DVD-R or DVD+R?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Mistle, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Mistle
    OP

Mistle Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2008
    My local store only have Verbatim DVD-R DL disks, and no DVD+R.

My question is, will a DVD-R still work? Looking through that topic it seems everybody has DVD+R's...

2. Alfangus

Alfangus Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2008
    Hey Mistle, its me Alfangus (assuming your the same Mistle from the IGN boards)

Anyway according to the Guide, you can use DVD-R DL, and I don't see any reason why couldn't (people have said stuff about custom set layerbreaks, but given the straightfoward way you burn SSBB I don't think this is an issue.)

I used DVD+Rs, TDK ones which I found at my local Dick Smith (ironically because they only had -R verbatims, and I wasn't sure). They worked fine.

3. Mistle
    OP

Mistle Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2008
    Ah, hey Alfangus, same Mistle here [​IMG]

That's great to hear, because I have finished downloading and I really wanna play some SSE. I'm gonna start the burn now.

Hopefully it works....

4. Sonikku

Sonikku Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2007
    Netherlands
    I used verbatim DVD-R DL too. In my case, the game doesn't boot by itself (error #001) but when I start the game with the dvd5 and swap the disk with the dvd9 in the main menu, it works perfectly.

5. Mistle
    OP

Mistle Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2008
    Ah well, I can handle doing that.

Does it work on 60Hz or 480p? Thanks [​IMG]

6. sepinho

sepinho GBAtemp Regular

Sep 22, 2007
    Gambia, The
    Has anyone tried Philips-branded/Ricoh-manufactured DVD+R DL?

I can't even burn the ISO and now I'm wondering if it's just really crappy discs or a corrupt file. How would I find out, if it's the latter?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice