Homebrew Official EasyRPG 3DS - RPG Maker 2000/2003 Player for 3DS

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of curiosity, RPG Maker 2000/2003 are fairly limited on what you can make, so making a player that can run those games makes sense. RMXP/VX/VXAce/MV all allow scripting, and are usually much larger in scope. Would it be possible to make a player that could play those, with a warning or something not to expect full speed and perfect compatibility for every game?

Not a request, mind you. Playing RM2k3 games on the go is amazing enough. I'm simply curious what the possibility would be of playing something like Exit Fate on N3DS.

UltiNaruto

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Using Smash Bros 3DS cart.
O3DS Sysnand 9.2 loaded perfectly on first try.
Main menu : 38 fps constantly.
Ingame : 26-27 fps.
The sounds seem to play very well.

Using Smash Bros 3DS cart.
O3DS Emunand 10.7 it froze on first try.
Same for 2nd try.
Same for 3rd try.
It always freezes on debug console started.

Last edited by UltiNaruto,
Reactions: Arkandy

zeebo30

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious, does this support Pokemon Essentials?

And if you're not aware pokemon essentials for use with RPG Maker. It allows you to make pokemon games

Arkandy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Launches effortlessly every time on n3ds 9.2 sysnand with ARN and a9lh, loads to the main menu and sounds seem to be clear with the debug menu reading 60fps. Gets stuck at "Debug console started..." when started in sysnand/emunand when not launched with 9.2 firmware (or 9.0. whichever firm boots holding L with aureinand).

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Maybe you should just offer a CIA for now ? I guess svchax will never be a solution for games HB.

I released this test build principally to see reliability of svchax. I don't get the point on working on a CIA version.

I've updated libsvchax with an updated version of svchax, can you re-try starting it with this 3dsx file?

Attachments

• easyrpg-player.rar
    1.7 MB · Views: 467

Arkandy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've updated libsvchax with an updated version of svchax, can you re-try starting it with this 3dsx file?

Still hangs at Debug console started on 10.7 Emunand (5/5 tries), 9.2 Sysnand (5/5 tries when booted with firmware.bin), and works each time I try when booting with firmware90.bin on 9.2 Sysnand using Aureinand on n3ds. Sound is working fine with the new 3dsx as well.

cpasjuste

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I released this test build principally to see reliability of svchax. I don't get the point on working on a CIA version.

The point of using CIA is to access some services you can't normally (as it seems you need so with svchax).

Reactions: AutumnWolf

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
The point of using CIA is to access some services you can't normally (as it seems you need so with svchax).

Maybe you don't get my point. I released this test build just to see svchax reliability. So why should i release a CIA version?
As i already stated, test builds are not meant for normal usage but just to help me understand how to better organize code to allow as much systems installation support and to fix bugs.

Mayo1990

I just play vidya
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Since I act as a monkey in these cases I just took a RPG 2003 game and replaced all the stuff in your folder with the ones of the game so I just got an EasyRPG logo every time, which implies it worked, I guess.

Anyway, back to thread:
O3DS 9.2 Sys/10.7 RXTools
In sys the exploit started fine but it shown EasyRPG's logo
In emuNAND It's stuck on "Debug console started"

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Since I act as a monkey in these cases I just took a RPG 2003 game and replaced all the stuff in your folder with the ones of the game so I just got an EasyRPG logo every time, which implies it worked, I guess.

Anyway, back to thread:
O3DS 9.2 Sys/10.7 RXTools
In sys the exploit started fine but it shown EasyRPG's logo
In emuNAND It's stuck on "Debug console started"

2) Debug console what says if a crash/freeze occurs (take in mind that the interpreter is slow to load stuffs so just wait a bit before concluding it's a freeze).

And for slow it doesn't mean it takes 5 seconds.

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never thought I'd see the day where someone would attempt to port EasyRPG after the psp version. Good luck on it man.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol