1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Magmorph said:
Christianity should be shown no more respect than it gives. It was what advocated slavery. It is against woman's rights. It is why gay people are not allowed to be married. I will not respect it any more than I would respect a sexist, slave trading, homophobic person.

Exactly. People always just use religion as an excuse. Like saying gay people should not marry because its against a religion. Most of the time people don't truely belive or understand their religion they are only considered jewish or christan or whatever because their parents are.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's a dvd you can get, might even be able to download it. Stargaze Hubble's view of the Universe.
http://www.stargazedvd.com/purchase.htm

When you wish to consider our very earthly, very limited concept of god, as written in the very old series of books we collectively call the Bible, you have to understand, they couldn't see anything of what we can see today.

http://www.stargazedvd.com/purchase.htm

You will never understand the world as it really is, until you actually are given an opportunity to actually look at it.

I have seen all of creation, and most of our world's religious types have not.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Magmorph said:
Christianity should be shown no more respect than it gives. It was what advocated slavery. It is against woman's rights. It is why gay people are not allowed to be married. I will not respect it any more than I would respect a sexist, slave trading, homophobic person.

An eye for an eye and the whole world goes blind, don't you think? By your concept here, the whole world would be split into bitter rivalries instead of doing logical arguments and diplomacy.

That's a pretty large umbrella you're giving Christianity. If you seriously think every sect of Christianity shares the same beliefs than you obviously are just an illogical, poorly driven anti-religious Leroy Jenkins.

Quakers are real racist, homophobic, sexist bigots, y'know?

Christianity also promotes to "love thy neighbor". Christianity also donates to charity. Christianity does many good things in a community. You assume EVERY Christian hates all the aforementioned things. There's plenty of Christians who accept all of it, or may not be big on it but still respect it.

Christianity doesn't promote anything you say. The benders of it do. The original gospels of Christianity was very peaceful, very mellow, very Jesus. There's nothing in the bible on slavery, homophobia, oppressing women. These misconceptions are basically from the Christianity "advocates" who enjoy playing sex degrees of separation with the Bible.

Do your research before saying "CHRISTIANS ARE A BUNCH OF RACIST SEXIST HOMOPHOBIC BIGOTS!" Branding them as bad people makes you just as bad as the terrible misconceptions you said.

Stop this anti-religious hatespeech. It leads to nowhere except proving that you're being a hypocrite. You accuse Christians of doing bad things that you're essentially doing by spewing hatred instead of agreeing to disagree.

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was talking about the bible, not Christians in general. I will start quoting it if i must.

Edit:

The bible says women are less than men, that holding slaves is fine with god, and that gay people should be stoned to death.

Zenith94

1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Magmorph said:

An eye for an eye and the whole world goes blind, don't you think? By your concept here, the whole world would be split into bitter rivalries instead of doing logical arguments and diplomacy.

That's a pretty large umbrella you're giving Christianity. If you seriously think every sect of Christianity shares the same beliefs than you obviously are just an illogical, poorly driven anti-religious Leroy Jenkins.

Christianity also promotes to "love thy neighbor". Christianity also donates to charity. Christianity does many good things in a community. You assume EVERY Christian hates all the aforementioned things. There's plenty of Christians who accept all of it, or may not be big on it but still respect it.

Christianity doesn't promote anything you say. The benders of it do. The original gospels of Christianity was very peaceful, very mellow, very Jesus. There's nothing in the bible on slavery, homophobia, oppressing women. These misconceptions are basically from the Christianity "advocates" who enjoy playing sex degrees of separation with the Bible.

Do your research before saying "CHRISTIANS ARE A BUNCH OF RACIST SEXIST HOMOPHOBIC BIGOTS!" Branding them as bad people makes you just as bad as the terrible misconceptions you said.

Stop this anti-religious hatespeech. It leads to nowhere except proving that you're being a hypocrite. You accuse Christians of doing bad things that you're essentially doing by spewing hatred instead of agreeing to disagree.

They are spreading false hope to people is what they are spreading. Praying will not affect a single thing in a million years.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Magmorph said:
I was talking about the bible, not Christians in general. I will start quoting it if i must.

Edit:

The bible says women are less than men, that holding slaves is fine with god, and that gay people should be stoned to death.

Old Testament or New Testament?

Zenith94

1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Magmorph said:

Edit:

I am quite interested in reading these quotes myself.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zenith94 said:
They are spreading false hope to people is what they are spreading. Praying will not affect a single thing in a million years.

They? How big is that umbrella again?

Again, you're all assuming Christians are one big sect with no diversity. It's like saying Asia is China because China has a lot of people.

You're just being as ignorant as your supposed "Christians". There are plenty of good teachings the Bible, you just can't accept that there's good things in religion.

I feel disgraced by people of the likes of you to call myself a person without religion. You brand us as anti-religious zealots who are ignorant and crusading against religion. You seem to enjoy dancing around points of logic and instead insulting a religion that has been twisted by propagandists for centuries.

Talaria

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Guild McCommunist said:
Magmorph said:

Edit:

Old Testament. Yeah there's quite a few things in there of that.

I'm just confused about one thing, with the Big Bang where did the dense high energy, high pressure and high temperatures that made up the primeval atom come from? 'Cos Physics tells me energy cannot be destroyed nor created, so how did the components of the Big Bang come into existence? Also who created God, and who created the creator of God so forth? How do I know this is real? I think therefore I am?

Science and Philosophy just produce more questions and answers very few.

So personally I like to think the world is Flat and that a Elephant with 63 arms is up there somewhere

Zenith94

1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Zenith94 said:

They? How big is that umbrella again?

Again, you're all assuming Christians are one big sect with no diversity. It's like saying Asia is China because China has a lot of people.

You're just being as ignorant as your supposed "Christians". There are plenty of good teachings the Bible, you just can't accept that there's good things in religion.

I feel disgraced by people of the likes of you to call myself a person without religion. You brand us as anti-religious zealots who are ignorant and crusading against religion. You seem to enjoy dancing around points of logic and instead insulting a religion that has been twisted by propagandists for centuries.

I don't go around shootn' the whoop randomly to people about religion. I saw this thread and wanted to express my ideas.

Posts merged

Talaria said:
Guild McCommunist said:
QUOTE(Magmorph @ Dec 23 2009, 01:40 AM)

Edit:

Old Testament. Yeah there's quite a few things in there of that.

I'm just confused about one thing, with the Big Bang where did the dense high energy, high pressure and high temperatures that made up the primeval atom come from? 'Cos Physics tells me energy cannot be destroyed nor created, so how did the components of the Big Bang come into existence? Also who created God, and who created the creator of God so forth? How do I know this is real? I think therefore I am?

Science and Philosophy just produce more questions and answers very few.

So personally I like to think the world is Flat and that a Elephant with 63 arms is up there somewhere

Big band is a theroy, therefore it is just as true as religion.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zenith94 said:
I don't go around shootn' the whoop randomly to people about religion. I saw this thread and wanted to express my ideas.

I'm assuming that's what a Christian would say when you start bashing them over the head with your ideals, no?

If that came off rude, I'm sorry. I'm just not a fan of the anti-religion people.

For now, I'm off. Gotta do my homework and mthr is roaming the castle
wink.gif

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I have already posted before:

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."

Jesus does not say the old testament should not be followed.

Men are the head of women:
"But there is one thing I want you to know: The head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God."

Slavery:
" However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way."

Homosexuality:
"Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; it is an abomination."

Sorry, I forgot that is was disobedient children that should be stoned to death, not gay people.

In case you don't beleive me:

"If anyone curses his father or mother, he must be put to death. He has cursed his father or his mother, and his blood will be on his own head."

"If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him, 19 his father and mother shall take hold of him and bring him to the elders at the gate of his town. 20 They shall say to the elders, "This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a profligate and a drunkard." 21 Then all the men of his town shall stone him to death."

DozerGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your kidding about slavery right? Does it really say that in the bible? If it does im glad I havnt read that garbage.If god created all why would one race be above another including isrealites?

If your not laying with a woman to create a child then all sex can be seen as an abomination. Christ in true form is the head(mind, thought process) of righteous men not all men.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
Magmorph said:

I think that its you who needs to do some research, have you any idea how ignorant that you have just shown yourself to be?

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Magmorph, can you list all the verses you have, that convinced you to hate what the bible says?

It would be much appreciated, as I would love to read all of them.
smile.gif

EDIT: I kind of get the feeling that if these verses are quoted out of context they may take on a whole different meaning. So this I would like to investigate.

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are too many verses to list.

You can find the context by typing the quote into Google if you are curious.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sterl500 said:
Hey Magmorph, can you list all the verses you have, that convinced you to hate what the bible says?

smile.gif

EDIT: I kind of get the feeling that if these verses are quoted out of context they may take on a whole different meaning. So this I would like to investigate.

What makes me laugh is that most you people believe in something that is taken from a book that you practically know nothing about.
And you said early that you were not ignorant.
rofl2.gif

You might find some happy reading here

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tanas said:
Sterl500 said:

smile.gif

What makes me laugh is that most you people believe in something that is taken from a book that you practically know nothing about.
And you said early that you were not ignorant.
rofl2.gif

You might find some happy reading here

Before you go on saying that I am ignorant, think about it. Yes I am ignorant about the Bible, but that is only one aspect of Christianity. The average Christian will never know more than what they actively learn in church, or what they read from the Bible. Laugh all you want, because I can forgive the laughter. That is just part of what I gain from my religion. I gained a kindness not only pertaining to how I was brought up, but it is directly attributed to the moral standards that Christianity has sealed inside of me. My kindness is draw out by people like you (okay this is getting increasingly personal) your empty void is filled by people like me, who care enough to look past politics, religion, past deeds, etc. Yes I am ignorant about the book, but that is of small consequence, because I am not ignorant on the subject of believing in God, which has not been proven right or wrong. Just keep laughing, because you only make me stronger.

EDIT: One more quick thing, God was there before the book.

EDIT2: Wow you were right about it being "happy". I do have one thing to say, and that is we do have free will, but at the end we shall all die. Those who have been saved are already graced with eternal life, and those that forsook God are punished eternally. Satan (or Lucifer) forsook God and was cast down from the heavens. So those that forsake God share the same fate as Satan (an eternal life of misery in a lake of fire ruled by Satan). Not because God and Satan are the same entity, but because one tried to outdo the other and fell for it.

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do you believe that Christianity has given you morals that you would not otherwise have? You disregard much of what the bible says and pick out the parts that you find moral, reinforcing moral values you already had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: i put in my birth year as 2000 instead of 2008 because i was sleep deprived as FUCK and had...