End of thread suggestion

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I love gbatemp, frequent here alot in my time but one thing is really starting to annoy me, no matter what thread I go on it always loads the page on the last post, which means if you have a non-descriptive thread e.g. "I need help" you always have to scroll to the top of the page click the 1st page, read what the subject is about, scroll to the bottom of the page and click the reply button (thats if you don't click quote) wouldn't it just be simpler to have threads load on the 1st post so you can read what the OP was originally on about and reply accordingly. instead of the massive running around.

Now I'm sure some people will be "but it only takes about 10 seconds to do" but think about it, you read 6 threads thats a minute gone just trying to find out what the original poster wanted help with, 60 times is 10 mins gone etc etc. All in all if you visit the site alot and read alot of threads your going to waste alot of time just trying to help people

So what I'm asking Mr (and Mrs) Mods is please sort this out, change a line of code so threads will load at the beginning instead of the end

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are you navigating to the topic through "Latest Discussions"? Because other than that and clicking "Last post by:", that's the only way it does that. In topic view you just click the topic title and it takes you to the beginning by default.

If you use Latest Discussions, click the "by" next to the topic and it will take you to the first page.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
10 seconds? More like 3. Also, if I want to see the latest post in the thread and it takes me to the first post, then I'm going to have to do what you described above. Works both ways.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1