Homebrew FCE Ultra GX Mod [Preview + WiiUPro + ScreenShot button]

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Do the vs. games have the correct pslete on the 3.3.6 version made by burnt lasagna?
Ok, the results:

I can confirm again that the palettes were swapped/incorrectly linked to others when the new "Palettes page" was introduced. In Vs. games, the colors are incorrect since the hardware palette was different from the one used in the NES, you could fix this before by selecting the game-specific Palette option in the Video menu. In 3.3.4, the proper Vs. Palette name showed the proper colors, but in 3.3.6 (up to the version that deleted all the other options) you need to select the palette next to the one that corresponds (for example, for Vs. Super Mario Bros, you need to select the Vs. Dr. Mario one). The Vs. Palettes could be added again, given this situation. Of course, not every Vs. game palette is present in the Video menu, maybe any of you programmers could suggest an approach for this, add the remaining ones if they exist, or just leave it as it is currently (with only Vs. Castlevania, Vs. Dr. Mario and Vs. Super Mario Bros being supported for proper colors).

A minor thing that i noticed is that now it says "colors" after every palette name, which is a bit redundant since the option is already called "Color Palette".

The new Delete option works very well, haven't tested thoroughly, but i will.

Everything else is running fine! =D

Last edited by niuus,
Reactions: sindrik and Zopenko

Zopenko

Link He come to town Come to save the Princess Z
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok, the results:

I can confirm again that the palettes were swapped/incorrectly linked to others when the new "Palettes page" was introduced. In Vs. games, the colors are incorrect since the hardware palette was different from the one used in the NES, you could fix this before by selecting the game-specific Palette option in the Video menu. In 3.3.4, the proper Vs. Palette name showed the proper colors, but in 3.3.6 (up to the version that deleted all the other options) you need to select the palette next to the one that corresponds (for example, for Vs. Super Mario Bros, you need to select the Vs. Dr. Mario one). The Vs. Palettes could be added again, given this situation. Of course, not every Vs. game palette is present in the Video menu, maybe any of you programmers could suggest an approach for this, add the remaining ones if they exist, or just leave it as it is currently (with only Vs. Castlevania, Vs. Dr. Mario and Vs. Super Mario Bros being supported for proper colors).

A minor thing that i noticed is that now it says "colors" after every palette name, which is a bit redundant since the option is already called "Color Palette".

The new Delete option works very well, haven't tested thoroughly, but i will.

Everything else is running fine! =D

Updated changelog attached.

Thank you very much niuss

- For the "palettes were swapped/incorrectly linked to others" bug:

The way the palettes are stored inside the source code is that they have a "short name" and a "long name"
the short name you do not see it, the long name is displayed on the emu menus
when burnt standardized the new names, they did not match the "short name" description,
but every time a tried to fix them, I broke the palette function
so, against my OCD i will not change the short names, so that palettes properly work

so here's and example
- In 3.3.4 version the code says: { "asqrealc", "AspiringSquire's Real palette",
- In 3.3.6 burnt version it says: { "asqrealc", "Wii VC",
- what i did, (and apparently broke the palette) is rename it to: { "Wii-VC", "Wii Virtual Console Colors",

looking at the code, i do not understand why it breaks the palettes function,
since this is how i originally added superrsonics wii palette in version 3.3.4 MOD

- For the "in 3.3.4 the proper Vs. Palette name showed the proper colors, but in 3.3.6 you need to select the palette next"
Again I'm pretty sure this is related with the Short vs Long name change in the palettes

-As for the VS games
Looking at the gcvideo.cpp file on the 3.0.9 source code there were 2 comments that where deleted on future versions:
1st comment: "The default NES palette must be the first entry in the array", in this version "Loopy's" palette was the first on the array
2nd comment: "The default VS palette must be the last entry in the array", in this case the "VS SMB/VS Ice Climber" palette was the last on the array

According to the wiki page they are 45 Vs. games, can someone test any of them (or all of them :lol:)
(minus Vs. Castlevania, Vs. Dr. Mario, Vs. Super Mario Bros and VS Ice Climber)
an report back if the "VS SMB/VS Ice Climber palette" properly worked for the majority of the Vs. games?

if so, then I can add back that palette at end of the array and name it something like "Vs. Game Palette" or "Default Vs Palette"

- i noticed is that now it says "colors" after every palette name

I was playing around with being more specific for this option, since I'm also updating the Spanish translation, but i do see your point
i will remove the redundancy

- Delete option works very well, haven't tested thoroughly, but i will.
Please do report back, i think it should work great,
but i haven't tested any more scenarios, that many of you can look for

Again thanks to every body that has been helping with fine tuning this new release :yaywii:

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Thank you very much niuss

According to the wiki page they are 45 Vs. games, can someone test any of them (or all of them :lol:)
(minus Vs. Castlevania, Vs. Dr. Mario, Vs. Super Mario Bros and VS Ice Climber)
an report back if the "VS SMB/VS Ice Climber palette" properly worked for the majority of the Vs. games?

if so, then I can add back that palette at end of the array and name it something like "Vs. Game Palette" or "Default Vs Palette"
I will try to gather them all and report back :)

Zopenko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@Zopenko: tested all of the VS. games in 3.3.4 (GoodNES 3.14 romset). Only tested them with the VS. SMB Palette or any normal non-VS. Palette.

+ Atari RBI Baseball (VS) WORKING
+ Balloon Fight (VS) NOT WORKING
+ Baseball (VS) NOT WORKING
- Battle City (VS) [p1][!] NOT WORKING
- Battle City (VS) [p1][o1] NOT WORKING
- Battle City (VS) [p2] WORKING
- Battle City (VS) WORKING
- Clu Clu Land (VS) WORKING
- Dr. Mario (VS) WORKING
- Duck Hunt (VS) [b1] WORKING {bugged sound, minor graphical glitches}
- Duck Hunt (VS) WORKING {bugged sound}
* Excitebike (VS) [a1] WORKING
- Excitebike (VS) WORKING
- Freedom Force (VS) WORKING
- Goonies (VS) [b1] UNPLAYABLE {controller does not respond}
- Goonies (VS) [b2] UNPLAYABLE {controller does not respond}
- Goonies (VS) [o1] UNPLAYABLE {controller does not respond}
- Goonies, The (VS) WORKING
- Gradius (VS) [b1] UNPLAYABLE {controller does not respond}
- Gradius (VS) WORKING
+ Gumshoe (VS) UNPLAYABLE {major graphical glitches}
- Hogan's Alley (VS) WORKING {bugged sound}
- Ice Climber (VS) (Player 1 Mode) NOT WORKING
- Ice Climber (VS) (Player 2 Mode) NOT WORKING
- Ice Climber (VS) [o1] WORKING
- Ice Climber (VS) WORKING
- Ladies Golf (VS) WORKING
- Mach Rider (VS) [b1] UNPLAYABLE {controller does not respond}
- Mach Rider (VS) WORKING
+ Mahjong (VS) NOT WORKING
- Mighty Bomb Jack (J) (VS) WORKING
- Ninja Jajamaru-kun (VS) WORKING
* Pinball (VS) WORKING
- Platoon (VS) [b1] UNPLAYABLE {controller does not respond}
- Platoon (VS) [b2] NOT WORKING {black screen}
- Platoon (VS) WORKING
- Soccer (VS) WORKING
- Star Luster (VS) WORKING
+ Stroke & Match Golf (VS) WORKING
- Super Skater (VS. Super Mario Bros Hack) UNPLAYABLE {controller does not respond}
* Super Sky Kid (VS) WORKING
- Super Xevious - Gump no Nazo (VS) [b1] NOT WORKING
- Super Xevious - Gump no Nazo (VS) [b2] NOT WORKING
- Super Xevious - Gump no Nazo (VS) WORKING
+ Tennis (VS) NOT WORKING
- Tetris (VS) [a1] NOT WORKING
- Top Gun (VS) WORKING
- VS. Airman WORKING {minor graphical glitches}
+ VS. Blink (SMB1 VS Hack) UNPLAYABLE {controller does not respond}
- VS. Castlevania (VS) [b1] NOT WORKING
- VS. Castlevania (VS) [o1] WORKING
- VS. Castlevania (VS) WORKING
- VS. Slalom (VS) WORKING
- VS. Super Mario Bros. (VS) [a1] WORKING
- VS. Super Mario Bros (VS) [b1] UNPLAYABLE {moderate graphical glitches, controller does not respond}
- VS. Super Mario Bros (VS) [b1] [o1] UNPLAYABLE {moderate graphical glitches, controller does not respond}
- VS. Super Mario Bros (VS) [b2] UNPLAYABLE {moderate graphical glitches, controller does not respond}
- VS. Super Mario Bros (VS) [b3] UNPLAYABLE {controller does not respond}
- VS. Super Mario Bros. (VS) [o1] WORKING
- VS. Super Mario Bros. (VS) WORKING
- VS. TKO Boxing (VS) [a1] NOT WORKING
- VS. TKO Boxing (VS) [hM04] WORKING
- VS. TKO Boxing (VS) UNPLAYABLE {controller does not respond}
- VS. TKO Boxing (VS) [!] WORKING
+ Wrecking Crew (VS) NOT WORKING

(+) all the roms variations of the game have the same status.
(*) shows the correct colors with any non-VS Palette.

Thank you niuus
For being so thorough on this request

Based on these result i will add the palette to the 3.3.8 beta.

Question just to be clear, Did you use the "vs smb" palette or the "vs smb/ice climber" palette?
Since they are two unique palettes.

Again thank you for your hard work.

Autism Gamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are some romhacks that makes some of the VS games that makes them playable on real hardware, also fixes the palettes on some of them.

This is the Website http://nes.goondocks.se/patches2.php (This only contain patches not roms)

Vs Super Mario Bros is a good example. It uses the regular SMB palette and a dip switch menu (like setting up lives and difficulty etc.)

Vs Duck Hunt also makes the regular zapper usable, since this game has a different kind of zapper.

Vs Ice Climber did get a port on the Famicom Disk System, although it uses the same name as "Ice Climber", It uses the same palette as the original although it doesn't use credits.

Vs. Excitebike also has a FDS port but with a different titlescreen and slightly changed courses, more music, and saves your custom tracks.

I also like to add the Famicom Disk System game Falsion has missing graphics in the older versions, unless you use a different color palette, this beta fixes that.

So far I encounter three games that has bugs. City Connection has glitchy graphics on the title screen, otherwise its fully playable. The Japanese version is different but I haven't checked on this emu yet

Majou Densetsu II : Daimashikyou Galious (Fan Translation) doesn't boot, and Micro Machines doesn't boot either

Last edited by Autism Gamer,

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Thank you niuus
For being so thorough on this request

Based on these result i will add the palette to the 3.3.8 beta.

Question just to be clear, Did you use the "vs smb" palette or the "vs smb/ice climber" palette?
Since they are two unique palettes.

Again thank you for your hard work.
Really glad to help!

I just used "Zaphod's Vs SMB Palette" since that's one of the few VS. Palettes present in 3.3.4, no Vs. Ice Climber Palette, at least not in the name, like 3.3.6. I did not used the latter version because of the bug i mentioned to you about the palettes linked to others, which could make my report inaccurate
Vs Duck Hunt also makes the regular zapper usable, since this game has a different kind of zapper.
Just so you know, you can use the Zapper control already present in the Controller Options, without patching the Vs. rom.

Reactions: sindrik and Zopenko

shatterhand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using Fce ultra gx mod 3.3.7 and the firebrandx unsaturated-v5 palette does not look right on my crt tv (trinitron kv-24fs100). I am using third party component cables. All the other palettes looks fine but the firebrandx unsaturated-v5 palette looks overly bright and saturated on my TV; even though I know the firebrandx unsaturated-v5 palette is supposed to be really accurate. Reds especially look oversaturated and yellows don't look right. The Superrsonic Wii Virtual Console Palette looks far more accurate on my TV. Does anyone have any idea why this might be?

Zopenko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm using Fce ultra gx mod 3.3.7 and the firebrandx unsaturated-v5 palette does not look right on my crt tv (trinitron kv-24fs100). I am using third party component cables. All the other palettes looks fine but the firebrandx unsaturated-v5 palette looks overly bright and saturated on my TV; even though I know the firebrandx unsaturated-v5 palette is supposed to be really accurate. Reds especially look oversaturated and yellows don't look right. The Superrsonic Wii Virtual Console Palette looks far more accurate on my TV. Does anyone have any idea why this might be?
The 3.3.7 mod has some palette naming problems please test the mod burnt compiled a few pages back. Or wait for 3.3.8 the naming palette should be fixed

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Really glad to help!

I just used "Zaphod's Vs SMB Palette" since that's one of the few VS. Palettes present in 3.3.4, no Vs. Ice Climber Palette, at least not in the name, like 3.3.6. I did not used the latter version because of the bug i mentioned to you about the palettes linked to others, which could make my report inaccurate

Just so you know, you can use the Zapper control already present in the Controller Options, without patching the Vs. rom.
Niuus i'm sorry to ask you this. After being so thorough on the palette, but could you test some of the roms with the 3.3.4 orginal or 3.3.3 version of the emu. I think i did not update the max palettes limit on my mod, That is why you do not see the "smb/ice climber" palette

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Niuus i'm sorry to ask you this. After being so thorough on the palette, but could you test some of the roms with the 3.3.4 orginal or 3.3.3 version of the emu. I think i did not update the max palettes limit on my mod, That is why you do not see the "smb/ice climber" palette
Ok, so i ran the last official version before your mods, on the last spot there is a "VS SMB/Vs Ice Climber palett" now.

Phew! As tedious as it was, i went back and tested them all again with 3.3.4 by Tantric (GoodNES 3.14 romset), this time using Default and VS. SMB/Ice Climber Palette. I have good news for you, it turns out every VS. game shows the correct colors by using the Default Palette (which is the right way), so you would only have to add that one instead of the other Vs. specific ones, which don't add anything to the mix. Maybe it could be named Default Vs. Palette.

- Battle City (VS) [p1][!] UNPLAYABLE {controller does not respond}
- Battle City (VS) [p1][o1] UNPLAYABLE {controller does not respond}
# Battle City (VS) [p2] WORKING
# Battle City (VS) WORKING
# Clu Clu Land (VS) WORKING
# Dr. Mario (VS) WORKING
# Duck Hunt (VS) [b1] WORKING {bugged sound, minor graphical glitches}
# Duck Hunt (VS) WORKING {bugged sound}
# Excitebike (VS) [a1] WORKING {also works with Zaphod's VS. SMB Palette - VS. SMB/Ice Climber Palette, some colors slightly off with both}
# Excitebike (VS) WORKING
# Freedom Force (VS) WORKING
# Goonies, The (VS) WORKING
# Gradius (VS) WORKING
# Hogan's Alley (VS) WORKING {bugged sound}
# Ice Climber (VS) [o1] WORKING {also works with Zaphod's VS. SMB - VS. SMB/Ice Climber Palette, one glitch in the title screen with both}
# Ice Climber (VS) WORKING {also works with Zaphod's VS. SMB - VS. SMB/Ice Climber Palette, one glitch in the title screen with both}
# Ladies Golf (VS) WORKING
# Mach Rider (VS) WORKING
# Mighty Bomb Jack (J) (VS) WORKING
# Ninja Jajamaru-kun (VS) WORKING
# Pinball (VS) [a1] WORKING
# Pinball (VS) WORKING
- Platoon (VS) [b2] NOT WORKING
# Platoon (VS) WORKING
# Soccer (VS) WORKING
# Star Luster (VS) WORKING
# Stroke & Match Golf (VS) [!] WORKING
# Stroke & Match Golf (VS) [a1] WORKING
- Stroke & Match Golf (VS) [a1][b1] WORKING
- Stroke & Match Golf (VS) [a1][b2] WORKING
= Super Skater (VS. Super Mario Bros Hack) UNPLAYABLE {controller does not respond}
# Super Sky Kid (VS) WORKING
# Super Xevious - Gump no Nazo (VS) WORKING
# Tetris (VS) WORKING {Player 1 and 2 controllers are inverted and only control the other one}
# Top Gun (VS) WORKING
# VS. Airman WORKING {minor graphical glitches}
= VS. Blink (SMB1 VS Hack) [o1] UNPLAYABLE {controller does not respond}
= VS. Blink (SMB1 VS Hack) UNPLAYABLE {controller does not respond}
# VS. Castlevania (VS) [o1] WORKING {also works with Zaphod's VS. Castlevania - VS. Castlevania Palette, some colors slightly off with both}
# VS. Castlevania (VS) WORKING {also works with Zaphod's VS. Castlevania - VS. Castlevania Palette, some colors slightly off with both}
# VS. Super Mario Bros. (VS) [a1] WORKING {also works with Zaphod's VS. SMB - VS. SMB/Ice Climber Palette}
- VS. Super Mario Bros (VS) [b1] UNPLAYABLE {moderate graphical glitches, controller does not respond}
- VS. Super Mario Bros (VS) [b1] [o1] UNPLAYABLE {moderate graphical glitches, controller does not respond}
= VS. Super Mario Bros (VS) [b2] UNPLAYABLE {moderate graphical glitches, controller does not respond}
= VS. Super Mario Bros (VS) [b3] UNPLAYABLE {controller does not respond}
# VS. Super Mario Bros. (VS) [o1] WORKING
# VS. Super Mario Bros. (VS) WORKING
# VS. TKO Boxing (VS) [!] WORKING
# VS. TKO Boxing (VS) [hM04] UNPLAYABLE {controller does not respond}

(-) no single palette shows the correct colors.
(#) shows the correct colors with Default Palette.
(+) all the rom variations of the game have the same status.
(=) shows the correct colors with Zaphod's VS. SMB or VS. SMB/Ice Climber Palette only, some colors slightly off.[/QUOTE]

I have one little request @Zopenko, would you please make the emulator write the settings.xml in the .dol folder, instead of the fceugx folder at root? Every time i go back to previous versions of the emulators to test something, the config screws up and messes with default paths, menu config, garbled palette names which doesn't exist in that particular version, etc. This could be useful in the other builds of the GX emus you have been updating too (SNES9xGX and VBAGX).

Anything else, let me know!

Last edited by niuus,

Zopenko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok, so i ran the last official version before your mods, on the last spot there is a "VS SMB/Vs Ice Climber palett" now.

Phew! As tedious as it was, i went back and tested them all again with 3.3.4 by Tantric (GoodNES 3.14 romset), this time using Default and VS. SMB/Ice Climber Palette. I have good news for you, it turns out every VS. game shows the correct colors by using the Default Palette (which is the right way), so you would only have to add that one instead of the other Vs. specific ones, which don't add anything to the mix. Maybe it could be named Default Vs. Palette.

- Battle City (VS) [p1][!] UNPLAYABLE {controller does not respond}
- Battle City (VS) [p1][o1] UNPLAYABLE {controller does not respond}
# Battle City (VS) [p2] WORKING
# Battle City (VS) WORKING
# Clu Clu Land (VS) WORKING
# Dr. Mario (VS) WORKING
# Duck Hunt (VS) [b1] WORKING {bugged sound, minor graphical glitches}
# Duck Hunt (VS) WORKING {bugged sound}
# Excitebike (VS) [a1] WORKING {also works with Zaphod's VS. SMB Palette - VS. SMB/Ice Climber Palette, some colors slightly off with both}
# Excitebike (VS) WORKING
# Freedom Force (VS) WORKING
# Goonies, The (VS) WORKING
# Gradius (VS) WORKING
# Hogan's Alley (VS) WORKING {bugged sound}
# Ice Climber (VS) [o1] WORKING {also works with Zaphod's VS. SMB - VS. SMB/Ice Climber Palette, one glitch in the title screen with both}
# Ice Climber (VS) WORKING {also works with Zaphod's VS. SMB - VS. SMB/Ice Climber Palette, one glitch in the title screen with both}
# Ladies Golf (VS) WORKING
# Mach Rider (VS) WORKING
# Mighty Bomb Jack (J) (VS) WORKING
# Ninja Jajamaru-kun (VS) WORKING
# Pinball (VS) [a1] WORKING
# Pinball (VS) WORKING
- Platoon (VS) [b2] NOT WORKING
# Platoon (VS) WORKING
# Soccer (VS) WORKING
# Star Luster (VS) WORKING
# Stroke & Match Golf (VS) [!] WORKING
# Stroke & Match Golf (VS) [a1] WORKING
- Stroke & Match Golf (VS) [a1][b1] WORKING
- Stroke & Match Golf (VS) [a1][b2] WORKING
= Super Skater (VS. Super Mario Bros Hack) UNPLAYABLE {controller does not respond}
# Super Sky Kid (VS) WORKING
# Super Xevious - Gump no Nazo (VS) WORKING
# Tetris (VS) WORKING {Player 1 and 2 controllers are inverted and only control the other one}
# Top Gun (VS) WORKING
# VS. Airman WORKING {minor graphical glitches}
= VS. Blink (SMB1 VS Hack) [o1] UNPLAYABLE {controller does not respond}
= VS. Blink (SMB1 VS Hack) UNPLAYABLE {controller does not respond}
# VS. Castlevania (VS) [o1] WORKING {also works with Zaphod's VS. Castlevania - VS. Castlevania Palette, some colors slightly off with both}
# VS. Castlevania (VS) WORKING {also works with Zaphod's VS. Castlevania - VS. Castlevania Palette, some colors slightly off with both}
# VS. Super Mario Bros. (VS) [a1] WORKING {also works with Zaphod's VS. SMB - VS. SMB/Ice Climber Palette}
= VS. Super Mario Bros (VS) [b2] UNPLAYABLE {moderate graphical glitches, controller does not respond}
= VS. Super Mario Bros (VS) [b3] UNPLAYABLE {controller does not respond}
# VS. Super Mario Bros. (VS) [o1] WORKING
# VS. Super Mario Bros. (VS) WORKING
# VS. TKO Boxing (VS) [!] WORKING
# VS. TKO Boxing (VS) [hM04] UNPLAYABLE {controller does not respond}

(-) no single palette shows the correct colors.
(#) shows the correct colors with Default Palette.
(+) all the rom variations of the game have the same status.
(=) shows the correct colors with Zaphod's VS. SMB or VS. SMB/Ice Climber Palette only, some colors slightly off.

I have one little request @Zopenko, would you please make the emulator write the settings.xml in the .dol folder, instead of the fceugx folder at root? Every time i go back to previous versions of the emulators to test something, the config screws up and messes with default paths, menu config, garbled palette names which doesn't exist in that particular version, etc. This could be useful in the other builds of the GX emus you have been updating too (SNES9xGX and VBAGX).

Anything else, let me know!
Once again thank you niuus for this great work. :bow:

so the vs smb/ice climber will be added to the 3.3.8 beta.

Now that that is settled I will now start with your request. (Its the least i can do):blush:
I will look into changing where the settings file is saved.

Last edited by Zopenko,

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Once again thank you niuus for this great work. :bow:

so the vs smb/ice climber will be added to the 3.3.8 beta.

Now that that is settled I will now start with your request. (Its the least i can do):blush:
I will look into changing where the settings file is saved.
Thanks in advance, @Zopenko! Just don't forget to include the previous Default Palette (3.3.4), which is the universal working palette for Vs. games =). In my opinion, Vs. SMB/Ice Climber doesn't add nothing to the mix and it is not worthwhile your time, since only 5 roms are compatible with that palette (3 of them being poor hacks), and all of those are completely unplayable anyway. It's your call, though. Just sharing my .02 cents!

Last edited by niuus,
Reactions: sindrik

Alex S

Creator Of WWHDM, And Metroid Fusion XER0X!
Trophies
Website
www.erm.wut
XP
Country
United States
Hello
Here's my compilation mod for the FCE UltraGX emu, credit goes for the original creators of these mods, the only thing that I did was combine them, an add a few extras, enjoy.

Ver 3.3.7

* Added both Firebrandx NES color palettes (thanks to SuperrSonic and Asho).
* Added Nestopia's RGB palette (thanks to SuperrSonic and ShadowOne333).
* Added a new window when selecting a color palette (in order to avoid cycling the color palettes one by one).
* Reverted FDS file in order to fix Disk System support (thanks to Burnt Lasagna) (Support was broken on ver 3.3.5 MOD).
* Added option to disable / enable the Virtual Memory messages on the settings menu.
* Removed the "Reset" and "Power On" messages when loading and reseting a game (Messages were added on ver 3.3.5 MOD).

Souce Code 3.3.7
Wii Boot File
GC Boot File

Ver 3.3.6 Updates
- Combined Emukid's 3.3.5 mod version with my 3.3.4 mod version (see below).
- Added SuperrSonic's 3DS Virtual Console palette.
- changed the savestate cursor box color

Source Code 3.3.6
Wii Boot File
GC Boot File

view

Emu Updates:
- Version 3.3.4 as base.
- Added Cebolleto's preview image support.
- Added FIX94's WiiUPro controller support.
- Added SuperrSonic's Wii Virtual Console Palette.
- Increase preview image size and reduce game list width.
- Added a background to the preview image.
- Added a Screenshot button (under the game settings options, the video scaling option must be set to default otherwise screenshot looks smaller and with black borders around it, also screenshot folder must already exist otherwise a folder error will popup).
- Added a "WiiuPro" button on the button mapping menu, the options is just for completeness, since the controller mappings are shared between the wiiupro and the classic controller.
- Fixed the inverted color button selection that was in some option Windows.
- On the cheat menu, increased the cheat name display size and added scrolling if the name is too long to display at once.

- Fixed cover image dimensions, now it displays screenshot and cover within the background border.
- Fixed screenshot option, it no longer creates an additional "dummy" file.

BOOT FILE

SOURCE FILE

Thank you Sir ^3^

Mhx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried several different searches and skimmed through a number of threads for a few hours, trying to resolve a problem.
When using a WiiU Pro Controller, it automatically sets it as P1, but your Wiimote is already P1, and you can't force a Wiimote to P2, like you can on other consoles. This is where I run into the issue of "Do I need to buy another controller to play P2 games?", or is there a way to force a controller to P2?

Zopenko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've tried several different searches and skimmed through a number of threads for a few hours, trying to resolve a problem.
When using a WiiU Pro Controller, it automatically sets it as P1, but your Wiimote is already P1, and you can't force a Wiimote to P2, like you can on other consoles. This is where I run into the issue of "Do I need to buy another controller to play P2 games?", or is there a way to force a controller to P2?

Hi Mhx.

I do not have 2 wiiupro controllers. However I do have more wiimotes and gc pads, so I did a quick test and...

you are correct, if you only have 1 wiiupro, 1 wiimote and 1 gc pad, all of these contollers will be assign as player 1, even though they are 3 diferent contollers.

Once you connect a 2nd gc pad or 2nd wiimote they are assigned as player 2.

In the end I had 5 diferent controllers connected and all of them were assigned only as P1 (3 controllers) and P2 (2 controllers).

As of today the only solution is to get an additional controller. :(

Last edited by Zopenko,

sindrik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Mhx.

I do not have 2 wiiupro controllers. However I do have more wiimotes and gc pads, so I did a quick test and...

you are correct, if you only have 1 wiiupro, 1 wiimote and 1 gc pad, all of these contollers will be assign as player 1, even though they are 3 diferent contollers.

Once you connect a 2nd gc pad or 2nd wiimote they are assigned as player 2.

In the end I had 5 diferent controllers connected and all of them were assigned only as P1 (3 controllers) and P2 (2 controllers).

As of today the only solution is to get an additional controller. :(
hey Zopenko, had any chance to add the default palette back to 3.3.8? I'd like to play some vs games and i read in previous posts that this is the perfect palette to do so. thanks man!

Zopenko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hey Zopenko, had any chance to add the default palette back to 3.3.8? I'd like to play some vs games and i read in previous posts that this is the perfect palette to do so. thanks man!
Hi sindrik :)

Long time no read.
I had real life sidetrack for a moment
I will try and work on it over the weekend

Cheers

Reactions: sindrik

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
I have odd issue with duck hunt use Wii mote as gun but shooting ducks doesn't seem to work properly I get crosshair bang on the duck and they fly off I shoot them as well as it shows the splash for it when fired and it overlaps the duck but can shoot 3 rounds into them and they don't die it's as if not recognized?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Drug Mule Bot roll out!