OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
http://kotaku.com/5132555/you-wont-play-fi...10#viewcomments

Waiting for the latest instalment in the Final Fantasy series? Great! You just keep on waiting, because Square Enix boss Yoichi "Imperial Hot" Wada has said it won't be out in the West until 2010.

Speaking with Reuters, Wada confirms that while the Japanese release of Final Fantasy XIII (which is exclusive to the PS3) will take place in 2009, the Western release - which will appear on both the PS3 and Xbox 360 - won't go down until at least April 2010.

Or, in a way I can put it to maximise disappointment, over a year away.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
You left out the best part:
tongue.gif

ffdelay.jpg

In all seriousness, S-E seems pretty set on releasing their games at the same time worldwide (give or take). So either this won't come to pass, or Japan is getting it in December and we're getting it in January. Which really isn't that big of a deal.

MiloFoxburr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ace Gunman said:
In all seriousness, S-E seems pretty set on releasing their games at the same time worldwide (give or take). So either this won't come to pass, or Japan is getting it in December and we're getting it in January. Which really isn't that big of a deal.

That's not going to happen in this case :/. Since they decided to wait to start the 360 version after the PS3 version is done it's gonna take a few more months before an American and European release happens (Know SE though it'll be 2011 in Europe...)

I reckon April 2010 is a rough estimate and will be more likely December 2010 (Or at least a year after the Japanese release)

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I thought you could play region-free games on 360? I bought FC2 online and that came as NTSC-J rather than PAL and it works fine on my European 360... gah It'll probably be 2011 before this game's out on 360 in the UK anyway!

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MiloFoxburr said:
Ace Gunman said:

That's not going to happen in this case :/. Since they decided to wait to start the 360 version after the PS3 version is done it's gonna take a few more months before an American and European release happens (Know SE though it'll be 2011 in Europe...)

I reckon April 2010 is a rough estimate and will be more likely December 2010 (Or at least a year after the Japanese release)

They said they started working on the 360 version alongside the PS3 version.

QUOTE(ackers @ Jan 20 2009, 06:24 PM)
I thought you could play region-free games on 360? I bought FC2 online and that came as NTSC-J rather than PAL and it works fine on my European 360... gah It'll probably be 2011 before this game's out on 360 in the UK anyway!
I think some games you can. But this game is US-exclusive for the 360. There won't be a 360 version in Japan so we'll still have to wait a year.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, let's see what games come out between the Japanese release of FF13 and the "western" release.
If the 360 version of FF13 has Japanese voice option AND if good games come out in between, I don't mind waiting.
If FF13 is going to have English voice acting like the one in The Last Remnant, I'd rather pay something like 100CAD and import the Japanese version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1