tactics

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
naglaro00 said:
TBH non spin-off/non-main series FF without the traditional turnbased/ATB battles are stupid. *ehem XI, XII, XIII*

except VII which is stupid enough. too much hype and fanboys

oh and kiddies, that's an opinion
Well, over the years, the battle system(s) and other familiar RPG elements of the FF series will most likely change over time.

You can't ACTUALLY hate FFVII just because of hype and fanboys, can you?
You don't judge a game on something that isn't directly related to the game itself. That'd be like saying "I don't like Final Fantasy X because my poster of Tidus looks ugly."

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jaems said:
Splych said:
Soo...
FF 1/2 [the GBA one. even though i never got to actually finishing the game... it was very hard], FF 3 [DS one. first DS game i ever got. i only got it because of the FinalFantasy title. then after, i found the game rather amusing, so then i got into it more], FF 4 [the DS one. i never bothered with the GBA one. but another good game. i liked it because it had a strict storyline. nothing to worry about when it comes to classes, but then at least in FF3, you could say you would have more "variety" in terms of combinations for classes and skills], FF Tactics Advance [the GBA one. still searching for it... xD. really good game to me since i am a strategic gamer], FF Tactics A2 [the DS one. i got it for $20 a few days ago. i actually planned on buying this game since it was strategic and a better version of Tactics Advance] and FF XII Revenant Wings [the DS one. Strategy game. 'Nuff Said].

Anyway, those are the only ones i actually liked... Since they were pretty much described there.
Maybe you only like those because you only own a GBA and a DS?
basically... it's sad to be honest. i am planning on buying myself a PSP to expand that FF list :3
and then i will get a PS2 just to try out FF X, FF X-2.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
outgum said:
I love final fantasy 4,5,8,9
Thats it though, i only liked 10 for blitzball XD
FF8 Was definatly the best IMO, Just the storyline, and that epic hard last boss O_O
i rememeber struggling with it years ago, not now XD, i kick ass XD

Squall ftw

Closely followed by FF9
i dont get HOW people can hate it, but i dont critise them for it.
I did like the story and characters of FF8, but to me the gameplay was ruined. The enemies leveled up as you did, so it didn't matter if you were level 1 or 99, when you were in a random fight the enemies were the same level as you. It all depended on what you had stocked for magic. I liked the materia system of FF7 and the story of FF7 much better, but that's just my opinion.

rockmanmegaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
QUOTE said:
I did like the story and characters of FF8, but to me the gameplay was ruined. The enemies leveled up as you did, so it didn't matter if you were level 1 or 99, when you were in a random fight the enemies were the same level as you. It all depended on what you had stocked for magic. I liked the materia system of FF7 and the story of FF7 much better, but that's just my opinion.

I know what you mean i remember leveling up my character so strong, but I just can't seem to beat Ultimecia and then I found out I that the boss level up with me. So I resterted again and try not to gain much level as possible and I end up beaten ultimecia
gbasp.gif

QUOTEYou can't ACTUALLY hate FFVII just because of hype and fanboys, can you?
You don't judge a game on something that isn't directly related to the game itself. That'd be like saying "I don't like Final Fantasy X because my poster of Tidus looks ugly."

I remember playin FF7 it was fun when i played it, but then I got sick of the FF7 series, because Square gave too much attention on it, because of that it made me have a negative feel towards the game.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
I love the FF series in general. The greatest ones for me were the PS1 games of which FFVII is my favourite and FFVIII annoys me. FFVII's character management was so ruddy complicated. You had to draw magic from enemies, points on the map and refine them from items in order to be decent at the game and it just went over my head back then (haven't tried playing it seriously for a while) FFVII was perfect, I liked the setting and characters and would love to see it remade completely for the PSP or PS3 with better graphics (those blocky field graphics are terrible). The magic system was great, leveling up materia was a great way to avoid your party being dessimated by a forced join from a character you hadn't been levelling up so you would just swap all their Materia over and suddenly they're useful (although usually on healing duty)

Also Cloud Strife is bloody awesome!

Danny Tanner

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You know what makes a Final Fantasy game for me? Mechanics that are compelling, but aren't gimmicks. The job system in FFV and the glyph system in FFVI were the only aspects of the FF series that felt rewarding enough to carry on grinding. And for this reason, those are the only two FF games I can really say I liked. Unless we're counting the PSX FF Tactics, which was also very rewarding and entertaining.

To me the stories are kind of half-assed melodrama, there's only so many times you can ride Chocobos and airships with Cid to save the kingdom with crystals. One or two cross-overs is cute, but basing a series on it is pretty weak.

tommyt

Trophies
XP
Country
The only thing I like about FF games is that it different.
But still I do get annoyed by the haters and fanboys.
But thats just me.
nyanya.gif

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
me and FF, dunno what it is but get a new release and i'm like "omg i gotta have it"

and it always ends up the same, an half played/finished game, meh

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
I think the later games (FFX, FFXII & FFXIII) have gotten too big -- too drawn out -- too much levelling up -- and ridiculous battle systems where the player is left to AI rather than manually deciding. (FFXII & FFXIII)

I don't know if I can be bothered with FFXIII considering I didn't finish FFX and FFXII (got quite far though in both).

I have pre-ordered it, but if the battle system is anything to go by from what I've read -- oh well.

I'm currently playing FFIV - The After Years. Classic gameplay and fun (IMO)

FFIX is the last FF I finished (my 2nd favorite -- after FFVI).

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my opinion, I like most of the earlier Final Fantasy games, 1 through 6. Final Fantasy 7 sucked so much ass, I just scream if I see a stupid fanboy of the damn game. Not that I hate the newer games, as I am planning on getting Final Fantasy 13 for the XBOX 360. (I don't have a PS3) I respect Final Fantasy for saving Square (Now Square-Enix) from bankruptcy, but I don't like the massive fanboy-ism it has. It's a nice series, but it really should stop after 13. Just sayin'.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-