Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ddp127 said:
can you make one for boot-it, or modify the linux one to boot /apps/boot-it/boot.elf?

Ok just to help out. I made a forwarder quickly out of what i have been working on.

I AM NOT AT HOME SO I HAVE NOT TESTED THIS YET.

that being said it should be fine.

it shows progress and reads the application to load from sd:/forwarder.conf

that means you can edit forwarder.conf to point to any dol you want to boot (like sd:/apps/boot-it/boot.elf or sd:/apps/mplayer_ce/boot.dol)

save the forwarder.conf to the root of your SD card.

This should be SDHC compatible and Should load from a safe memory space (0x81000000).

I included the source as well.

To use it forward.dol needs to be injected into a channel, or run from HBC. forwarder.conf needs to be in the root of your sd card. the rest is the source.

Configurable Forwarder

JQE

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Elfish said:
JQE said:
Sir VG said:
Ok, weird that the ones already made into WADs work but these don't. Oh well. I'm not gonna fret over it.

I am wondering if it's a 4.0 vs 3.2 thing. Either way, i have been working on creating a libwiigui interface for a forwarder. Sort of fancy like.. It's coming along nicely now.

sounds cool
smile.gif
keep us updated on it.

So far it's going well. I got it so i can add multiple items in configuration and choose which to launch and it does. I think i added function to load games from DVD.

the biggest issue i am having is saving the configuration for the dols to forward. I can write the config file but i can't read it. Which is odd cause i use the same code in other forwarders and it works. So i am still working that out. Once it's done i am going to up a copy to see if anyone wants to try it out.

danny-ml

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi!!

I've a problem!

I've made some ".Dol forwarders" but some show "black screen" just install "DevkitPro" and "cvs" I need more libs? do not understand why some work's and others don't

Thanks for all!

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

X D D X

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
jservs7 said:
X D D X said:
Thanks for the info XDDX, but is there an actual dol file that loads faster without the confirmation screen? Sorry if I'm being picky, but I enjoyed the faster loading times.
tongue.gif
Nope, i don't think you can get faster loading times than that. It takes the same amount of time as using the HBC.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
X D D X said:
jservs7 said:
X D D X said:
Thanks for the info XDDX, but is there an actual dol file that loads faster without the confirmation screen? Sorry if I'm being picky, but I enjoyed the faster loading times.
tongue.gif
Nope, i don't think you can get faster loading times than that. It takes the same amount of time as using the HBC.
Hmm, I was wondering if there was any way to modify the new "2 second forwarder" dol used by USB Loader GX to work for MPlayer CE?

Freezing Alone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, I'm hoping someone can help me with an issue I'm having. I installed the Elf/DOL Forwarder v0.21 and put the .conf file on the root of my SD card with the correct path to the .dol I want to use (/apps/usbloader/boot.dol) but whenever I load the channel I get a code dump and have to hard reset.

Has anyone encountered this and know how to fix it? Thanks in advance for any help.

BiPoLaR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiwax... I'm having the same problem. I attemp to load forwarder channel from system menu and get a dump error. I have the boot.dol in the correct place.. what gives? Anyone know?

darknior

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hi

I have a stupid question, but for me i don't understand
frown.gif

When we want to add a channel to our WII we must have a WAD to install it.
But here you give some .DOL for make channels ? I don't understand ?
I have search for program to convert .DOL in WAD but these program are for convert the program himself like WiiEarth withadd the image and the name of the channel.
Not use for just convert your .DOL in WAD because your .DOL is a forwarder who launch himself the WIIEARTH.DOL in the SDCard
wink.gif

Can you explain me ?
Thanks

JQE

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
darknior said:
Hi

I have a stupid question, but for me i don't understand
frown.gif

When we want to add a channel to our WII we must have a WAD to install it.
But here you give some .DOL for make channels ? I don't understand ?
I have search for program to convert .DOL in WAD but these program are for convert the program himself like WiiEarth withadd the image and the name of the channel.
Not use for just convert your .DOL in WAD because your .DOL is a forwarder who launch himself the WIIEARTH.DOL in the SDCard
wink.gif

Can you explain me ?
Thanks

You need to use a program like wadder to take the dol and put it INTO a wad file.

This will allow you to have a channel with the forwarder dol in it.

BoLzI

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Guys,

i tried to install the WAD Manager and the SoftChip WAD-Channel from the first post.

But when i try to start this channels on my WII i always get a dump error.
The path of my SoftChip and my WAD Manager are correct.

Does anyone have a idea how to fix this problem?

Some other channels like the Homebrew Browser are working really perfect.

Joshwraith

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello some find the solution to the black screen (code dump) from the "elf_dol_forwarder_specifics_source" file that is placed on the first post..?

I already try the solution show it a few pages before...

QUOTE said:
in the makefile for the project change.

From
LDFLAGS = -g $(MACHDEP) -Wl,-Map,$(notdir $@).map
To
LDFLAGS = -g $(MACHDEP) -Wl,-Map,$(notdir $@).map,--section-start,.init=0x80d00100

0x800d00100 is a memory address to run the forwarder from. I think this will fix it. I am not 100% sure though

I like this dol cause doesn´t have the loading bar when is booting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: hey sylv? do you know why gameyob crashes on the EZP?