Hacking Fatal Frame 4 English Translation Patch

Teny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. I will have to check it out when I am done DL. Thanks again.

EDIT - Will this work on SDHC cards? or will it only work on SD cards?

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Really nice work from you guys
wink.gif
Out of interest can the xml file used for other games too or does this only work for this specific game ?

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
nIxx said:
Really nice work from you guys
wink.gif
Out of interest can the xml file used for other games too or does this only work for this specific game ?
Eventually it will be, but for the moment you will have to wait. Zero4 gets the exclusive first release of Riivolution for now
smile.gif

(Reasons mainly being that the final version still needs a bit more work)

As a btw, I've started a support IRC channel for the patch, which can be found in #Zero4 on EFnet. Mibbit webchat can be found here: http://ta.gd/zero4

Jotokun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone else having trouble with the offline installation? I've tried it on two different machines, and its failed on both. They're both running Windows 7, and the error log generated contains this:
CODETraceback (most recent call last):
ÂÂFile "downloader.py", line 5, in
ÂÂFile "tkFileDialog.pyo", line 43, in
ÂÂFile "tkCommonDialog.pyo", line 11, in
ÂÂFile "Tkinter.pyo", line 38, in
ÂÂFile "FixTk.pyo", line 54, in
ÂÂFile "FixTk.pyo", line 23, in convert_path
LookupError: unknown encoding: mbcs

Teny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the people that wants to try getting it to work on an USB loader, you can try doing what the Monster Hunter Tri patch did. Where you use the cheat system (like Ocarina) to load the file off of the SD card, and replace some files on the ISO. Though, I think the replacement on the files on the ISO was to translate what was possible, and the one that loads off the SD card is what translates the rest.
I don't know how to do any of these, so I am just going to let others try and figure it out.
I am still DL the patch, it stopped at 177MB and said it was finished, so I had to start over again, and other people in the household are DL other things and slowing me down.

Jotokun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually have an idea as to how to get backups loading(for burnt disks, not USB), but I cant test it out unless I can get the offline installation working. If I can and it works, I'll make sure to reply here with that info.

metroid4life14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not a very experienced hacker or anything, but couldn't you just open the iso with wiiscrubber and replace the respective partitions with the translated ones?

Teny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jotokun said:
I actually have an idea as to how to get backups loading(for burnt disks, not USB), but I cant test it out unless I can get the offline installation working. If I can and it works, I'll make sure to reply here with that info.

Is your idea cIOSCORP?

Clish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Jotokun said:

QUOTE(Teny @ Jan 18 2010, 06:16 AM) Is your idea cIOSCORP?

i thought the same thing, but i am sure there is a better method ....

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Oy, I wish it wasn't so much to import the game (it's a bit more than I want to pay at the moment). Even so, excellent job on this Tempus and crew. This is really pretty impressive.

slatis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Jotokun said:
Is anyone else having trouble with the offline installation? I've tried it on two different machines, and its failed on both. They're both running Windows 7, and the error log generated contains this:
CODETraceback (most recent call last):
ÂÂFile "downloader.py", line 5, in
ÂÂFile "tkFileDialog.pyo", line 43, in
ÂÂFile "tkCommonDialog.pyo", line 11, in
ÂÂFile "Tkinter.pyo", line 38, in
ÂÂFile "FixTk.pyo", line 54, in
ÂÂFile "FixTk.pyo", line 23, in convert_path
LookupError: unknown encoding: mbcs

Same problem here, using win7 too :s

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
TempusC said:
It’s not because we don’t support piracy, but it is because we want people with the legal game to be able to play it. It’s about making it MORE accessible to people who don’t pirate or don’t know how (and don’t care to learn). Pirates will find their own way if they really want to, we didn’t put any protection on it or anything. It just uses our own loader.

Someone on my usual site respects you enough to take down a full translated ISO that was uploaded based on your patch.

Seriously, it was up for a MAX of 2 hours. I lol'd a bit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2: +1