1. Atlantis_Risen

OP Atlantis_Risen Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hi guys, I'm having an issue with playing gameboy games on an EZ Flash Omega on my AGS-101. I'm using Kernel 1.07 and Firmware 7.0. Every review I've seen for the Omega, shows it displaying the outer SGB pallette with games that support that. Specifically, Links Awakening, Donkey Kong and Pokemon Blue should display a themed outer border. My Omega doesn't display these borders, and nothing I change in the settings helps. I also want to use the GBC colors, but don't see this in the settings. Can anyone help? Thanks.

PS: I don't have either of these problems with gameyob on DS, borders and colors work great. Same roms.

2. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert

United States
    Like so
    [​IMG]

3. Atlantis_Risen

OP Atlantis_Risen Member
    Newcomer

United States
    yes, my settings are identical to yours, but it doesn't display a border. The ROM is definitely ok, because it does display the zelda border using other emulators.

4. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

United Kingdom
    I usually have to reset the emulation after changing the settings to get the border to show up

5. Atlantis_Risen

OP Atlantis_Risen Member
    Newcomer

United States
    tried that. no good. weird, it seems to work for everyone but me

6. cassinni

cassinni Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    this worked well for me, but after every shut down of the gba sp, i have do redo these settings.
    Is there a way to save these settings, so everytime i start pokemon blue it looks pretty?

7. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert

United States
    Nope

cassinni likes this.
  8. Localhorst86

Localhorst86 Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--

Germany
    There is no way to save these settings, it will always revert to the default the creator of the kernel has specified.

I use a firmware made by the user @veikkos, specifically this one, which still has GBC colors and SGB border enabled by default:

https://github.com/veikkos/omega-kernel/releases/tag/k1.06_fw7-veikkos4

later versions (veikkos5) have this feature specifically removed because someone else didn't like it.

Last edited by Localhorst86, Jun 10, 2021
    veikkos and cassinni like this.
  9. cassinni

cassinni Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    Does this kernel fix the issues with game saves, aswell?
    With ez flash omega i have big issues, where save games disappear or did not save. (yes, i wait around 10 seconds after L+R save file)

10. Localhorst86

Germany
    I don't use the Goomba emulator very often, but I have not had issues with saving whatsoever.

Note that for Goomba, you need to bring up the emulator menu to initiate the SRAM writing process.

E.g.: save in Pokémon, open Goomba emulator to initiate the saving process to sd card, wait 5 seconds for the save to be fully written, then power off your gba. Do not use the "exit" function in the en mode menu.

cassinni likes this.
  11. cassinni

cassinni Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    I installed the same version of the kernel as you. Thank you for that! It saves me time everytime i start a game. I dont understand how
    he would remove that because someone doesnt like the colors...

The way i save games in Pokemon is, Press L+R go to Save State and go to New and press A, wait 10 seconds and then press exit in gooba or turn of the power. I never use the native Pokemon (GBA SP) save method. Am I doing something wrong?

12. Localhorst86

Germany
    I definitely advise against using the "exit" function in Goomba. As far as I remember, the official EZFlash implementation of the emulator was flawed in that regard and I believe veikkos4 was released before that bug was discovered and addressed. Always power off the GBA while in this menu (after giving the Omega time to write the save to the SD card, i.e. the obligatory 5-10 seconds).

As to savestates: I never use the savestate function in goomba so I don't really have any experience with it. I gave it a couple of tries just now and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. I haven't lost any savestate I tried. Here's a potential workaround that might give you better results: After saving the state, close the goomba menu (L+R), open it back up, wait 5-10 seconds, then power off your GBA.

cassinni likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Gameboy, problem, border