OP Tanooki16 GBAtemp Regular

France
  2. johw

johw Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
  3. Flo_o

Flo_o GBAtemp Regular

Hi @Tanooki16 , hope you are doing well. Awesome to see your fresh TX update. Can't wait to try it out! :D

4. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Cyprus
    is anyone else confused by @niuus 's & @Tanooki16 's disagreement. TBH I would love it one of you (or anyone) could explain the differences between GX, RX and TX. I don't know why the conversation stopped, seemed like a misunderstanding and that both ppl were reasonable and it wasn't going to lead to a "fight".

I'm usually not one to try and bring people back to a discussion where they've both already agreed to disagree, but clearly you are both very knowledgeable in this area and I'm sure a common ground\understanding could be reached... and in so doing the community would also have a better understanding of the differences, and who knows maybe this will lead to improvements to one or more flavours of GX\RX\TX.

feel free to ignore, last thing I want is to add flame to the fire, but these were my 2 cents and I gave them :)

Thanks to both of you for your efforts! People forget how much time and effort gets put into these FREE projects. Regardless of how great or not great it is, I applaud the effort, and I think the results of all 3 flavours speak for themselves :)

5. XFlak

Cyprus
    Also, should this app be called FCEUTX (or FCE Ultra TX) instead of FCEUXTX? This would make it more consistent with GX (and RX). Not a big deal, but thought I'd mention it

6. Tanooki16

France
    Hi XFlak, for the difference of FCEUX TX with GX: the IU has been redone (I wanted it to be close enough aesthetically from Genplus GX).

And the core of emulator has been completely updated with the latest version of FCEUX (+ various modification and corrections).

That's why FCEUX TX name, because at the time or FCE Ultra GX came out, it was based on FCE Ultra, TX is based on FCEUX.

If I call it FCEU TX, it's like Tantric had naming Snes9x GX "Snes9 GX" :P

For niuus, I did not understand, I wanted to give him a hand, and I was entitled to contempt in return... but if he wants I'm ok to bury the battle Axe ;)

But even without that he can if he wants to take whatever code he wants because it belongs to the whole community (and as far as I know niuus is one of them).

For the thanks it's true that it's always nice, so I take this opportunity to thank you for ModMii ^^

Otherwise the alternative Forwarder Channels update to 1.2 (a big thanks to Flo_o)

7. danny19901

danny19901 GBAtemp Fan

I made the Wii U inject and here's the banner I made for it thank you @Tanooki16
    For letting me do it and providing me with the LOGO's great work and Wii U Gamepad works a dream with a bit of Config effort I found the config setup to be a bit odd but hey works great[​IMG]

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk

BlazeMasterBM, Tanooki16 and XFlak like this.
  8. nashismo

nashismo GBAtemp Fan

Chile
    Didn't know this existed!! And it is completely updated with the latest FCEUX! I was looking for cover mods and I found this gem, also I had a Famiclone when I was a kid so the "swap duty cycles" options sounds pretty nice to me. Thank you friend.

Last edited by nashismo, Mar 25, 2021
    BlazeMasterBM and Tanooki16 like this.
  9. _47iscool

_47iscool レトロ ゲーマー

United States
    Can we get a GC port of those?

BlazeMasterBM likes this.
  10. Tanooki16

France
    Updated to 1.1.0

@danny19901: Nice work, a big thank you to you, i put it in second post with a link to your topic ;)

@nashismo: Thanks ^^ See the topics from time to time because FCEUX TX and SNES9X TX are improving with time

@_47iscool: Of course, it's on first page.

11. danny19901

danny19901 GBAtemp Fan

Cheers mate and no worries great work and keep it up

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk

Tanooki16 and BlazeMasterBM like this.
  12. nashismo

nashismo GBAtemp Fan

Chile
    Tanooki I tell you one thing, I don't know if it's your doing or not, but this version of FCEU runs significantly less laggy than any other NES emulator on the Wii.

I haven't done thorough testing, but everytime I start using this emu, is like playing on a real NES!! The only problem I find is that this emulator (not your fault) does not have accurate sound.

If you could somehow make a Nestopia port for Wii, that would be incredible, as that emulator has very accurate sound emulation. I know you can use the Retroarch version for the Wii, but Retroarch is always laggy.

In summary it would be ideal to have a Nestopia standalone Wii port, I am just putting it out there, as you seem to be the master in these things.

13. _47iscool

_47iscool レトロ ゲーマー

United States
    @Tanooki16 Thank you. Much appreciated.

I have a question. I'm not sure if you are taking requests, and I have tried on normal GX ports maintained by dborth but can't create pull requests.

Is it possible add the scale2x and hq2x filters? I noticed snes9xgx has it, but not fceugx.

Last edited by _47iscool, Mar 28, 2021
    Tanooki16 and BlazeMasterBM like this.
  14. rogerioronin

rogerioronin Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Does version 1.1.0 not work cheats?

Idrolitina and BlazeMasterBM like this.
  15. _47iscool

_47iscool レトロ ゲーマー

United States
    removed, wrong thread.

Last edited by _47iscool, Mar 31, 2021
    BlazeMasterBM likes this.
  16. BlazeMasterBM

BlazeMasterBM Emo Shadow

United States
    Awesome work, just when I thought FCEUGX couldn't get better! Question: What is the alternate forwarder channel for? (In what situations is it necessary? Or is it just optional?)

17. XFlak

Cyprus
    Optional I expect, just in case you prefer the look of one over the other

Tanooki16 likes this.
  18. RunningSnakes

RunningSnakes GBAtemp Fan

United States
    @rogerioronin
    Cheats are working for me. I just tested a few games with no problems.

@Tanooki16
    I have request for your next release if you don't mind and can find the time. FirebrandX released his Magnum palette, and it is (IMO) the very best. Hopefully it can be included next release, as FBX himself says, the only 3 palettes worthy...

1. Magnum (FBX)
    2. Wavebeam
    3. PC-10

Last edited by RunningSnakes, Apr 13, 2021
    Tanooki16 and rogerioronin like this.
  19. Tanooki16

France
    Update to 1.1.1 on the first page

@nashismo: I think this is due to the updates of FCEUX, the new sound settings, and the removal of some optional features.
    For Nestopia it would require too much work on my part ^^ in addition, I like the compatibility of FCEUX and the emulator is very satisfactory (except for the FDS for the instent ^^)

@_47iscool: Tantric already tried a few years ago and it didn't work, the same for me (but I persist ^^)

@rogerioronin: The cheats work fine, you just need the name of the file to be the same as that of the rom ;)

@RunningSnakes: It's put in v1.1.1 ;) but also:
    Both palettes render beautifully, but I still have a preference for Sony CXA2025AS US ^^

20. RunningSnakes

RunningSnakes GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Very cool @Tanooki16

Ill test very soon. Thank you for adding to this great project.

Edit:
    Im using digital display and Smootz does look nice. I do have 2 CRT (1 recently acquired) but have yet to set up the Wii on them. The Sony CXA along with Wavebeam and Magnum shine above all imo. You have the palettes covered as far as im concerned, but that Wii VC palette (what was nintendo thinking) is plain horrible. Just thought id share my 2 cents, thanks again.

Last edited by RunningSnakes, Apr 14, 2021
    Tanooki16 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - FCEUGX,