EA Denies Claim of Tiger Woods Nudity Glitch

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It’s no secret that people love to hack videogames and add their Easter egg-y shenanigans. Surely, we all remember the “Hot Coffee” debacle of a few years back, involving Grand Theft Auto and the secret stage that allowed players to conduct, uh, private meetings with the ladies of the street.

Well, now it appears that videogame giant Electronic Arts may have a similar sort of wrinkle on its hands involving Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11. Jo Eley, who hails from Britain, claims she “spent ages” creating her Tiger Woods custom avatar only to have it suddenly tee off wearing only white pants. (Yup, “she” was topless.)

The Sun has the exclusive story on this, as well as video of the purported avatar in action (large NSFW photos, as you might expect). EA, for its part, apparently issued a statement to the paper, saying in part:

l We have extensively investigated and have determined that this situation is not possible through a retail copy of the game. The player model is clearly modified as a result of hacking. l

Clearly, something is amiss. But whether it’s a widespread bug or some other malicious bit of hackery, Tiger Woods has yet another public relations headache on his hands.

Source:http://www.wired.com/playbook/2011/01/tiger-woods-nudity-glitch/

Does anybody know of this glitch?

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
I'm counting the minutes until there's a monkat sighting in this thread. It's inevitable.
wink.gif

grog.gif
grog.gif
200!
grog.gif
grog.gif

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Sheaperd121 said:
Snailface said:
I'm counting the minutes until there's a monkat sighting in this thread. It's inevitable.
wink.gif

grog.gif
grog.gif
200!
grog.gif
grog.gif

Maybe we should call him?
No, he'll come on his own. He's mystically drawn to lurid topics like these, trust me.
tongue.gif

Edit: aren't we all?
cool.gif

RoyalCardMan

DS App Studio™ Developer
Trophies
Website
www.awsomisoft.com
XP
Country
United States
Fishaman P said:
Stevetry said:
who wants to see him naked i am worried that you guys are so eager

You misunderstood. Tiger Woods is not naked. A female custom character within the game is topless.
eahack300x175.jpg
I hope I can post this image. If I can't, mods please delete this image from the post.

EA would never do that unless they said that they did. If ESRB didn't see it, than EA didn't see this coming. This was a hack that happened. People just like framing other people for this kind of stuff.

I would say it is a hack, or a glitch that EA didn't catch.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Was originally reported by The Sun newspaper in the UK, which is only a small step above the bat-boy-filled dimension inhabited by Weekly World News.

RoyalCardMan

DS App Studio™ Developer
Trophies
Website
www.awsomisoft.com
XP
Country
United States
BlueStar said:
Was originally reported by The Sun newspaper in the UK, which is only a small step above the bat-boy-filled dimension inhabited by Weekly World News.
Well, than since it is in the UK, I am betting this is relied on the reporter's point of view on the situation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter