Homebrew Official EasyRPG 3DS - RPG Maker 2000/2003 Player for 3DS

Mastak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://twitter.com/Rinnegatamante/status/712820403052421120

31/32 FPS on O3DS. Get hyped!
This is a 100% improvment since the initial version. From 16 to 25 to 31/32.

CeRyYO4WIAAfC50.jpg

UltiNaruto

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Using Smash Bros 3DS cart.
O3DS Sysnand 9.2 loaded perfectly on first try but takes long to go to main menu.
Game : Zelda Link's awakening
Main menu : 40 fps constantly.
Cutscenes : 24 fps.
Thunder cutscene : 0 fps.
Ingame : 5-9 fps. 0 when moving. It's a lot laggy.
The sounds seem to play very well.

EDIT: The Thunder cutscene at beginning doesn't seem to load correctly and some menus can't load background.

Last edited by UltiNaruto,

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
https://twitter.com/Rinnegatamante/status/712820403052421120

31/32 FPS on O3DS. Get hyped!
This is a 100% improvment since the initial version. From 16 to 25 to 31/32.

CeRyYO4WIAAfC50.jpg

You'll have to wait a lot of time so since i'll probably stop updating test builds cause in 100 downloads only 3-4 people decided to help the development reporting their results :D
I'll probably test by my own the whole thing and i'll ask to @ihaveamac for testing about svchax (and this will obviously slow down a lot development).

Last edited by Rinnegatamante,

Merrx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Does the svchax work in principle with 10.x cfw?
Or can we only use a 9.2 firms?
I got rid of my emuNAND, but maybe it was to early. :unsure:

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I believe svchax is the reason why I can't pass console debug freezing,there are other ways to get kernel hax on a 3ds,unless I can load into the test build, there is nothing I can report different from others,and yes, it's 10min freezing,not 5s

are you sure it really works on new 3ds cfw with 10.x
native firm theoritically?

Last edited by pdapanda,

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
I believe svchax is the reason why I can't pass console debug freezing,there are other ways to get kernel hax on a 3ds,unless I can load into the test build, there is nothing I can report different from others,and yes, it's 10min freezing,not 5s

are you sure it really works on new 3ds cfw with 10.x
native firm theoritically?

For what @aliaspider said in svchax thread, it should properly run on any NATIVE_FIRM.

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Got furthur test on both New 3DS & Old 3DS,
Situations that work:
9.2 sysnand with 9.0 Native_Firm on both system.

Doen't work:
9.2 sysnand with 10.x Native_Firm on both system
10.7emunand with 10.x Native_Firm on both system

I should say it is almost impossible to use youtube as launching title on 9.2 sysnand, because it is now encrypted with 9.6 key.
Luckily I have a lot of Monster hunter games and smash bros4.

Also, the port doesn't support japenese routes, it's a pity that rpg maker was first released by Japenese conpany.
When I play a free game called Ruina(download link:http://www.freem.ne.jp/win/game/2037), It threw me such errors on my new 3DS:
scr_16_COMBINED.png

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Got furthur test on both New 3DS & Old 3DS,
Situations that work:
9.2 sysnand with 9.0 Native_Firm on both system.

Doen't work:
9.2 sysnand with 10.x Native_Firm on both system
10.7emunand with 10.x Native_Firm on both system

I should say it is almost impossible to use youtube as launching title on 9.2 sysnand, because it is now encrypted with 9.6 key.
Luckily I have a lot of Monster hunter games and smash bros4.

Also, the port doesn't support japenese routes, it's a pity that rpg maker was first released by Japenese conpany.
When I play a free game called Ruina(download link:http://www.freem.ne.jp/win/game/2037), It threw me such errors on my new 3DS:
View attachment 43538

Mmmmhhh i've an idea that could probably fix it. Going to test right now, thanks for the report ;)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can you give me a direct download to the game? I don't really understand where to click to download it :P

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy

Link is dead :(

P.S. A little update about the progresses for anyone interested on this:

- BGM Musics are now supported (Only WAV files atm).
- SFX Sounds are now supported also in OGG format.
- Increased framerate (Now it runs at 32/33 FPS on O3DS)
- Fixed the transparent tilesets blending, now every tileset is correctly drawed.
- Fixed FPS counter (L trigger to show/hide it) and removed the debug FPS counter on debug console.
- Now START button will be mapped as for ESC button on PC so it will not shutdown the whole homebrew wherever you are.

At the moment, most of the games could be played quite good BUT there still are a lot of things to add and performances need to be improved too.

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Reactions: UltiNaruto

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Link is dead :(

P.S. A little update about the progresses for anyone interested on this:

- BGM Musics are now supported (Only WAV files atm).
- SFX Sounds are now supported also in OGG format.
- Increased framerate (Now it runs at 32/33 FPS on O3DS)
- Fixed the transparent tilesets blending, now every tileset is correctly drawed.
- Fixed FPS counter (L trigger to show/hide it) and removed the debug FPS counter on debug console.
- Now START button will be mapped as for ESC button on PC so it will not shutdown the whole homebrew wherever you are.

At the moment, most of the games could be played quite good BUT there still are a lot of things to add and performances need to be improved too.

http://www.freem.ne.jp/dl/win/2037
with this link click where the picture shows.

Attachments

• T1U~8E3GI53(ZSI{PW[OART.png
    T1U~8E3GI53(ZSI{PW[OART.png
    4.6 KB · Views: 307
Reactions: Rinnegatamante

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
http://www.freem.ne.jp/dl/win/2037
with this link click where the picture shows.

Do you have a CFW? If so, i can try to build a CIA with Ruina121 in romFs to see if it solves the problem (since i'm having some problems with sdmc filesystem and i need to know if the problem is in ctrulib or not).

Reactions: AutumnWolf

MasterFeizz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a CFW? If so, i can try to build a CIA with Ruina121 in romFs to see if it solves the problem (since i'm having some problems with sdmc filesystem and i need to know if the problem is in ctrulib or not).
For what I know, fat32 doesn't support unicode. So unless the 3ds has a workaround, like windows does, you might have to implement your own workaround on the player itself.

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I think I have found the reason why I can’t play it,as a Chinese, the windows I‘m using uses different kind of unicode from japanese,
when I extract the zip, file names are changed into random characters,when I change them back manually,I can play the game with this homebrew now

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
For what I know, fat32 doesn't support unicode. So unless the 3ds has a workaround, like windows does, you might have to implement your own workaround on the player itself.

This is basically what i wrote on EasyRPG official forum about this problem:
If i'm not wrong, i'm quite sure 3DS doesn't have an fopen option for widechar usage so the win32 code it's unusable.

Looking to stdio implementation it looks like fopen automatically converts the char* string you pass to an UTF16 so it's quite strange that this happens:

https://github.com/smealum/ctrulib/blob ... #L176-L206
https://github.com/smealum/ctrulib/blob ... #L321-L412
https://github.com/smealum/ctrulib/blob/master/libctru/source/sdmc_dev.c#L321-L412

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Here is another free game I’m trying with. It's called Grimm Adventures, a much bigger game.
Cutscene such as opening is 0 fps, ingame scene is roughly 50 fps on the new 3DS.
A strange thing is, with the dialog, there are something like\>\C[0] before the words,
Here it is
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1dFLNQvf
click 下载,then 普通下载 with the window prompt out
scr_21_COMBINED.png
scr_24_COMBINED.png

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Here is another free game I’m trying with. It's called Grimm Adventures, a much bigger game.
Cutscene such as opening is 0 fps, ingame scene is roughly 50 fps on the new 3DS.
A strange thing is, with the dialog, there are something like\>\C[0] before the words,
Here it is
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1dFLNQvf
click 下载,then 普通下载 with the window prompt out
View attachment 43646 View attachment 43647

The grey box problem had been solved with this commit: https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/easyrpg-player-3ds/commit/215ed5b6c3a8fc11e0ab5740ff2e29cd188954af

Here's another test build updated to latest commit. Another thing that should be tested is romFs support since at the moment i have access only to a 4.5 fw console running nh 1.1b (and nh 1.1b doesn't have romfs support at all).

romfs should contain game files (like romfs:/Map0001.lmu).
Don't know if romfs file can be appended to a 3dsx directly or an elf file is needed. (The elf file is pretty big and currently i don't have a good internet connection <.<)

THis test build has a lot of fixes, new adds and improved framerate.
To see current framerate, press L to toggle FPS counter.
I hope someone will report bugs like @pdapanda did.

Attachments

• testbuild.rar
    1.7 MB · Views: 266

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the...