Hacking FE100 Savefile unpacker/packer

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiCrazy said:
here is an experimental version that selectively unpacks banner.bin or individual pgms...

FE100V0.3-ForTesting.rar

Also contains an advanced keygrabber which sends a dol to HBC to collect things that are needed to pack a savegame from your wii.

Instead of old 2 step method (Get stuff from a savefile + Get stuff from xyzzy key dump or nand backup) you can collect all that data from your wii. This feature is alpha so please don't report any bugs I have yet to make changes on this.

Note on the advanced keygrabber,

1. Keygrabber starts a server on your pc on syslog port (544)
2. Sends a keygrabber dol to homebrew channel with the local ip address of your pc as an argument
3. Upon keygrabber dol launched it connects to your pc on port 544
4. Keygrabber sends NG-id, NG-key-id, NG-mac, NG-sig and NG-priv values to the server.

ps: by server I mean your pc, it doesn't send those private data anywhere on internet.

Sounds great and will make things a lot easier/quicker for some people
smile.gif

I read too quick.....

So this will do the banner.bin too....... NICE
biggrin.gif

This make this app compatible with waninkokos SaveGameManager and also the cool mod SaveGameManagerGX....sweet
wink.gif

*EDIT*
Well everything seems to work for me. Grabbing the keys through wifi on Vista (32 bit) etc. You need to allow it through firewall but only took a few seconds
wink.gif

marc_max

Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
It does not work for me. It's giving me a strange error. The error appears on my OS (spanish XP Professional SP3 32bit) language, so I'm going to do a translation.
It's impossible to run this application because its configuration isn't valid. Reinstall the application could solve this.
The old v0.23b works perfectly.

The KeyGrabber runs correctly, but I still haven't tested it.

SmashManiac

Trophies
Website
www.debigare.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, I have a vanilla Wii, and I was wondering if it was possible to make a version of the keygrabber dol to simply display the keys on the screen if no argument is given. I don't want to install BootMii nor the Homebrew Channel to get my keys because they make permanent changes. I just want to run Smash Stack once to get my keys and that's it.
yaywii.gif

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
SmashManiac said:
Hey, I have a vanilla Wii, and I was wondering if it was possible to make a version of the keygrabber dol to simply display the keys on the screen if no argument is given. I don't want to install BootMii nor the Homebrew Channel to get my keys because they make permanent changes. I just want to run Smash Stack once to get my keys and that's it.
yaywii.gif
I think it's enough to run xyzzy 1.1 (google it). You will get the keys without modding your wii.

SmashManiac

Trophies
Website
www.debigare.com
XP
Country
Canada
@FIX94: My Wii has the latest system update, so I don't think xyzzy would work. Also, xyzzy is a cIOS poisoned application, so my Wii would no longer be vanilla after being executed.

@WiiCrazy: DVDX is dead. With the latest HackMii installer (release notes here), Team Twiizers simply set the HW_AHBPROT flags to enable direct access to hardware directly in the Homebrew Channel. Can't you do the same in Keygrabber.dol?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
SmashManiac said:
@FIX94: My Wii has the latest system update, so I don't think xyzzy would work. Also, xyzzy is a cIOS poisoned application, so my Wii would no longer be vanilla after being executed.

@WiiCrazy: DVDX is dead. With the latest HackMii installer (release notes here), Team Twiizers simply set the HW_AHBPROT flags to enable direct access to hardware directly in the Homebrew Channel. Can't you do the same in Keygrabber.dol?
Run the old hackmii installer 0.6, install the old homebrew channel and DVDx and exit, this will directly start the old homebrew channel, because it will be only deleted if you run the system menu again. Send the keygrabber.dol and you will get the keys, DVDx will be also deleted if you run the system menu again
yaywii.gif

kanoeyes

Trophies
XP
Country
this FE100 do not work in monster hunter savefile , see it from your self:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FW1X56NR

There is everything including a video showing everything i´ve tried, if could someone review that two save files and convert it to me to use on game save manager gx , thanks for everyone to try it...

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
@SmashManiac : Afaik there is no way to remove the mem protections in place using only ppc code (smashstack exploit) unless you have an ios exploit going on there... no, it will simply not work...

@kanoeyes : 42.8mb savefile?
two problems..
1. Your savefile doesn't have wifi content in it... not that FE100 can't extract it...
2. Savegame Manager compatible saves can only be unpacked with the latest test version... see Slimm's entry on top... (new test version can unpack banner.bin instead of individual pgm images and a title file)

marc_max

Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
marc_max said:
It does not work for me. It's giving me a strange error. The error appears on my OS (spanish XP Professional SP3 32bit) language, so I'm going to do a translation.
It's impossible to run this application because its configuration isn't valid. Reinstall the application could solve this.

I tried everything: updating libeay32.dll to the last version, getting the keys again... And still the same error.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
marc_max said:
marc_max said:

I tried everything: updating libeay32.dll to the last version, getting the keys again... And still the same error.

Hmm, well there is no changes regarding dependencies in the latest version actually. Do you have VC++2008 redistributables installed?

Opening the exe with dependency walker may help if there is some missing dlls...

marc_max

Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
WiiCrazy said:
marc_max said:
marc_max said:

Hmm, well there is no changes regarding dependencies in the latest version actually. Do you have VC++2008 redistributables installed?

Opening the exe with dependency walker may help if there is some missing dlls...
I tried dependency walker and it seems that I'm missing the following files:
MSVCM90.DLL
MSVCM90D.DLL
MSVCR90D.DLL
IESHIMS.DLL
WER.DLL
NCRYPT.DLL
BCRYPT.DLL
I have VC++2008 redistributables installed, and as I said, the old FE100 0.23b works perfectly.

EDIT: I have installed all the modules I was missing, but still the same error.
Dependecy walker shows this:
Error: The Side-by-Side configuration information for "d:\fe100v03fortesting\FE100.EXE" contains errors. No se pudo iniciar la aplicacin porque su configuracin es incorrecta. Reinstalar la aplicacin puede solucionar el problema (14001).
Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module.

I must say that I found easily all DLLs except MSVCM90D.DLL that I found in a strange website (maybe it's corrupt or something).
I'll try to install the missing files later. Thank you for your suggestion, I didn't know Depency Walker.

EDIT2: I opened the old 0.23b with Dependency Walker and it also misses IESHIMS.DLL and WER.DLL but it works perfectly.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Does anybody here know much about savefile icon animations?

I have read that there is something in the banner.bin that controls them, but does anybody know exactly which byte(s), and what value(s) this part has to be?

SmashManiac

Trophies
Website
www.debigare.com
XP
Country
Canada
WiiCrazy said:
@SmashManiac : Afaik there is no way to remove the mem protections in place using only ppc code (smashstack exploit) unless you have an ios exploit going on there... no, it will simply not work...

Aw that's too bad.
frown.gif
Thanks for the info though.

Guess I'll have to find somebody with a hacked USA Wii willing to give me his keys if I want to keep my Wii in an unhacked state while still being able to hack my save games...

smokermonk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hey guys, maybe the answer is written somewhere in this thread, then im sorry fpr asking the question.

i used the FE100 v0.23 for months on my xp computer, now after a few weeks of none using it, it doesent start and gives me this error: It's impossible to run this application because its configuration isn't valid. Reinstall the application could solve this.

do i have to install extra programms or something?

marc_max

Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
smokermonk said:
hey guys, maybe the answer is written somewhere in this thread, then im sorry fpr asking the question.

i used the FE100 v0.23 for months on my xp computer, now after a few weeks of none using it, it doesent start and gives me this error: It's impossible to run this application because its configuration isn't valid. Reinstall the application could solve this.

do i have to install extra programms or something?
That's exactly the same error I got. But 0.23 works fine for me, I'm having the problem with the last beta version posted here.

smokermonk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@marc_max: FE100 v0.23b doesent work for me, thats right. where can i get FE100 v0.23? can you send me that, so i can test it out?

marc_max

Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
smokermonk said:
@marc_max: FE100 v0.23b doesent work for me, thats right. where can i get FE100 v0.23? can you send me that, so i can test it out?
I didn't explain well, sorry.
Both 0.23 and 0.23b work perfectly for me. 0.3 gives me the same error you get with 0.23b.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Well I've just installed it to my bare win xp virtual machine... it did get the configuration error, then downloaded vc2008 redistributable package from below and installed, then it's working...

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

It seems a problem with Redistributable package with a specific system/service pack...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (not my chat status, my actual forum title, such as "Well-known user")