Gaming Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
samus_2010 said:
tested the patch, had to use command prompt as the patcher exe wouldnt stay open in vista, doesnt work with r4, the creators little picture comes across like other patched roms, but still crashes right after just like the unpatched

Could not get it done though my windows XP

If you open both unpatched and patched verion with a hex-edtor like HexCmp would be best for both at the same time

What would be the offset's and hex diffrences ?

If you mean crashed on a emulator like no$gba 2.6a , encrypt the ROM , and run with GBA BIOS (nintendo logo) enabled in setings

samus_2010

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
drwhojan said:
samus_2010 said:
tested the patch, had to use command prompt as the patcher exe wouldnt stay open in vista, doesnt work with r4, the creators little picture comes across like other patched roms, but still crashes right after just like the unpatched

Could not get it done though my windows XP

If you open both unpatched and patched verion with a hex-edtor like HexCmp would be best for both at the same time

What would be the offset's and hex diffrences ?

If you mean crashed on a emulator like no$gba 2.6a , encrypt the ROM , and run with GBA BIOS (nintendo logo) enabled in setings

didnt i say it doesnt work on r4? and i dont know about hex's or anything, i found out how to do the patch this way from some ancient post regarding something entirely different

edit: command prompt as follows, cd\ for the c drive or whatever other letter, then use \ to seperate each directory all the way to where the files are located then press enter once you have gone as far as you can, then type bspatch "rom.nds" "rom-patched.nds" hk-ed3dc.bdf spaces between each file

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
LOVEnPOP said:
Is it normal for the patched file to be half the size of the unpatched one? From 67.108.864 to 35.237.888 bytes.
That's normal, patching it trims it as well.
I just fought a few green birds on 2nd floor and used Cross Slash and several area attacks with no problems, seems like a good patch.
biggrin.gif

Happy exploring folks~

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Zarcon said:
I can set sail on M3 Real now instead of freezing immediately, seems good so far.

xxdxtremexx: To use the patch you can make a .bat file.
Open up notepad and paste this into it.
bspatch.exe eo3.nds eo3patched.nds hk-ed3dc.bdf
Save it as "patch.bat" WITH the quotations.
Rename your rom to eo3.nds, make sure it hasn't been trimmed.
Place the rom and bat file inside the same folder as the patch.
Run the bat file.
Should have a new file called eo3patched.nds

That worked for now chears

EDIT: I wish it did not trim the ROM as well , now the real patch is hard to find in the offset's and Hex lol!, Because of the intro

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dalias said:
Tried Zarcon's bat file but all I get from the cmd window is:

C:\ETspatch.exe eo3patched.nds hk-ed3dc.dbf
'spatch.exe' is not a recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

:-(

W7x64
You missed the "b" in "bspatch.exe"
tongue.gif

samus_2010

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Daath said:
@samus : an original r4 using wood firmware.

like ysmenu? if so where can i find it, because ysmenu is crashing with this patched aswell, giving me error code 4 - loading, where as normal r4 1.22 just crashes after i press start during the flashy moving shape crap

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, burp +1