E-Shop CRAZY Prices Increase!!!

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by SaagiBols, Feb 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaagiBols
    OP

SaagiBols The AnalSavior

Jan 29, 2015
    Serbia, Republic of
    Here, There, and Everywhere!..
    I Dont know exactly when this happened, but i just noticed that all the big e-shop games prices went up +75%??? :O i just bought my copy of Pokemon Omega Ruby a month ago for 30 euros! but Now the new price for it is 50 euros!!!

...My E-Shop is Russian region and im wondering if other regions got the same 75% increase in prices and if Nintendo will drop it any time soon????
    also why did N did sucha Huge pricing increase...

EDIT:
    well... after reading a few threads on other forums, i learned that this happened only to Russian region prices!:( AND ONLY because of the political Bullying WE Get From (a**r***s) Propaganda About Ukraine! plus there political relations with Europe!, =Our currency Drop =People from other regions abusing it to get games at lower prices....

EDIT2:
    ...i counted the 30 euros price with the Latest Exchange Currency Value!!! BEFORE THIS the pricing was the same AS IN OTHER REGIONS!!! RUB currency was worth more!!!

2. ut2k4master

ut2k4master Lord Tourettes

Feb 20, 2010
    Germany
    nothing changed here, but they are already relatively high. pokemon is 45€ for example

3. Skull Kiddo

Skull Kiddo Definitely Not A Kid

Dec 17, 2014
    My bedroom
    Seem normal here, check country.

4. SaagiBols
    OP

SaagiBols The AnalSavior

Jan 29, 2015
    Serbia, Republic of
    well... after reading a few threads on other forums, i learned that this happened only to Russian region prices!:( AND ONLY because of the political Bullying WE Get From (a**r***s) Propaganda About Ukraine plus there political relations with Europe!, =Ur currency Drop =People from other regions abusing it to get games at lower prices....

5. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    Let's not make it a political discussion! ;)

But 30 euro is damned cheap, normal prices are €45 euro for that here in Belgium :/
    ok, if it's €50, that's , like, yeah, we've seen prices for 3DS games around €49,99 here, so €50 isn't that bad for top games like pokémon

6. vassildador

vassildador Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2013
    Belgium
    Well, to be fair the rouble really dropped a lot in value over the past year. This in turn makes everything more expensive. It's only normal that they follow suit with the rest of the economy... that said, it still sucks for you of course :(

Edit: are you actually paying in euros :wtf:? Cause that wouldn't make sense then...

7. SaagiBols
    OP

SaagiBols The AnalSavior

Jan 29, 2015
    Serbia, Republic of
    before the currency drop the prices WHERE Equal to Europe and other Regions!(1EUR=40+RUB/it always was fair! But Never a crazy 72+RUB=1EUR) and this happened in a period of 4 to 2 months!!!
    im sorry but this Is A POLITICAL THING!

8. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    30 euros is still a lot for a license to download play a game >:C

digital licenses should be a lot cheaper than a phisical copy... but sometimes digital is even more expensive...

9. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Not trying to get political on a gaming site but as long as Russia keeps pulling there bullshit land grab attempts the value of the Ruble will go down and things will become more expensive for you.

10. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Checked on Russian eshop since I have failed the system transfer anyway and are waiting for big N to manually move the NNID: 46,11 € for what is normally 45

11. purupuru

purupuru GBAtemp Regular

Oct 10, 2013
    United States
    Don't you remember apple had to stop selling phones when your currency tanked?

12. SaagiBols
    This message by SaagiBols has been removed from public view by Vulpes Abnocto, Feb 14, 2015, Reason: Enough of that..
    Feb 14, 2015
  13. geishroy

geishroy Suspended

Suspended
    Dec 10, 2008
    United States
    who the fuck is assrapes? is that what he means by a**r***s?

14. SaagiBols
    OP

SaagiBols The AnalSavior

Jan 29, 2015
    Serbia, Republic of
    ahhaghaa^_^ LMAO;-)))))

15. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein Professional asshole at GBATemp

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    It just says "America's" (propaganda, etc). Don't know why he put the asterisks anyway.

16. tofast4u

tofast4u GBAtemp Fan

Dec 2, 2012
    United States
    Ukraine has always been Russian dude. The word literally means "The Border" in Russian, and most of East Ukraine speak in Russian and want to be part of Russia. Russia is only taking back what's rightfully theirs.

17. chemistryfreak

chemistryfreak GBAtemp Fan

Nov 8, 2008
    Nintendo eShop = Crap:hateit:

18. SaagiBols
    OP

SaagiBols The AnalSavior

Jan 29, 2015
    Serbia, Republic of
    i dont think that the whole thing started Coz Russia Waned to Concur Ukraine:)!?! it was more like, Ukraine's worst Traitors/Criminals Managed to organize an Uprising, with the help of Certain (we know who...)

...i really need to stop with politics...:}

LMAO)))))

19. CrazySpaniard

CrazySpaniard Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2008
    Canada
    eshop prices may rise but the price of a gateway never changes

20. Plstic

Plstic Guru Meditation Error

Apr 21, 2010
    United States
    Milwaukee WI
    The prices were raised because the Ruble has tanked really hard because of the sanctions.

Xenon Hacks likes this.
  21. anon1234
    This message by anon1234 has been removed from public view by Vulpes Abnocto, Feb 14, 2015, Reason: None of this has anything to do with the topic.
    Feb 14, 2015
  22. SaagiBols
    OP

SaagiBols The AnalSavior

Jan 29, 2015
    Serbia, Republic of
    when gateway released the new 9.2 support = Resalers added up to 50%+ price increase up in Heah:) i think other regions did the same(DK4 sure...)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.