RELEASE Final Fantasy VII: A New Threat [Switch Version]

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by cottonMOUSE, Mar 27, 2019.

1. MrEffler22

MrEffler22 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2019
    United States
    Midgar
    In the next week or two. Till then go enjoy the first part and grind up to defeat the Midgar Zolom so when the second part drops you’ll be more than ready to dive back into the main story.

2. jjjexorcist

jjjexorcist Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2019
    Thailand
    How long is your plan from complete this project?

3. MrEffler22

MrEffler22 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2019
    United States
    Midgar
    The project is already complete on PC so all I have to do is size down all assets to work with the Nintendo Switch which is very time consuming. So my release window for this full project as a whole? I’d say about 1-2 months. Maybe 3. I could do it faster but I’m a one man army and not trying to burn myself out sitting in front of a computer doing the same workflow process 6-8hrs straight a day. The past week was like that already just to get the project to where it is now. So I’ll take a couple days off maybe a week then I’ll get back to the grindstone. So everyone should just make a new side save to enjoy what’s out right now and keep your eyes out for the second part update in a week or two. For anyone interested in following this project or any other awesome FF7 Switch projects please feel free to join our discord channel below.

https://discord.gg/Qsskk8r

Last edited by MrEffler22, Apr 17, 2019
  4. uzimakiuchiha

uzimakiuchiha Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2009
    United States
    Do what you do man and thanks for the hard work on behalf of us tempers

jjjexorcist and MrEffler22 like this.
  5. jjjexorcist

jjjexorcist Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2019
    Thailand
    @MrEffler22 This is awesome and thanks for your hard work.

MrEffler22 likes this.
  6. RAWRzilla22

RAWRzilla22 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2012
    United States
    Do you know Photoshop has a batch function? You can resize stuff really quickly if you know how. Or I'll walk you through it :)

7. MrEffler22

MrEffler22 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2019
    United States
    Midgar
    I’m not one to cut corners. I’m going model by model and texture by texture. Some textures when scaled down to the needed size for the Switch messes up the overall UV mapping for some models. So I then have to go and fix those issues that arise. Working with the workflow I’m currently doing will
    Insure that the final project is error free and runs on the Switch the best it can.

eyeliner and jjjexorcist like this.
  8. RAWRzilla22

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2012
    United States
    You're right, things can definitely be lost in resize where UV maps are concerned. Okay, thanks again for all your hard work!

MrEffler22 likes this.
  9. Gans_41

Gans_41 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Could you please check if you have a moment my query last page regarding your mod pack? :P

10. keegokahgo

keegokahgo Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2019
    United States
    I'm still in the middle of testing NT 1.5 with a modified nvmkin23 (only) - do I need to worry about merging any individual mods with my flevel.lgp? I was going to take your pack and overwrite any files with whatever is in my NT 1.5, but I'm still not very savvy as to where textures and such are located.

Kudos for downscaling the ChaOS textures!

11. RAWRzilla22

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2012
    United States
    Yes, it was an update, I posted a small update to it last night as a matter of fact

Gans_41 likes this.
  12. RAWRzilla22

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2012
    United States
    The less you touch flevel.lgp, the better. :) There should not be any mods that require changes to it, other than NT.

13. wakabayashy

wakabayashy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 25, 2014
    France
    France
    thanks to you all for this work

I've a question that someone else already posted but no answer

how we have all to do to add those plugins to french version?

thanks

14. starnes563

starnes563 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2019
    Brazil
    What king of skill someone that want to help must have? because I know too little about programming and that stuff, but I wanna help if I can

15. MrEffler22

MrEffler22 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2019
    United States
    Midgar
    I appreciate the offers for wanting to help but it takes a lot of stuff to get everything right. I'd personally rather just do it myself so i know everything is right. Thank you for the offer though. Also, I've just updated the mod pack and posted the new link on the original post but I'll post it again for you guys here as well. The update on the pack removes the unneeded magic folder i accidentally placed in the pack. When i compiled the pack I had pulled an all nighter working on the project and was half out of it. I also added all HD weapons for all the main characters. I wasn't originally going to port over those because fear of running out of room battle.lgp wise with the Switches Exe cap but i decided it should be fine. Enjoy the project guys.

https://mega.nz/#!bmJAmQjD!xnhi3aBHjbeQW-KePxPXHeIYM8j0FSUKjG93xsVn1p4

Last edited by MrEffler22, Apr 19, 2019
    Angelus3K likes this.
  16. starnes563

starnes563 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2019
    Brazil
    I have a question, i'm really a slow player, but this week we have the holy week holiday in Brazil, which means i'm going to eat chocolate and play a lot, so if I pass the part that you modded in the game, the game will crash or just continue with the vanilla graphics?

17. MrEffler22

MrEffler22 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2019
    United States
    Midgar
    The game will continue like normal just with the vanilla graphics. Then when i drop the next update it will convert those vanilla graphics up to the new point. The process will repeat until the full game is finished. But to answer your question yes you won't have to worry about crashes or any of that jazz. Just some big ol blocky giants wandering around lol.

Last edited by MrEffler22, Apr 18, 2019
  18. starnes563

starnes563 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2019
    Brazil
    the link is down

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

there is any possibility to merge this mod with chaOS? so when the blocky giants appear they dont look so blocky or so giant?

19. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 3, 2018
    United States
    NT has required changes in char.lgp and battle.lgp which cosmetic mods tend to focus on too. If you just replace them you will get freezes. Its kind of a pain to merge because generally NT needs to be the base and then you add the improved graphics files to these archives.

MrEffler22 and starnes563 like this.
  20. MrEffler22

MrEffler22 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2019
    United States
    Midgar
    The link should be working. I just checked them both myself.