Hacking Emulated NAND for Rock Band 2 DLC

jpref

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is there an alternative to uloader that does it this well ? I am finding it very slow to load up the pages on this program (not to sure why)
edit : is 4.9A the newest version ?

edit2: its only slow because i was using sdhc card, i guess its not recommended , SD works pretty decent

jpref

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@heathcliff & mvgc3 - got evreything working. takes about 3 minutes on loading screen and another 5 on the 'checking wii memory' . thanks for your help. learned a lot about emulation
smile.gif

AtomBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

I'm unable to get NAND emulation working to play RB2 or the beatles rock band
I'm currently using uLoader 4.9. cIOS 223 V5. PAL wii 4.2 Pal version on both games
Using uLoader to copy over the save game to USB NAND does not work (properly). it says copying. But when I play using the emulated NAND, none of my scores are there, nor does it show which songs I have purchsed.
I have made a NAND dump and then transferred everything from the dump to the USB drive, but still nothing.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

mvgc3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I said before I couldn't get the built in "Copy" feature to work either.

Make sure the whole NAND dump is in a folder called "nand". I THINK FSToolbox does this automatically.

In uLoader, after you select the game but before you load it, click "Configure", make sure "cIOS 223" is green. Hit "Edit CFG #2", make sure "USB" and "Use DLC from x:/nand/" are green, and that you have the correct folder selected ("/nand"), then click OK.

Hope that helps!

secamfr

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Just make some test and it work with Rock Band 2, DJ Hero and GHWT (caution GHWT is limited to 120 DLC).
I have downloaded DLC directly from the Shop for DJ Hero and GHWT (i just take the Jimi Hendrix songs).
If someone know how to add all the Guitar Hero 5 DLC...?
GH5 have SDHC support but if the DLC is on the emulated Nand, we can have preview for all songs
smile.gif

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
and if you guys found a way to make custom work aside from DLC let us know.

i'm much more interested in customs on emulated nand than bunch of dlc i won't want to play

mayhem366

Trophies
XP
Country
I have also confirmed this method to be working but have a thought on how to update the emulated nand.
I download the songs i want onto my wii nand and then do the backup, delete the DLC off of the wii nand.
Backup nand now has songs, wii nand does not. Download some more songs onto wii nand, surely then backing that up would overwrite the emulated save meaning only the new songs would show right?

Oh, and downloading to the emulated nand by accessing the rock shop using uLoader + USB options does not work at all.

FBRogers

Trophies
XP
Country
This worked for me perfectly. I am using uLoader 4.9b and the settings are now saved which is quite handy. I have been a modchip user but since System Menu 4.2 and no Region Free hack for Preloader I have had to load a Rock Band 2 disc through Gecko 1.9. Having a backup of my nand put me slighty more at ease at doing this and I am really impressed at the Emulated NAND DLC off my usb hard drive. The loading time is not too long probably about 3 minutes at the first loading screen and then 4 minutes for it to read the emulated wii memory. I have to take out my SD card during the opening video or the console stays stuck at the loading screen when it tries to backup songs to the SD card. I have 801 songs in my downloaded location and am now just waiting to be able to start putting customs on there so my hard drive can store all my music in one place. I tired to access the music store but it hung for about 3 minutes and then I had to pull the plug. Other than that I only need a USB hub so I can run my microphone and drums at the same time. I may even get myself a new non SDHC card to start running RawkSD aswell.
mellow.gif

yaywii.gif

mvgc3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mayhem366 said:
I have also confirmed this method to be working but have a thought on how to update the emulated nand.
I download the songs i want onto my wii nand and then do the backup, delete the DLC off of the wii nand.
Backup nand now has songs, wii nand does not. Download some more songs onto wii nand, surely then backing that up would overwrite the emulated save meaning only the new songs would show right?

Oh, and downloading to the emulated nand by accessing the rock shop using uLoader + USB options does not work at all.

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but if you're saying to download more songs than will fit on the internal NAND, then you could just backup the files somewhere, make a new NAND dump with the new songs on it, and copy the old files back over.

The DLC is held in:

USB:\nand\title0010005\735#4145\content\

Where # = 1-4 (each generation of DLC is in it's own folder). Obviously it's best to copy the 735#4145 folders, rather than just the files, so you don't get the generations mixed up.

mayhem366

Trophies
XP
Country
But what about the save file? Does that just contain the data about what songs are purchased or what songs are on the nand?
What i am saying is that if you delete the DLC from the nand (using the wii menu), would this not affect the save game.

mvgc3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The save file only has scores, your characters/bands, and most likely other settings like audio/input delay, as far as I can tell.

You can add DLC to the NAND without using the store if you have the PC tools (discussed on the first page). That's how some of us have all of the songs, it would take forever if we had to sit there and download them all one by one in the store.

mayhem366

Trophies
XP
Country
Brilliant, thanking you muchly. I have found the tools before but not used them, this method seems much better.
I know that the save game is important for customs and i did a bit of digging around and testing trying to get them to work from the USB but had no luck, shame really.
Never mind, thank you for your help.

mvgc3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yah, from what I can tell customs won't be possible on USB until the new RawkSD comes out. I agree that it's a shame, especially considering (by all the indications I've read) that it won't be released for some time. That and I don't have a non SDHC card...

mayhem366

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, is there a way to stop RB2 'backing up' the stuff to the hard drive if it is loaded through the USB? Mine took a couple of mins in the normal places to load, checking SD card, loading etc. But now it has got to backup content and is taking bleeding ages to do whatever it is doing.

mvgc3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is it backing up exactly? Can you list the screens you go through? I haven't come across this problem, and can't really think of what or where the Wii would be backing anything up.

Unless... maybe you have songs on your SD card, that its moving to the Wii's NAND for faster access to when you want load them later. I know that copying the files to and from the SD card in the System Menu takes FOREVER (I had time to clean half my house while moving just one file, probably about 650 blocks).

It probably didn't do this before if you don't have a lot of space on your internal NAND, but since you're using the USB drive now the Wii sees plenty of space.

That's all entire speculation, though, and makes a few assumptions about your setup. Like I said I haven't come across this. It takes a short while, but nothing that's unbearable.

mayhem366

Trophies
XP
Country
Well i load RB2 and get the loading screen (black screen, white guy drumming) which stays for about 2 mins (as seems to be the norm here) and then it goes through the videos, press plus and then it says loading, checking wii system memory which lasts for about 3 mins, then it says backing up data to the SD card which is the bit that is ridiculously slow.

Hmm, actually as i was typing this out it didn't do it...lol.
Never mind then.

EDIT: Just loaded it up again and it did the same thing, a message popped up in RB2 before the main menu loaded and said that the Wii Systsm needed to move some DLC to the SD card so it started copying stuff to somewhere, no idea.

It would be because i still have a SD card in is it?
And i doubt it's the partition size since it has 30GB free. Strange...

ShakaHeath

Trophies
XP
Country
France
mayhem366 said:

To add more songs as they come simplu download them to your real NAND, dump it then unpack the dump with ShowMiiWads and paste it over your old NAND dump choosing to overwrite all when prompted. I can tell you this work as this is the methode I use.

QUOTE(mayhem366 @ Mar 16 2010, 02:14 PM) Hmm, is there a way to stop RB2 'backing up' the stuff to the hard drive if it is loaded through the USB? Mine took a couple of mins in the normal places to load, checking SD card, loading etc. But now it has got to backup content and is taking bleeding ages to do whatever it is doing.

If I undertand your problem then you would simply have to chose not to backup the songs onto the SD card when prompted (right before the title screen appears).

AtomBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
was hoping for some help.. obviously

I have managed to run both RB2 and RB: Beatles from emulated nand on usb. (I am using uLoader 4.9, v5 223). both games are pal as is my wii.
When run both these games with emulated NAND I can see in the store that have got songs purchased.
I then ran the beatles from real NAND and I individually downloaded every song from the store onto the sd card. The used dlcunpacker to turn the bin files into apps. placed then into 72394a45 folder. ran beatles from emulated NAND, songs showed up and play well. success!

However, I don't want to download every song form RB2 store manually. I have used RockBand2-DLC-PCTools-PAL to download some song files. but now am not sure what to do with to get them into working app files. I did use the program to turn them into apps files but either didn't do it properly, or have placed then in the wrong folder. The folder name I used was 735a4150

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/9seCZUSS8zE?si=xMNkLYWrWl6kDH44