RELEASE Final Fantasy VII: A New Threat [Switch Version]

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by cottonMOUSE, Mar 27, 2019.

1. MrEffler22

MrEffler22 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2019
    United States
    Midgar
    No worries I’ll create a thread for Project Omnislash sometime today.

2. badman112

badman112 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 9, 2008

Just a thought since the switch is poratble im sure some of us can help with testing if you tell me where to test i will be more than happy to test.

3. Angelus3K

Angelus3K Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2009
    United States
    Just wanted to say a big thanks to all modders for their hard work!

MrEffler22 likes this.
  4. MrEffler22

MrEffler22 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2019
    United States
    Midgar
    Gans_41 and wakabayashy like this.
  5. technaustin

technaustin Newbie

Newcomer
    May 14, 2019
    United States
    cottonMOUSE, Could I please have a copy of this? Going on a trip with my switch this weekend, and this would make things so much more fun!

6. technaustin

technaustin Newbie

Newcomer
    May 14, 2019
    United States
    Actually,
    I also had the low source points problem on the PC IRO too, had to revert to 1.4. 1.5 Seems to be broken even on PC (unless it's an intended feature).

Last edited by technaustin, May 16, 2019 at 4:51 PM
  7. RAWRzilla22

RAWRzilla22 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2012
    United States
    It's likely that you were not using the correct exe, as this functionality was changed to require the modified exe in that version.

8. technaustin

technaustin Newbie

Newcomer
    May 14, 2019
    United States
    Yeah, I saw that with the installer for PC, but I'm using the IRO. Maybe the IRO that works with 7th Heaven doesn't patch the EXE automatically? I'll take another look at it. Thanks.

9. RAWRzilla22

RAWRzilla22 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2012
    United States
    There are instructions in 7th Heaven to change the EXE your game boots. You need to switch it to FF7_nt.exe or something like that. Sorry you're finding out so late!

10. technaustin

technaustin Newbie

Newcomer
    May 14, 2019
    United States
    I'll try it out. I thought changing the EXE was a no no for 7th heaven IRO versions (particularly if you are using limit break mods or menu overhaul?), so I didn't mess with it. Anyways, I would like to get the new version working. Hopefully its a little more balanced. I'm level 61 already, and dying all the time from bosses. I love the challenge, but I don't like some of the limitations (such as lvl 70 cap, and certain materia changes, I'm a little concerned about for later.) I would really love a basic graphics mod like Chaos Field models+Nino Battle, with the Reasonable Difficulty mod. Hopefully at some point we get a mod manager for switch. I would totally donate some $ to that. Thanks again for the info, I'll probably bring my laptop on the trip for the time being to get all of the mods I want! I'm very excited for this though.

11. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 3, 2018
    United States
    I think right now to play NT 1.5 you have to sub in the included NT .exe, which is in fact going to break Menu overhaul. Personally I used 1.4 on the PC for that reason.

technaustin likes this.
  12. technaustin

technaustin Newbie

Newcomer
    May 14, 2019
    United States
    Ah that's what I thought. Thank you for your upload, it's very close to my PC setup. Will be great for traveling!