Hacking DVD-R or DVD+R?

Mistle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My local store only have Verbatim DVD-R DL disks, and no DVD+R.

My question is, will a DVD-R still work? Looking through that topic it seems everybody has DVD+R's...

Alfangus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Mistle, its me Alfangus (assuming your the same Mistle from the IGN boards)

Anyway according to the Guide, you can use DVD-R DL, and I don't see any reason why couldn't (people have said stuff about custom set layerbreaks, but given the straightfoward way you burn SSBB I don't think this is an issue.)

I used DVD+Rs, TDK ones which I found at my local Dick Smith (ironically because they only had -R verbatims, and I wasn't sure). They worked fine.

Mistle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, hey Alfangus, same Mistle here
tongue.gif

That's great to hear, because I have finished downloading and I really wanna play some SSE. I'm gonna start the burn now.

Hopefully it works....

Sonikku

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I used verbatim DVD-R DL too. In my case, the game doesn't boot by itself (error #001) but when I start the game with the dvd5 and swap the disk with the dvd9 in the main menu, it works perfectly.

sepinho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Has anyone tried Philips-branded/Ricoh-manufactured DVD+R DL?

I can't even burn the ISO and now I'm wondering if it's just really crappy discs or a corrupt file. How would I find out, if it's the latter?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: No sir we can not sell you anymore apple pies, after what you did with the last one.