Homebrew FCE Ultra GX Mod [Preview + WiiUPro + ScreenShot button]

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
so long as its an advanced options and doesnt interfere with people who appreciate the ease of use right now, I dont mind - keep the default settings as they are, is what Im saying, but within options you can whatever (it will probably take a lot of oversight and testing to get such a thing right)
Previous functional versions won't disappear overnight because of any changes that he implements. I stayed in 3.3.6, beta testing until 3.3.8 matured into a perfect release. No big deal for me.

but also I want to get back to focusing on the snes emulator and would like things to be wrapped up here in many ways

the zapper controls could use some fixes, but then the snes peripherals could too (which can be like zapper), and the snes branch is sort of lagging behind
Again, it is up to him and his interests. Laggin' or not, anyone can make it happen first if they are so inclined, and obviously no developer is obligated to finish every single feature request.

Reactions: Zopenko and sindrik

stealth_gerbil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want feature requests to be feature requests - not, lets re-write entire portions of the emulator that are mostly fine anyway

this is why I was nervous about the save deletion thing, because its not obvious the way to implement it, which is organic for the emulator, and so its not as simple as it seems

lets fix up the nes emulator, maybe throw in some superficial things (like graphic filters, or framerate counter), and then move on and make the other gx emulators parallel each other - the gba is still a big one out there

I dont want to go nuts, I just want a competent set of emulators for the wii, which I feel is still not quite there yet

also I dont mean any disrespect to zopenko, I understand this is his own time (along with other contributors), but Id rather focus on big picture here - so everyone remains motivated, and so the general people can appreciate these things

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
I dont want to go nuts, I just want a competent set of emulators for the wii, which I feel is still not quite there yet

Try Retroarch for Wii instead. There is a much more stable version right now, Nestopia is the perfect and accurate choice for NES emulation, latest commits are more versatil than ever. FCEU GX is a great emulator too, I still use it for zapper games.

stealth_gerbil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try Retroarch for Wii instead. There is a much more stable version right now, Nestopia is the perfect and accurate choice for NES emulation, latest commits are more versatil than ever. FCEU GX is a great emulator too, I still use it for zapper games.

yes but it doesnt have the same graphical interface and these gx emulators could be more

I think theres great potential with the stand alone emulators, but we should keep the eye on the ball, and I think people will appreciate these emulators more when they become more functional, rather than dismiss them right now - thats why I am invested in this

basically lets not get lost in convoluted tangents, and understand the greater mission statement here - which isnt to re-write the emulators, but simply fix up and add a few this and that, and package them in a good way

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
yes but it doesnt have the same graphical interface and these gx emulators could be more

I think theres great potential with the stand alone emulators, but we should keep the eye on the ball, and I think people will appreciate these emulators more when they become more functional, rather than dismiss them right now - thats why I am invested in this

basically lets not get lost in convoluted tangents, and understand the greater mission statement here - which isnt to re-write the emulators, but simply fix up and add a few this and that, and package them in a good way
They run more than perfect, and are nearly perfect and functional. The best way for you to keep an eye on the ball and to get invested in the emulator is to code and contribute the changes you'd like. You are already dismissing them by saying they are "not quite there yet", which really doesn't talk nice about the effort being put here, and the ambitions from the new programmers to learn and implement new things. If this emulators were made by thinking that nothing should be touched once written, we would still be sitting in the old FCEUGX based on r2818, instead of the release 2951 (this brave move its courtesy of emu_kidid), where compatibility was gained with many new games. The list goes on.

As zerofalcon said, use Retroarch Wii and just game on.

soniccomcisbr

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

I'm surprised that they don't added your mod and your extra cores in the main project

stealth_gerbil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They run more than perfect, and are nearly perfect and functional. The best way for you to keep an eye on the ball and to get invested in the emulator is to code and contribute the changes you'd like. You are already dismissing them by saying they are "not quite there yet", which really doesn't talk nice about the effort being put here, and the ambitions from the new programmers to learn and implement new things. If this emulators were made by thinking that nothing should be touched once written, we would still be sitting in the old FCEUGX based on r2818, instead of the release 2951 (this brave move its courtesy of emu_kidid), where compatibility was gained with many new games. The list goes on.

As zerofalcon said, use Retroarch Wii and just game on.

I dont mean to be dismissive, but the zapper controls really need a serious looking into (same with peripherals for other systems), and there are some issues still, and those are gradually being addressed, and Im thankful for that - precisely because I dont know how to code, I can only test and tell people my experience as a user

of course theres been GREAT progress, but there could still be some tweaks done - I dont want complete overhauls, Im asking light touches here and there, to make it so the public can use these emulators comfortably - and thats why I say lets look at the big picture, and try to explain what I think that means

and I do use retroarch, aswell as wiimednafen - I just want this project to do well too, and if youre happy with the how many things are, then thats fine and I hope you enjoy them - Im just trying to look at this from a broader scope, thats all

basically I dont want to see things get too bogged down, and want there to be movement and progress - that might come off as unappreciative (I hope it doesnt, because I do appreciate these things), but I want to see this project to succeed and be popular, for a large amount of people

Last edited by stealth_gerbil,

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I dont mean to be dismissive, but the zapper controls really need a serious looking into (same with peripherals for other systems), and there are some issues still, and those are gradually being addressed, and Im thankful for that - precisely because I dont know how to code, I can only test and tell people my experience as a user

of course theres been GREAT progress, but there could still be some tweaks done - I dont want complete overhauls, Im asking light touches here and there, to make it so the public can use these emulators comfortably - and thats why I say lets look at the big picture, and try to explain what I think that means

and I do use retroarch, aswell as wiimednafen - I just want this project to do well too, and if youre happy with the how many things are, then thats fine and I hope you enjoy them - Im just trying to look at this from a broader scope, thats all

basically I dont want to see things get too bogged down, and want there to be movement and progress - that might come off as unappreciative (I hope it doesnt, because I do appreciate these things), but I want to see this project to succeed and be popular, for a large amount of people
Then don't worry, as things will move along, those are minor details. Patience is the key. This emulators were completely abandoned for years, nobody did anything... some months ago, who could have thought they could be refined and polished again? We even have the gift of 99% perfect GBA emulation in the console that nobody thought it was possible!

Last edited by niuus,

stealth_gerbil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah mgba is pretty awesome, and maybe when nes and snes get tidied up more that could be looked into, when it comes to the gba emulator

I think the wii has really matured as an emulation and homebrew system - the scene might not be the quite the way it was in 2008, but with nintendont and mgba and things like that popping up, I think the wii is looking very good, and I highly recommend it as a system, even today

theres no system that spans so many platforms as well

Last edited by stealth_gerbil,
Reactions: niuus

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm surprised that they don't added your mod and your extra cores in the main project

I guess those extra cores are not a priority for the libretro team, they are more focused on the main consoles. About the Nestopia mod is not needed anymore, we can now load a custom palette (custom.pal) from the core options. I recommend above anything else the "unsaturated v5 palette", it's the most accurate color palette, very close to the real output from the console. If only FCEU GX can have NTSC filters, it'll be very competitive against Nestopia

Last edited by zerofalcon,

soniccomcisbr

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I guess those extra cores are not a priority for the libretro team, they are more focused on the main consoles. About the Nestopia mod is not needed anymore, we can now load a custom palette (custom.pal) from the core options. I recommend above anything else the "unsaturated v5 palette", it's the most accurate color palette, very close to the real output from the console. If only FCEU GX can have NTSC filters, it'll be very competitive against Nestopia
WHY ANYONE TOLD ME THAT BEFORE :v
You mean the .pal files, thats mean unsaturated-v5.pal?

Where I must put the pallete to work?

Last edited by soniccomcisbr,

DDinghoya

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Hi!

I'm FCEUGX's big fan. so I translated korean and attached ko.lang file.
If possible, Would you please apply ko.lang on FCEUGX source?

Attachments

• ko.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 104
Last edited by DDinghoya,
Reactions: niuus

Zopenko

Link He come to town Come to save the Princess Z
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi!

I'm FCEUGX's big fan. so I translated korean and attached ko.lang file.
If possible, Would you please apply ko.lang on FCEUGX source?

Hi Ddinghoya

I saw your post on the snes emu mod first :ha:

If you want i can build a version with this translation. So you can see what other messages are missing the translation.

DDinghoya

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Hi Ddinghoya

I saw your post on the snes emu mod first :ha:

If you want i can build a version with this translation. So you can see what other messages are missing the translation.

Thank your for your mention!
ko.lang based your FCEUGX - 3.3.8 SRC on this post.
As you know, I input it that omitted line and re-upload file on previous reply. Check it please. :)

if omitted new article line, would you please provide the newest template?

Zopenko

Link He come to town Come to save the Princess Z
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi

Big question does any body know of a CJK truetype font that is small in size?

I compiled the fceugx with the korean lang enabled with a large font file, but the app crashed.

I know there got to be one since the chinese 3.3.5 mod thats on the web has that lang enabled and it does not crash.

The current emu font size is 55kb and it does not display Korean nor Japanese characters. Ideally I would like a CJK font as small as possible

Last edited by Zopenko,

DDinghoya

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Hi

Big question does any body know of a CJK truetype font that is small in size?

I compiled the fceugx with the korean lang enabled with a large font file, but the app crashed.

I know there got to be one since the chinese 3.3.5 mod thats on the web has that lang enabled and it does not crash.

The current emu font size is 55kb and it does not display Korean nor Japanese characters. Ideally I would like a CJK font as small as possible

I recommand Noto Sans CJK KR font. However too big....

http://www.google.com/get/noto/

Also i attached a font file that used for WiiXplorer. In this case korean output is no problem.

other BusanBada font is no problem for WiiFlow 4.2.3 Mod and I recommand this.

Attachments

• font_kr.zip
    266.4 KB · Views: 107
  • BusanBada font_kr.zip
    180.9 KB · Views: 151

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo