Not open for further replies.

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tanas said:
What makes me laugh is that most you people believe in something that is taken from a book that you practically know nothing about.
And you said early that you were not ignorant.
rofl2.gif

You might find some happy reading hereDon't be an ass. Have you even read the Bible completely or did you just read the bad quotes already posted on the internet?

QUOTE(Magmorph @ Dec 22 2009, 09:14 PM) Why do you believe that Christianity has given you morals that you would not otherwise have? You disregard much of what the bible says and pick out the parts that you find moral, reinforcing moral values you already had.
I agree. Taking a Rousseauean(?) (and some other people from the Enlightenment) approach, people are already born righteous. It is society that screws things up.

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would have to disagree that society screws things up. Our morals are entirely dependent on the society we live in. In one society pedophilia might be acceptable and in another it might be acceptable to stone people to death. The people living in these societies are not going to view the pedophilia or stoning as immoral because that is the way they were raised.

blitzer320

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you guys should all take this thread as a lesson
1: you can never talk about religion with adults it wont resolve anything plus by now they have their own f'd up ideas about religion that aren't gonna change no matter what you say
2: this thread can get up to about 400 pages long and nothing will be resolved
3: i motion that everyone move on to spending their time in more usefull ways such as taking care of your kids or hacking the PS3 something that we all can appreciate
4: This thread is very stupid and is just gonna end in a flame war so mods please end it now
5: nobody knows so you can't say the atheist is stupid because he doesn't believe in god because he only believes in hard core evidence
6: this countdown has gone on way longer than i expected
7: when is karaoke revolution Wii gonna get dumped its too whack for my $40
8: who else has built a Hackintosh if you haven't you should i love stealing from mac it'll teach you more about your pc
Choose any of the above topics to talk about other than religion theres just no point stop trying to convert each other

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi campers!
Well, it's about that time again. Time you close down yet another "religious debate" thread.
I hope you've enjoyed it, and maybe even learned something.

I'm going to pull a cheap shot and put my 2¢ in, here at the end, where no one can argue with me.

It doesn't really matter what religion you subscribe to, or none at all, in the end, you have a choice to either be a butthole, or not.

The secret to a happy life: Empathy, and loose shoes.

Happy Holidays!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE