FBI only 1MB Per second ?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ProfiSuchti, Sep 8, 2016.

1. ProfiSuchti
    OP

ProfiSuchti GBAtemp Regular

Aug 20, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Hey there,

i tried many SD Cards on my O3Ds XL A9hl out to see if FBI installts my .Cia Files faster.

I used a 2GB SD Card and FBI needed 5 Seconds for 1MB! It started at 0.00MB and goed up to 1MB in 0.25 Steps (It showed me 0.00MB, 0.25MB, 0.50MB etc.. up to 1MB and i started counnting).

Then i used my ORIGINAL O3Ds XL 4GB SD Card and the Results was the same like the 2GB SD Card...

Ago 2 Days i received my new 32GB SD Card (Class 10) that i bought NEW with Guarantee, and the Results with FBI now: It starts with 0.00MB, and goes in 0.25MB steps up, but much faster this Time (Same like before, FBI Shows while installing: 0.25MB, 0.50MB etc. in Steps but the Numbers change in few MILI-Seconds, so thats very fast now).
    It needed 1 Second to go to 1MB, but this is still not enough for me...

I used a very expensiv FAST SD Card from my Dad (64GB) for testing and it still needs 1 Seconds for 1 MB!.

The PC Write Speed Resulots of the SD Cards:

2GB: 8MB Per Second

4GB: 15,4MB Per Second

32GB: 20MB Per Second

64GB: 40MB Per Second.

I used a Test file to see how fast the Write Speed is from PC to all of the SD Cards.

Well, my Question is now: Is my FBI installing slow because my 3Ds cant Write more than 1MB in one Second ? the last 2 SD Cards maked only 1MB Per Second in FBI, but the Cards are much faster on the PC.

I guess its because the 3Ds.

2. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    There's a lot of factors like the slow arm9 handling the hardware io, encryption and wifi.
    Also, the system reading from, then writing to the sd at the same time to install a cia.

The speed of the sd card is meaningless when the bottleneck is the system itself.

Last edited by zoogie, Sep 8, 2016
  3. Swiftloke

Swiftloke Hwaaaa!

Jan 26, 2015
    United States
    Nowhere
    Yup, totally normal. I use this, and it's 1 second per MB.
    It's annoying. Some people like using a Gateway because they don't have to deal with slow CIA installation speed.

ProfiSuchti likes this.
  4. ProfiSuchti
    OP

ProfiSuchti GBAtemp Regular

Aug 20, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Thanks, so i know now that my CFW is not Corrupted or my FBI :D. Thats why i asked.

So there is nothing to do, and the Speed is very okay for me^^

5. TLOZmaster

TLOZmaster GBAtemp Regular

Feb 21, 2015
    United States
    Hyrule
    You could possibly try a different CIA installer and see if that helps. They usually aren't too big either.

ProfiSuchti likes this.
  6. Speighty1

Speighty1 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2016
    Does it really matter how long it takes as long they install ok.

Isn't that what matters.

ProfiSuchti likes this.