Not open for further replies.

Mages

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They said they get their Acekards from Acekard and it's impossible to get a fake one. Said to open a support ticket and see what happens.

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
As far as I know, AKAIO will start on a fake cart, but will not run any game. Instead you will get a message saying your cart is unsupported. Also from what I recall, original Acekards 2i have a HW of either 44 (older ones) or 81 (newer ones). I may be wrong though.

But still, if AKAIO doesn't run any game, it's a pretty good indication that you have received a fake cart.

realhotstuff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as we know, there are no fake AK2 or AK2i. We do know AK2 (including AK2.1) has many builds. Each one of them looks different in some ways. We did email Acekard to verify them and came back to prove that they were all real. The link provided http://www.acekard.com/news.php#65 was to distinguish AK2i and AK2, bot between real and fake. We do believe we have the real ones and what you got was real one. We noticed that AK2 and AK2i tend to have high defective rate comparing to other flashcards. We think what you got was a defective one. We also emailed our supplier with your complaint. We will hear back from him soon.

If you really have doubt about the the AK2 you have. We strongly suggest you to contact Acekard to verify it. You may not believe us, but you should believe the people who makes the card.

They can be contacted at [email protected]

We do take this very seriously. We got cheated by our supplier before but we are doing our best from that happening again. We do believe all the cards we have now are real including the one you have.

Sales @RHS

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
realhotstuff said:
As far as we know, there are no fake AK2 or AK2i. We do know AK2 (including AK2.1) has many builds. Each one of them looks different in some ways. We did email Acekard to verify them and came back to prove that they were all real. The link provided http://www.acekard.com/news.php#65 was to distinguish AK2i and AK2, bot between real and fake. We do believe we have the real ones and what you got was real one. We noticed that AK2 and AK2i tend to have high defective rate comparing to other flashcards. We think what you got was a defective one. We also emailed our supplier with your complaint. We will hear back from him soon.

If you really have doubt about the the AK2 you have. We strongly suggest you to contact Acekard to verify it. You may not believe us, but you should believe the people who makes the card.

We do take this very seriously. We got cheated by our supplier before but we are doing our best from that happening again. We do believe all the cards we have now are real including the one you have.

Sales @RHS
Look around the Forum, there are MANY fake Acekards.

realhotstuff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShatteredScreens said:
realhotstuff said:

Sales @RHS
Look around the Forum, there are MANY fake Acekards.

We had not sold any single one or had any customers confirmed that we sold fake ones. We have never seen a fake ones and we believe that what we have and had are the real ones.

I think there are confusion between 2i and 2.1. The PCB board at the back for 2i is clear yellow while there are many variations of 2.1, the one we currently have is dark green. Please do not compare 2i and 2.1 as fake against real. They are both real. You are comparing your 2.1 against 2i and claimed it was fake. That is not right. Again, the link is to compare 2i and 2.1. Please read it carefully.

Mages

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My pcb board is black and the contacts are black on the back too. The things shape is irregular for the DS and needs to be forced in. The contacts needed to be pushed up with a paper and that only works 50% of the time. AKAIO says unsupported device and the HW ID is 80.

realhotstuff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please take a picture of the card. We'll have Acekard to take a look at it. If we indeed sold you a fake one, we will take full responsibility. We will apologize publicly if that is the case. But if it turned out to be real, we simply ask you to edit the title of the post.

realhotstuff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take pictures of the front, back and PCB. You can even open it up to take pictures of the chip(s). can you please at least change the tile to add a question mark(?) for now? The title says that we sold you a fake one which hurts us. Please change that before you can prove that we sold you a fake one.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If thats the case. I am going to by from GamebyGame only. I bought lots of stuff from Realhotstuff before. But since they are selling fakes now idk. Does anyone know if GamebyGame sells fakes?

NaxSquall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guam
I've bought from RHS several times and I've never had anything problems with them. What MicroSD card are you using?

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also bought from them it took like 4 days to come to my house and I live in New York City which isn't far from new Jersey maybe a 3 hour drive... They are a great company. It took long for them to ship me my Acekard because they were on holiday or something well that was there excuse.

Anyways it has good support. I put the wrong address by accident in and I made a support ticket and they contacted me back and changed my address to the correct one

cantim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just ordered the acekard 2 from real hot stuff and I got it today (super fast shipping like always). Anyway, I put the firmware onto the acekard 2 and nothing happens. The Nintendo ds loads as if there was no card in it.
I tried formatting it, and using different firmware the AKAIO and the ak2.
I ordered an m3 ds simply from them a few years ago and I have no problems with that card.
Any suggestions?

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cantim said:
I just ordered the acekard 2 from real hot stuff and I got it today (super fast shipping like always). Anyway, I put the firmware onto the acekard 2 and nothing happens. The Nintendo ds loads as if there was no card in it.
Any suggestions?
It seems to be a known issue with the latest batches of acekards. Take a soft cloth and clean up the contacts on your ak2, then try again. And make sure your kernel is AKAIO, so you can check if your card is original or not.

Also for fun check this video, it shows how to update your Acekard 2i to 1.4 but the guy had serious connection problems with brand new Acekards.
blink.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNb6NLXTf8I

cantim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I didn't know that you could just hit the top button once you get in. But all that shows up is a blank screen. Bleh, I guess I could just exchange it back to real hot stuff?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Mages said:
My pcb board is black and the contacts are black on the back too. The things shape is irregular for the DS and needs to be forced in. The contacts needed to be pushed up with a paper and that only works 50% of the time. AKAIO says unsupported device and the HW ID is 80.

as closely as i work with the akaio team i can assure you that if the acekard says "unsupported device" it is a clone kit. norm has done extensive work to verify the clones and find a method to detect them. it is not a generic routine that can be easily bypassed. the problem with the clone cards is that they look legit. i've seen a few that look identical to the official acekard. the only difference is the "stuff" on the inside, and it isn't as easy to open the acekard as some of the other flash linkers on the market.

also to RHS, please read the stickie in this section where team acekard has made a post describing that clones do exist (http://www.acekard.com/news.php#65). while the post is for the ak2i, it remains conceivable that the cloned ak2i has simply received an ak2.1 sticker. a change which costs the clone makers pennies and thus allows them to tap into a bigger market of consumers.

my point with this post is that the clones look so real it would be easy to be duped unless you physically tested akaio on each of them before sending them out to customers.

regardless of the factual nature of his claim to a clone acekard, the 1yr warranty on an official acekard is very real. so based on your posts stating that you are not selling clones and his posts stating that his acekard is not working, he qualifies for a 1yr warranty... does he not?

however, i am fully aware of the current state of returns on acekards. the chinese wholesalers have been reluctant to accept returns from non-chinese buyers. which makes a company like RHS not all that keen on having to send out a replacement. the greater issue here is if the card is a clone, it can be proven to be a clone, it does not quality for a warranty replacement. at that point it would be up to RHS to do the right thing. but it isn't my company so it isn't my decision.

-another world

realhotstuff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We have no problem with replacing defective flashcards at all. What we are trying to say is that we do not carry clones. We got cheated before so we are very careful now. We did test our AK2.1 (same batch) today. It worked fine with AKAIO and showed 80 instead of 81 too. We asked Acekard in the past about several versions of Acekard and they did confirm the ones we had question were all real.

We do believe the supplier we have now provided us the real ones. If it turned out that they sold us fakes, we will certainly take some actions.

If we indeed sold clones to our customers, we will either issue refund or send out authentic one for replacement depends on customers' preference.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was most likely a defected cart. Its impossible for Realhotstuff to sell a fake Acekard since they get there Acekards straight from Acekard not from a different retailer. When I got my Acekard from Realhotstuff it was in good condition even the box was in good condition. I use AKAIO on mine and it works HW 81. I once bought a R4 from thedsdeals.com lmao it took 10 days to come to my house.

But to the OP are you sure its not your MicroSD?

I also recommend everyone to buy from Realhotstuff because when I did, they were on holiday ( July 4) and I put in a wrong address and I made a support ticket and they replied back to me on the 4th and they didn't even have to work that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok thanks, I love my X but have not messed with a S yet.