Country
Canada
Elfish said:
hi,

i tried to compiled the specific source with the lates devkitpro and libogc
it compiles just fine all warnings are the following:

Code:
d:/wii/source/elf_dol_forwarder/source/main.c: In function 'main':
d:/wii/source/elf_dol_forwarder/source/main.c:119: warning: implicit declaration of function 'valid_elf_image'
d:/wii/source/elf_dol_forwarder/source/main.c:122: warning: implicit declaration of function 'load_elf_image'
d:/wii/source/elf_dol_forwarder/source/main.c:125: warning: implicit declaration of function 'load_dol_image'
d:/wii/source/elf_dol_forwarder/source/main.c:140: warning: implicit declaration of function '__exception_closeall'
d:/wii/source/elf_dol_forwarder/source/main.c:147:2: warning: no newline at end of file

Somehow i just get a blackscreen after loading the dol.
I got a sd card but compiling it with the latest devkit and libogc. that shouldnt be a problem right?
Anyone knows why it doesnt work?

Those compiler errors are normal, no issue there... Which forwarder are you using? Which application are you trying to load? Do you have the path correct? with the correct case?

Elfish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yep the path is correct.

i'm trying to run the specific forwarder.

path:
/apps/fceugx/boot.dol

it's 100% correct....
I need to compile it with the latest libogc cuz i need the suppport for sdhc cards :/

does it work for you?

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, now that I have a way to compile, I'm running into new problems.

Code:
> "make" 
main.c
c:/emu_forwarder_source_v2/source/main.c:20:25: warning: jpeg/jpgogc.h: No such file or directory
c:/emu_forwarder_source_v2/source/main.c: In function 'main':
c:/emu_forwarder_source_v2/source/main.c:178: warning: implicit declaration of function 'strspn'
c:/emu_forwarder_source_v2/source/main.c:178: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'strspn'
c:/emu_forwarder_source_v2/source/main.c:226: warning: implicit declaration of function 'valid_elf_image'
c:/emu_forwarder_source_v2/source/main.c:229: warning: implicit declaration of function 'load_elf_image'
c:/emu_forwarder_source_v2/source/main.c:231: warning: implicit declaration of function 'load_dol_image'
c:/emu_forwarder_source_v2/source/main.c:245: warning: implicit declaration of function '__exception_closeall'
c:/emu_forwarder_source_v2/source/main.c: In function 'draw_background':
c:/emu_forwarder_source_v2/source/main.c:257: error: 'JPEGIMG' undeclared (first use in this function)
c:/emu_forwarder_source_v2/source/main.c:257: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
c:/emu_forwarder_source_v2/source/main.c:257: error: for each function it appears in.)
c:/emu_forwarder_source_v2/source/main.c:257: error: expected ';' before 'about'
c:/emu_forwarder_source_v2/source/main.c:258: warning: implicit declaration of function 'memset'
c:/emu_forwarder_source_v2/source/main.c:258: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'memset'
c:/emu_forwarder_source_v2/source/main.c:258: error: 'about' undeclared (first use in this function)
c:/emu_forwarder_source_v2/source/main.c:263: warning: implicit declaration of function 'JPEG_Decompress'
c:/emu_forwarder_source_v2/source/main.c:265: warning: implicit declaration of function 'display_jpeg'
c:/emu_forwarder_source_v2/source/main.c: At top level:
c:/emu_forwarder_source_v2/source/main.c:269: error: expected ')' before 'jpeg'
c:/emu_forwarder_source_v2/source/main.c: In function 'trim':
c:/emu_forwarder_source_v2/source/main.c:296: warning: implicit declaration of function 'strlen'
c:/emu_forwarder_source_v2/source/main.c:296: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'strlen'
c:/emu_forwarder_source_v2/source/main.c:303: warning: implicit declaration of function 'isspace'
make[1]: *** [main.o] Error 1
"make": *** [build] Error 2

> Process Exit Code: 2
> Time Taken: 00:01

I can't get any of the multi-loader source codes to compile. The general forwarder works fine, so I'm probably screwing something up. Help, anybody?

TrickyTony

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone out here help me out with a channel idea I have. I do not know the first thing about source code but what I want should be VERY EASY for someone who does know. I am trying to make a multiloader for the usb loaders. By default my hope would be for it to load the dimok, nixx, etc. "List style" loader. I think from there, there ought to be two more. A "Cover flow" (personal fav Nullkill one) and a "Grid" one (maddoc's). I feel like editing the source for any of Spacejump's multiloaders it would be pretty easy to just redefine the paths, but again I don't understand how to edit source so I might be wrong... Below I have ideas for paths, but is ANYONE could take this job one I think it would make a super kickass channel and many, many people would use it. Even if someone wants to guide me I will be happy to do the work but I only have a Mac and a lot of these programs seem to be Window only. Anyway to anyone willing thank you!

Path Ideas:

/apps/usblist (load by default)
/apps/usbcoverflow (load when holding A)
/apps/usbgrid (load when holding B)

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, there seems to be things that aren't compiling right with the source code he's providing - I can't compile anything but the general forwarder and the completed compile isn't working right for me (possible because it doesn't work coming out of HBC?). So until SpaceJump can come in here and help, don't know what else I can do.

JQE

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sir VG said:
Well, there seems to be things that aren't compiling right with the source code he's providing - I can't compile anything but the general forwarder and the completed compile isn't working right for me (possible because it doesn't work coming out of HBC?). So until SpaceJump can come in here and help, don't know what else I can do.

It compiles if you have the libogc files in the right place. Make sure you install the newest version.

As for the black screen, i am no coder but i do dable and so far with my debuging it looks like the apps are launching from entrypoint 80004000 and so is the forwarder. This means that they are trying to occupy the same memory space and crash.

I found one app (the gui usb-loader from dimok and crew) that doesn't have that entry point and it works flawlessly. I am trying to figure out how to change that now, then i think it will work.

Elfish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ah ok.

sounds reasonable
let's hope u you find the error for the blackscreens
smile.gif

JQE

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Elfish said:
ah ok.

sounds reasonable
smile.gif

sadly i am not at my Wii right now. If you want to try and test for something

in the makefile for the project change.

From
LDFLAGS = -g $(MACHDEP) -Wl,-Map,$(notdir $@).map

To
LDFLAGS = -g $(MACHDEP) -Wl,-Map,$(notdir $@).map,--section-start,.init=0x80d00100

0x800d00100 is a memory address to run the forwarder from. I think this will fix it. I am not 100% sure though.

if you have a chance to try that let me know.

I will be testing later tonight, but wouldn't be able to post results until tomorrow.

Elfish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
JQE said:
Elfish said:
ah ok.

sounds reasonable
smile.gif

From

To
LDFLAGS = -g $(MACHDEP) -Wl,-Map,$(notdir $@).map,--section-start,.init=0x80d00100

0x800d00100 is a memory address to run the forwarder from. I think this will fix it. I am not 100% sure though.

I will be testing later tonight, but wouldn't be able to post results until tomorrow.

sadly i'm not at home either
frown.gif
Otherwise i'd try...

TrickyTony

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if ALL I am trying to do is change some paths is the only file I need to edit the "main.c," or do other files in the source need some edits to match the main.c (working with the emulator forwarder)? I know people are having issues compiling this but I am just taking baby steps....

JQE

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Elfish said:
JQE said:
Elfish said:
ah ok.

sounds reasonable
smile.gif

From

To

sadly i'm not at home either
frown.gif
Otherwise i'd try...

so it worked. That change was the one. Now i can forward all of them it seems.

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JQE said:
Sir VG said:

It compiles if you have the libogc files in the right place. Make sure you install the newest version.

As for the black screen, i am no coder but i do dable and so far with my debuging it looks like the apps are launching from entrypoint 80004000 and so is the forwarder. This means that they are trying to occupy the same memory space and crash.

I found one app (the gui usb-loader from dimok and crew) that doesn't have that entry point and it works flawlessly. I am trying to figure out how to change that now, then i think it will work.

Ok, weird that the ones already made into WADs work but these don't. Oh well. I'm not gonna fret over it.

I'll see if I can figure out that app you mentioned and try to edit it myself as time allows.

JQE

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sir VG said:
Ok, weird that the ones already made into WADs work but these don't. Oh well. I'm not gonna fret over it.

I am wondering if it's a 4.0 vs 3.2 thing. Either way, i have been working on creating a libwiigui interface for a forwarder. Sort of fancy like.. It's coming along nicely now.

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I think it was just an issue with my files. Cause I was having problems with almost everything, but then after I uninstalled and reinstalled devkitpro, everything seems to be fine now...so far.

Elfish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
JQE said:
Sir VG said:

I am wondering if it's a 4.0 vs 3.2 thing. Either way, i have been working on creating a libwiigui interface for a forwarder. Sort of fancy like.. It's coming along nicely now.

sounds cool
smile.gif
keep us updated on it.

corenting

Trophies
Website
www.corenting.fr
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I can compile the forwader and run it on my Wii but there is a code dump.
If I don't insert the SD there is the error message (FAt couldn't be...) and no code dump ! I can't understand...
wacko.gif

Can someone who can compile the forwader for specifics apps can send me his files (libogc and forwader folder with Makefile)

Or can someone make one for frodo,in apps/frodo/boot.dol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, prove it