Tanooki16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, here is
Kgq1lCW.png

FCEUX TX (NES emulator for Wii/GameCube) is a Fork based on original FCE Ultra GX by Tantric: https://github.com/dborth/fceugx

Important, there have been many changes, so it is strongly recommended to reset the settings.

What's new in update:

---FCEUX TX 1.1.7---
---January 15 2023---

- Updated to the latest FCEUX (git 4dd8943)
- Updated to the latest FCE Ultra GX (git 145490b)
- Added option to turn on/off NTSC color (only for NTSC games with default color palette)
- Added automatic swapping of de-emphasis bits color based on PAL or NTSC region
- Added automatic use of default color palette with VS games (other palettes are not supported)
- Added progressive PAL video mode (576p)
- Removed Triangle/Square 1/Square 2/Noise/PCM volume settings (keep sound volume setting)
Too messy and requires high sound quality (restored low sound quality by default)
- Fixed clicking with a gamepad on the Game Genie button (thanks InfiniteBlue!)
- Reorganized menu options
- Renamed turbo mode option to "fast forward" (turbo mode name is reminiscent of auto fire)
- Removed catalan and updated all other language files
- Fixed sound effects volume setting and replace enter.ogg audio file
- Updated UI PNG images
- Added DualShock 3 (wired) support based on SickSaxis lib by xerpi (thanks niuus and JabuPL!)
How to use:
1. Start up FCEUX TX
2. Start a game with your Wiimote/GC Controller/etc
3. Press the PS button on your DualShock 3 and connect it to your Wii with a USB cable
4. It should connect, one led on the controller should light up
5. Done, you can play now on a DualShock 3 Controller

(To see the other changes, read README file)

Screenshots:
iMoRtAG.png

CRKfEhA.png

y7NOtjV.png

Forwarder Channel:
nxZ77dC.png

For Snes9x TX it's here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/snes9xgx-mushroom.558500/

PS:
I attach others archives in the second post, it is to use a MadCatz Fightstick instead of the XBOX360 controller, sound file for the menu, and compiled GameCube version.

Have fun ;)

Attachments

• FCEUXTX-Channel-1.5.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 215
  • FCEUXTX-1.1.7-Wii.zip
    7.2 MB · Views: 130
Last edited by Tanooki16,

Tanooki16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Attachments

• NES-Classic-Sound-Theme.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 138
  • FCEUXTX-1.1.7-MADCATZ-Fightstick-360.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 60
  • FCEUXTX-1.1.7-GameCube.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 64

Flo_o

Trophies
XP
Country
@Tanooki16 Hi Tanooki, it's me, Flo. Got in a very hectic flow the last couple of months so my wii activity was a bit inactive. Hope everything is going well with you. Just saw your awesome new project(s), awesome! Love that you are still going strong and constantly improve FCEUGX! Love the new theme too! Do you have more ideas to further improve FCEUGX? Just curious, would it be also possible to skin FCEUGX with my own USB Loader GX theme? Also, i got this 8Bitdo controller, the NES30. With a particular firmware version, it acts like a wiimote. But it is a shame that the L and R buttons are not working. I see that you made the xbox360 controller compatible, do you think it's possible to add full compatibility for 8Bitdo controllers too? Keep up the awesome work!

Reactions: BlazeMasterBM

mustangemu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, all the games i have tried flicker a black screen while im playing every once in a while. Is there a fix for this? i tried the sprite limit on and off and i still get the same thing. Thanks I was using
FCEUGX-1UP-1.0.7-Beta-03-01
adventure island was one of the games i tested.

Tanooki16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi Flo_o, for improvements, I work on a sound menu, and the possibility of using themes (I will adapt your theme with pleasure ;) )
For the 8bitdo controller, you're lucky because I own it too, so I'm going to fix it ^^

@mustangemu: Weird because I always check my work (240p on my crt, 480i on my lcd), and it never happened, check your connections well.

Other than that, the new update has arrived :)

sindrik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Flo_o, for improvements, I work on a sound menu, and the possibility of using themes (I will adapt your theme with pleasure ;) )
For the 8bitdo controller, you're lucky because I own it too, so I'm going to fix it ^^

@mustangemu: Weird because I always check my work (240p on my crt, 480i on my lcd), and it never happened, check your connections well.

bloody sincere question: is there really a point to this? from what i have seen, not only u blatanly copied the colours of the other rx emulator and changed 1 letter, also imitating the themes concept, but you are also doing an exact copy of gx and not even contributing code upstream. but why??

Tanooki16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
bloody sincere question: is there really a point to this? from what i have seen, not only u blatanly copied the colours of the other rx emulator and changed 1 letter, also imitating the themes concept, but you are also doing an exact copy of gx and not even contributing code upstream. but why??

hello i will answer you:

1/ I have been working on this mod for several years, and my user interface is different from that of the RX (3D effects, new icons, different colors).
In addition that it is for GX and RX the PAL resolution is not good, the sound in PAL mode has crackles, and the heart of the emulator has not been updated for a long time. All this required a lot of work !

2/ Concerning the code, know already that I gave for niuus all that is necessary to repair the PAL for its FCEU RX, but also two UI in the colors of the RX for some time, and that it did not always been used ^^
VAcCu64.png

0xTuoHx.png

In addition the code is still in my archives, and it is very easy for niuus or tantric to know what has been done.

So use the version of your choice, but don't come and spit on my work, thanks.

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
2/ Concerning the code, know already that I gave for niuus all that is necessary to repair the PAL for its FCEU RX, but also two UI in the colors of the RX for some time, and that it did not always been used ^^
VAcCu64.png

0xTuoHx.png

In addition the code is still in my archives, and it is very easy for niuus or tantric to know what has been done.

Hey, pal! I've seen you mention me a lot of times in your threads, which can be confusing for newcomers, and to be honest i would really like it if you do not use RX as an example for your "mods" over and over.

Again, don't take it the wrong way but i don't use them because i do not like your way of combining colors or those pseudo 3D effects.

In addition that it is for GX and RX the PAL resolution is not good, the sound in PAL mode has crackles, and the heart of the emulator has not been updated for a long time. All this required a lot of work !
As a matter of fact, and i already reported you this bug already months ago, you most recent code made PAL games a mess in certain situations. You told me that it wasn't the case, so, there's nothing else to do. I don't necessarily want to update to a code that it is not 100% working.

Anyway, good luck with FCEU-1Up!

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
@RunningSnakes: Because it's easier to demolish than to build ^^

Thank you glad you like the forwarder :)

@niuus: For PAL to work well, guess what ? You just need a compatible TV.
1fI87jU.jpg
LMAO. Come on dude, i already use a multi-norm Sony PVM (besides owning an NTSC CRT and a separate PAL CRT), don't lecture me about video signals, i work with this stuff outside of gaming. :rofl2:

PAL already worked fine, and your build broke it. I don't mind if you like it that way, i stopped using them and moved to original GX. Carry on!

Last edited by niuus,

Tanooki16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Like other 3rd generation consoles, all NES games are displayed in 240p (NTSC) or 288p (PAL).

conclusion in PAL the NES cannot be in 240p, sir I know everything better than the others.

Strangely, it works very well for me and my friends, and I haven't had any member comments here.

There is only you, strange ^^

Anyway, I lost my father 1 year ago, I took the covid19 in the face, so the last thing I want is to fight with an you,
so we stop here

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
conclusion in PAL the NES cannot be in 240p, sir I know everything better than the others.
You said it yourself: In PAL. Not in NTSC.

Anyway, I lost my father 1 year ago, I took the covid19 in the face, so the last thing I want is to fight with an you,
so we stop here
The great mistake you are making is assuming "a fight" over some mild messages, which makes no sense to me, it seemed then and now that you were offended by a bug in the emulator (?), which in that case you should just ignore it, it is not like the end of the world is gonna happen if you do not address it. But i can understand if you are sensitive because life happens. Anyway, good luck, pal!

Flo_o

Trophies
XP
Country

Hi Tanooki, missed out gbatemp for while so missed out all your awesome updates, great job! Hope you're doing well my friend and keep your distance, it's a strange world nowadays. Good to hear that you have the 8bitdo controller also ;) It's a great controller, a shame that 8bitdo abandoned the support for it (also, it's a pain in the *** to find the old firmware for it and that only firmware version 2.69 is working with the Wii). Got the SF30 Pro Gamepad too, i love this one even more because of the rubber swaps you can do with this controller (i'm not a big fan of 8bitdo's button rubbers, they are very clicky, just a preference). The layout and button rubbers are almost identical if you compare them with original snes rubbers, so swapping out the 8bitdo one's with original snes controller rubbers really gives that authentic feel. Only bummer is that the Wii does not connect with this controller.

As for the theme, thanks man that you can realize this, you can find my theme here

Is it possible to send all the elements in png like backgrounds an stuff that are used for the snes and fceu? If i have that i can make templates and custom icons for you :)

Keep up the awesome work!

MoneyMikeAZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated to this release but am having an issue displaying cover art.
png files are named exactly as ROMs, I changed the path to the 2d folder with no luck (also tried copying .png files directly to the covers folder with no luck)

all was working correctly before with fceugx

any ideas?

infinitysend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same issue with the emulator displaying cover art. All my image files are named exactly the same as my ROMs but they don't display. Directory setup is correct too. What am I doing wrong? Is there a dimension limit to each image? Is there a filetype restriction? If so, what are they?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1