Playing CIA with Luma on old 3DS XL

Loque

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
After many years I powered on my nice 3DS XL with Gateway 3DS on it and surprise, the web page to run the gateway exploit is down (as expected).
Now I succesfully installed Luma and as the tutorial suggested I update from the Luma nand to FW 11.16.
Problem is that this 3ds model has a 4GB memory card and I have 32 and 64gb MICRO sd cards available right now.
Gateway 3ds had a 32gb micro sd. But I discovered that FBI only see my memory card slot and not the gateway slot.
The cia game i want to play (pokemon ultra moon) is more than 3gb and my memory card has available a bit more than 2 gb cause of filesystem.

What I am asking is, instead of buying another memory card (no, adapters for micro sd aren't working, i already tried), DO FBI can read in some way CIA files stored in the Gateway red or blue card?
I already tried without success.

Please help THANKS!

Last edited by Loque,

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Problem is that this 3ds model has a 4GB memory card and I have 32 and 64gb MICRO sd cards available right now.
And why not upgrade to that 32gb or 64gb card? Also, why not copy UM from the Gateway' sd card to your pc, then copy it to 32gb (or 64gb) card?
Post automatically merged:

Also, iirc Gateway3DS uses ".3ds" and not ".cia" files, so you'd need to convert the game into ".cia" format in GodMode9, then you could install it in fbi.

Last edited by CoolMe,

Loque

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
sorry i did not understand your message.
is there a way to play cia files stored on the gateway 3ds? or they should only be installed from internal 3ds xl memory card?

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Simply answer, FBI cannot access the micro SD inside the gateway Card. You need to have the installable cia files on the (micro)SD Card in the 3DS.

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Sypherone

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.