Hacking Emulated NAND for Rock Band 2 DLC

changeling

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FBRogers said:
I have to take out my SD card during the opening video or the console stays stuck at the loading screen when it tries to backup songs to the SD card.
This is the problem I'm having too. I have not tried your solution yet of removing the SD card during the opening video. I'll do it if I have to but would prefer not to have to mess with removing the card while the wii is powered on.

I didn't dump the NAND, just set up Uloader 4.9B, copied the save over using edit cfg#2, put all the .app files in the appropriate folders on the USB drive (/nand/title/00010005/735a41x5/content), and told Uloader to use DLC from USB. It must recognize that the DLC is in the emulated NAND since RB2 is trying to copy it over from "internal memory" to SD.

I'll keep looking for a solution, any help on how to tell RB2 just to leave the DLC alone would be appreciated.

Edit: Well, removing the SD card does fix the problem. Now I just have to figure out how to get Gen B,C, and D tickets over to the emulated NAND, since right now all I've got is Gen A ticket. (735a4145.tik)

changeling

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, as far as I know The Beatles Rock Band and Rock Band 2 use two separate engines/frameworks for DLC and it is not possible to use Beatles DLC in RB2.

NPVinny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to figure out why my DLC isn't working with the emulated NAND in uLoader. The DLC shows up in my USB HD when I open up DLC Manager, and I can seem to load the game and save just fine using the emulated NAND, but it won't load any of the DLC.

nEmoGrinder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
changeling said:
Now I just have to figure out how to get Gen B,C, and D tickets over to the emulated NAND, since right now all I've got is Gen A ticket. (735a4145.tik)

There might be a solution this this problem.

There is a "bug" in uLoader: What I assume is happening is that it linearly searches through all your save files in your REAL nand to look for the game saves. It then copies over the ticket for that save and all the title content. This works for most games since most games only have one save.

Rock Band 2, however, has a save for each generation of DLC that comes out (we are up to 5 now). So what will happen is all the title content for RB2 is copied over, but only the first ticket is copied and the rest are ignored. Not surprisingly, the first ticket it finds is gen one since it is numerically first (the ticket is 735a4145.tik). Each ticket matches a folder (which has the same name) in the title content with the corresponding generation's DLC.

What is stored in these tickets (I assume, I have not looked into it, just an educated guess) is basically a list of all the DLC you have purchased (from that generation). This is stored on the wii so that Harmonix doesn't have to store it themselves somewhere.

basically the 100's digit increases with each generation of DLC. So matching them up looks like this:

sZAE 735a4145
sZBE 735a4245
sZCE 735a4345
sZDE 735a4445
sZEE 735a4545

So what you would need to do is get each of the above tickets into your emulated nand. For SOME reason, nobody can do this (I used uLoader's copy function and Simple FS Dump) because they all only pull the first ticket.

One approach which might work that I have not tried is using bootmii to dump an exact replica of your nand to your SD card and then use a program to convert it into an actual file structure. From there you could pull out the tickets and put them in the correct spot on your USB HDD (or whatever you are using) and you would have access to any DLC you previously had when using your wii's real nand. This approach is different from using uLoader of a FS Dump because you aren't actually copying individual files by traversing the file system, you are taking a full binary dump (all 512mb of the system's nand, even the stuff you aren't using).

If somebody could try that out and let me know, I would be very interested. It would help a lot of people I'm sure.

There may be another way to do it by copying the pay & play saves from your wii to your SD card and somehow taking the data.bin file from the private/TITLE/(dlc gen number) folder and converting it, but I'm not sure what is actually stored in there (just title content or the ticket as well).

Like many people in this thread, there is ANOTHER way to do this (with some.... additional benefit) that can't be discussed here, but as far as I know, what I stated above is the likely culprit and I gave my guess at a possible solution that would give you back any DLC you had purchased using your wii's nand for all DLC generations.

cjonigo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You have to use Parannoyed DLC packer/unpacker!
Put the unpacker + your .bin files in the same folder and run "recrypt_all.bat" (or whatever it's called) then you must have a folder containing your .app and a tmd. Even if you've got an error this should work!
Is there any chance of getting a copy of Parannoyed DLC packer/unpacker?? The Wii store is closed so i can't get the back door program loaded. I have the bin files from a dead Wii Rock Band 3, and need the unpacker to use them on my replacement Wii. Can u help me?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: