Hacking Misc Looking for a way to dump NSO icon parts for archival purposes. (Possible solutions in thread)

mydough

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
I'm looking for a way to dump the NSO icon parts.

Currently (as far as I'm aware) the biggest collection of these parts is this one and unfortunately these parts are low resolution and don't have the transparent backgrounds that they're supposed to have. And I've contacted what seems to be one of the maintainers of this doc and they've told me that currently these parts have been extracted via an unmodded system by screenshotting and cropping each one by hand (absolutely respect the effort).

As such I've been looking into ways of dumping these parts and here's what I've found:
-the NSO app is basically a website running in the switch browser applet
-the Switch caches data (possibly browser data but I haven't tested that or looked into the system files to see if it does)
-the browser applet is built on WebKit

These are points that I thought might be helpful to anyone reading and looking to help. My leading theory is that if the switch does Indeed cache the NSO icon parts we can dump the cache and extract the data in it and since the browser is built on WebKit looking into how WebKit caches can be made into proper data can help us with that.

As I unfortunately currently do not own a switch system I'm looking for anyone willing to help me look into this. here are some suggestions for starting points:
-for those with unmodded systems one way to find out if the switch does indeed cache files is by recording the following process:
resetting the cache and loading the NSO icon customization page and loading up the icon parts and then restarting the system and loading up the same page
then checking the footage for the difference in the loading times
- for modded systems just looking around the switches files might help us find something

thank you for reading and I'm hoping this can be a springboard for someone else to try and solve this

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto