OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
English is spelt like crap, I think we can all agree on that

Most other languages have had spelling reform over time, I thought we could concentrate our efforts to reform english orthography here

Some suggestions of mine, please don't steal them as I've worked very hard on them

Argue is now RGU
Time is now TYM
Apple is APL
All numbers are henceforth written only with their numeric symbols; six being 6 and so forth
The letter A shall now be written EY

Please share you contributions below

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I have a few suggestions.

The letter "c" has two different pronunciations depending on the word it's in. This is confusing and ambiguous. I suggest the hard "c" be replaced with "k", and the soft "c" with "s" in spelling.

"Ph" is largely redundant and should be replaced with a simple "f". Apart from simplifying things, this will make words like "fotograf" 20 percent shorter.

The "th" combination is a remnant of the archaic character "thorn" or "Þ", and should be replaced by a more simple "z" sound.
The already nonsensical "double you" character should be replaced with either "v" or "u" depending on its use in a given word.

After zis, ve vil hav a reli sensibl riten styl. Zer vil be no mor trubls or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi tu understand ech ozer. Ze drem vil finali kam tru!

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They should just get rid of a number of letters. In Gaelic we only have 18 letters and that's more than enough lol.

Bu chòir dhaibh cuidhteas fhaighinn de ghrunn litrichean. Anns a ’Ghàidhlig chan eil againn ach 18 litrichean agus tha sin barrachd air gu leòr lol.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
English is the only language where spelling is so hard it's a competition

Not to mention grammar errors. I had to peer review a paper once in HS, and all I saw was red. Red. Everywhere. All the time.

It was a miracle the kid who wrote it even made it to senior year at that point!

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
English is the only language where spelling is so hard it's a competition
I would love to see a chinese "spelling" bee where you have to write any character they ask of you in the correct stroke order

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
Not to mention grammar errors. I had to peer review a paper once in HS, and all I saw was red. Red. Everywhere. All the time.

It was a miracle the kid who wrote it even made it to senior year at that point!
fake it till you make it

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unnamed.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0