ROM Hack RELEASE Final Fantasy IX - Crunched Moguri Mod Field Backgrounds

cowkiller04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Thanks ! I took a screen to show the difference.

can you help? its not working for me.. I copied the 01007EF00B094000 folder to reinx/titles and opened my switch, opened ff9 and restarted and still no change

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Restart Switch, run game.
sorry to keep bothering you.. it seems it didnt work.. i copied it in the folder you said but background still not moded. can you help. :(

maybe I am missing a step?

This is what I did.. I clicked the link you gave.. download the file and extracted. I copied folder: 01007EF00B094000 to Reinx/Titles. I opened switched, opened FF9. I restarted switch and opened FF9 and still same background. Am I supposed to see a version number change? please help me sir.

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This is how it should look like for one of files
Code:
sdcard:/reinx/titles/01007EF00B094000/romfs/Data/StreamingAssets/s1data11.bin
If it's exactly the same, then ReiNX is at fault and I can't help you. I'm using only Atmosphere and SX OS and on both is working.

cowkiller04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
it same, but i just noticed I have another folder "titles". I have two titles folder, one under Reinx and one under Atmosphere. I copied your folder to both "titles" folder. still nothing though. :(

by the way my FF IX is US version 1.0.0 is that an issue?

hello can you help me. I am using Reinx CFW I copied the folder 01007EF00B094000 to "titles" and mod is not working. please help. please

cowkiller04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
FF IX Has only one global release and one version, so region and version are not an issue here.
I am so sad. :(
No way to fix this? I was so excited. I thought this is possible in any CFW. i dont have to do anything in my tinfoil? or other configurations?

Sute-kun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question, as far as I can see you are the only person who has been able to make a working mod for FF9 on the Switch. I was hoping to convert the Alternate Fantasy mod to the Switch, would you be able to help point me in the right direction? I'm afraid I have very little knowledge about this sort of thing.

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have a question, as far as I can see you are the only person who has been able to make a working mod for FF9 on the Switch. I was hoping to convert the Alternate Fantasy mod to the Switch, would you be able to help point me in the right direction? I'm afraid I have very little knowledge about this sort of thing.
I just used my experience in manipulating textures and this mod doesn't need any code editing. Almost every mod on PC version of IX needs dll editing, so I can't help with that.

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Great work!

By the way, with the FF8 released for switch recently, any chance you'll be porting the background mods for that game?
Remastered has entirely different file structure than PSX and original PC release. Until they port to remastered version, I don't have anything to work with.

Reactions: DetonaHard

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Nope. In tool everything looks fine. It maybe can be done by editing block pixel length (now I know more about editing Unity files) and putting original Moguri mod files, but It would need editing manually offsets for every texture file (about 1000).

Last edited by masagrator,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Tonight's nightmare sponsored but G-Fuel! lolo