FBI Over Health & Safety Injection Question

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by EliteGamer105, Jul 18, 2016.

1. EliteGamer105
    OP

EliteGamer105 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 15, 2014
    United States
    boot.firm, New Jersey
    Hello. I am curious to know if it is possible to have the later versions of FBI, like 2.3.3 and such with the GUI injected over the health and safety app. I tried an earlier version a while ago, but not the old version with the black background. It worked, but when I booted it up, it gave me some database or initalization error. I used Decrypt 9 A9LH with this. I do have FBI 2.3.3 installed as a separate cia other than the one I installed which was 1.41.17 or something like that. Please let me know soon & any help would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

2. Denny64

Denny64 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2016
    Netherlands
    I've had the same question a while ago.

It is possible to re inject a newer FBI via Hourglass9. (Make sure you have all the slot key files such as [keys] and a FBI_inject_with_banner.app)
    I've re injected 2.3.0 over 1.4.17 :)

3. EliteGamer105
    OP

Jun 15, 2014
    United States
    boot.firm, New Jersey
    Alright. I have all the slot key files. Also, do you know if hourglass 9 has an arm9 .bin payload? Or would I need to have homebrew access? Also did you use hourglass9 or decrypt 9 to do this? I am planning to inject the latest version of FBI into H&S. I would hope that like the standalone cia version, it can update itself as well, rather than reinjecting for every new version that comes out.

Sorry for all these questions. I want to make sure I am good to go before doing anything.

4. Denny64

Denny64 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2016
    Netherlands
    I used Hourglass9 via ARM9, I assigned it to the Y (Hour9_Y.bin in luma payload folder) button to boot.
    Since I use a old FBI version I just tested the update button, but it doesn't update the H&S app unfortunately. It just creates a new FBI app on the home menu. So you need to re-inject if you want to get a newer version ;)

5. EliteGamer105
    OP

Jun 15, 2014
    United States
    boot.firm, New Jersey
    Ah. I see. Okay. Hopefully it can be possible soon.

EDIT: Can I check for updates at least before manually injecting it into H&S?

Last edited by EliteGamer105, Jul 18, 2016
  6. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    PLEASE ASK NOOB QUESTIONS IN THE NOOB FORUM POST :mellow:

DarkGabbz likes this.
  7. EliteGamer105
    OP

Jun 15, 2014
    United States
    boot.firm, New Jersey
    It wasn't a noob question. Not many people had this kind of question. It's not like I am asking if I can downgrade 11.0 without a hardmod. That would be noob.

HaloEffect17 likes this.
  8. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    There is still a section dedicated to any and all questions about the 3ds hacking guide. :mellow:
    TO answer your question, just repeat the process of injection and use updated version of FBI, then again if you already have it installed as a seperate app, do you really need two of them?

9. EliteGamer105
    OP

Jun 15, 2014
    United States
    boot.firm, New Jersey
    Now I don't. But the last time I tried this I used decrypt9. So I kept 2 of them because injecting the later versions didn't work. H&S being 1.4.17, and the separate app being 2.3.3 Also I see now what you are saying. I apologize.

10. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Well it is possible to upgrade the FBI injected app, but not sure why is not working for you.
    Did you try repeating the procoess?

Dump H&S Then Inject the app
    Then try install with or without banner? (Try the other if one doesn't work):unsure:

11. BORTZ

BORTZ "Another stunning Van Gogh"

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    You cannot link to the 3DS keys here.

12. EliteGamer105
    OP

Jun 15, 2014
    United States
    boot.firm, New Jersey
    Who me? I don't need any slot keys. I obtained them a while ago.

13. Barawer

Barawer GBAtemp Regular

Jan 3, 2016
    Iceland
    I have a question that relates: i wanted to reinject H&S, but i somehow lost my dump. can i get it from somewhere? my guess its console specific?

14. Roomsaver

Roomsaver GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    garfield kart grand prix
    You can inject older versions of FBI. I, myself, have the version right before it got the GUI.